Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Anyone else had the Armory stop working after the latest update? Instead of the Armory a view over the water is shown, like I'm on a ship or something. Have to alt-tab to close the game to move on.

The Armory still works fine in vanilla, and I use no other mods.

I just downloaded the Six Updater yesterday...Is that not the newest version.

And my Shortcut its correct! I have all those codes in the Target line. Im not an idiot, I've been playing ArmA 1 since it came out.

And its EVERY vehicle. Not some. Not one vehicle catches on fire OR smokes after being destroyed. I've asked others and seen videos. Most vehicles do burn and smoke after exploding, especially tanks. Its also annoying when 4 satchel charges only disable a tanks treads...:(

There are too many features that dont work so I will list the ones that do..

While reading the ACE2 Features list. These are the ones that work:

-AI Improvements?? Im not sure its hard to notice. They seem the same though.

-Attachments. Pretty sure.

-Blood Trails

-Grenades. I have them but they don't work like they should..And the Throw Type doesnt work since NONE of the key bindings work.

-Radio Silence- Override that because I didn't like it.

-Sandbags

-Shotgun Ammo

Thats it.

The thing thats confusing me the most is why the hell does all parts of ACEX work but the core ACE Mod doesn't work!? Why!?

It would probably help if a dev saw my post...

Am I doing anything wrong in the installation process or what!?

You aren't really explaining how you set it up. I'm not really sure what you are trying to say here. All that stuff is working for me.

Are you sure you have the updated .hpp files in your userconfig/ACE2 folder. The new ones DL to the @ACE2/userconfig folder(in the ACE2 mod folder). You need to copy and paste these to the userconfig/ACE2 folder, it's in the main A2 directory.

Also, upgrade to the new updater!

Anyone else had the Armory stop working after the latest update? Instead of the Armory a view over the water is shown, like I'm on a ship or something. Have to alt-tab to close the game to move on.

The Armory still works fine in vanilla, and I use no other mods.

Haven't tried it yet, I'll look though.

Edit: It doesn't work for me either, same thing. But if I hit esc I can exit.

Edited by Manzilla

My @ACE\addons folder is 88 Mo big and contain 234 files.

I suggest you go in your Arma2\@ACE\userconfig folder and then copy, paste and replace the 4 config files inside your Arma2\userconfig\ACE to see what's going on.

I cut and pasted that whole folder into my ArmA 2/userconfig folder and renamed it ACE.

@Manzilla- Yes I've done that. I took the userconfig folder inside my @ACE folder and cut and pasted it into my ArmA II/userconfig folder and renamed it ACE. And I reinstalled the updater yesterday...Is that not the newest version??

@scubaman-First off I don't understand how to submit a bug there. I've tried. And second how will that help me. I want to get a quick fix, why is it working for every other person that uses the ACE Mod...but not me. Its more frustrating knowing I've installed it correctly and nothing SHOULD be wrong.

A little more direct help would be better.:(

Love the new EASA timer. :) Good work men!

However noticed that the Mk82's only fill up 1 per 3-slot hardpoint (closest to the body on each wing).

I cut and pasted that whole folder into my ArmA 2/userconfig folder and renamed it ACE.

@Manzilla- Yes I've done that. I took the userconfig folder inside my @ACE folder and cut and pasted it into my ArmA II/userconfig folder and renamed it ACE. And I reinstalled the updater yesterday...Is that not the newest version??

@scubaman-First off I don't understand how to submit a bug there. I've tried. And second how will that help me. I want to get a quick fix, why is it working for every other person that uses the ACE Mod...but not me. Its more frustrating knowing I've installed it correctly and nothing SHOULD be wrong.

Name it ACE2.

MacScottie: This has been discussed and there is a reason to why its not smaller. If its made smaller in ARMA2 you barely see it.

How can that be? There are 1-2 pixel wide crosshairs on all other optics.

Name it ACE2.

Actually it should be named just ACE (\userconfig\ACE\). An outdated userconfig would most likely only cause masks and key binds not to work. If the game cannot find the userconfigs, it will not start, giving you a not found error.

If you are still stuck, I recommend uninstalling SIX updater and choosing to remove user preferences if asked.

Check C:\Users\tcp\AppData\Local\VirtualStore for any files that belong to arma2/ACE and delete them. This is UAC-protected storage and it may be caching old files.

Reinstall the latest SIX updater. On your first run, right-click and run as Administrator. No need to delete the whole ACE directory, that won't help. SIX will detect any incorrect/old files and replace them.

If you run SIX a second time and any files are being redownloaded or unpacked (even though you just updated), you may have a permissions problem. What you want to see is No Updates Found for each mod folder.

Yup, not sure why I thought it was ACE2. This sounds like old .hpp's or a bad set up.

Ask the creators - if they will reply a 1000 time about why its not smaller. Good luck. :)

And second how will that help me. I want to get a quick fix.(

Sickboy usually responds to bugs submitted there the same day. just create a login at the dev heaven site and then select new issue from within the ACE or Six-updater pages there.

i think that will be about the quickest fix you're likely to get. He ususally seems to be online about 10-12 am GMT based on me being in Aus and he is responding at between 8-10pm here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johan S View Post

Sounds like you are still starting the normal ArmA 2, without ACE. You have to put all the mods in the shortcut you use to start the game. When you start the game, do you see the ACE loading screen?

