Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Now THAT idea I could go for. Better interaction with the AI, selecting gear, and loading your ride for you. sys_quartermaster anyone?

yer tht sounds good, however theres going to be time where you have to bail out of your ride and as theres a unpacking from rucks issues with the AI you will end up leaving all the kit behind tht you will need cause you can't carry it all, unless it been fixed i posted a bug but it got close and idk if it got sorted as the detail lacked info. but it be good to have a module tht you can pack gear into your group with out having to command them to diffrent ammo boxes or waste time typing in the AI init box

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK

One stupid question, if I delete ace_c_ui_background.pbo will I get back the starting main menu animation (with the LHD)?

yer tht sounds good, however theres going to be time where you have to bail out of your ride and as theres a unpacking from rucks issues with the AI you will end up leaving all the kit behind tht you will need cause you can't carry it all, unless it been fixed i