This shortcut is automatically created in your Arma2 mainfolder at each ACE2 installation/update, it is named :Play ArmA2 with @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA + by reading your post it seems your Six Upd. is not the latest version. Here is the link : http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_...x-arma-updater

i just downloaded and installed today, but i don't see the shortcut you say that get automaticly created. what do i do? or how do i get it to create one for me

Use mine: -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM -nosplash

And add it to your excisting ARMA2 shortcut. Rightclick it - Properties. And in the Shortcut tab you have a box called "Target:" where the ARMA2.exe path is. Right after it you add the line i posted above. So it should look like this:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM -nosplash

how would i get it to create it automatically for future references on updates? or doesn't it do it either for everyone? and what about the ace_pla?

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM -nosplash

Future updates goes into the folders you added. No need to add new things just cause of an update. If you however get another addon then just add it to the excisting modline i posted.

Look in my signature - how to install addons&mods youtube video.

A quick fix? Submit the bug report and help us all.

Ok i just Played with the ACE mod for the first time in the editor and i noticed that i can't hear voices while giving commands or from the SecOp Radio anymore. how do i fix this?

Ok i just Played with the ACE mod for the first time in the editor and i noticed that i can't hear voices while giving commands or from the SecOp Radio anymore. how do i fix this?

Check userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp. It's in the main A2 directory.(Not the ones in the @ACE folder.) It's the first option.

Also, use the search this thread function first. Most questions have already been answered and people may not answer them.

Enjoy the Mod it rocks!

Edited by Manzilla

A short trip to aimpoint website before posting would have saved us time...

Aimpont only has the 2" and 4" dot size options @ purchase, and most come with 4" because it is meant to be used with closer targets. You have ACOGs & DMs for targets >= 300 mtrs.

The size of the dot

You can buy ACET sights in two different dot sizes, 2 or 4 MOA*. When factoring in speed and accuracy, extensive trials have shown that 4 MOA is the optimal dot size for most users. Tests performed by the military have repeatedly proven that one single red dot is the reticle with which marksmen most quickly fire a well-aimed shot.

*MOA (Minute of angle)

* 1 MOA = 30 mm at 100 m (1†at 100 yards)

* 2 MOA = 60 mm at 100 meters (2" at 100 yards)

* 4 MOA = 120 mm at 100 meters (4" at 100 yards)

In practice this means that the 4 MOA dot covers the target with:

* 30 mm at 25 meters (1" at 25 yards)

* 60 mm at 50 meters (2" at 50 yards)

* 120 mm at 100 meters (4" at 100 yards)

For a more first hand discussion ;) http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-1024.html

So normally a 4MOA should approx cover a man's head completely @ 100 mtrs and

Edited by Cross

thanks manzilla how would i search for an answer to my question? im very new to the forums as well not quite sure what i would do in the config exactly. once again im very sorry for not knowing much about any of this. very new to all of it.

Actually it should be named just ACE (\userconfig\ACE\). An outdated userconfig would most likely only cause masks and key binds not to work. If the game cannot find the userconfigs, it will not start, giving you a not found error.

If you are still stuck, I recommend uninstalling SIX updater and choosing to remove user preferences if asked.

Check C:\Users\tcp\AppData\Local\VirtualStore for any files that belong to arma2/ACE and delete them. This is UAC-protected storage and it may be caching old files.

Reinstall the latest SIX updater. On your first run, right-click and run as Administrator. No need to delete the whole ACE directory, that won't help. SIX will detect any incorrect/old files and replace them.

If you run SIX a second time and any files are being redownloaded or unpacked (even though you just updated), you may have a permissions problem. What you want to see is No Updates Found for each mod folder.

I did exactly what you said and it says Nothing to Update. But its still messed up.

Seriously, there is no reason why the ACE2 mod shouldn't work for me. Im doing it the same way as everyone else. Why would it be bugged for me but not anyone else and more importantly why would ACEX work perfectly fine but the core ACE mod doesn't work?

thanks manzilla how would i search for an answer to my question? im very new to the forums as well not quite sure what i would do in the config exactly. once again im very sorry for not knowing much about any of this. very new to all of it.

It is explained in the ARMA2/Userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp

The line that says: #define ACE_NOVOICE means that there is no voices. To cancel NO voices and thus get voices all you need to do is add 2 slashes in front of that line. Like so:

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

And save.

Now go play a bit instead of messing around. :)

I just noticed the "elavadar aereo de carga" module . . . what does this do? translated it means air freight elevator in english, yet i cant find anything about it in the ace wiki or ace features page . . .

I hardly ever use the armory. In fact, I don't think I've used it since I installed ArmA II for the first time. I think my situation is similar for many people. It's a really low priority, therefore, because there are other issues that the dev team need to spend their time on, I guess.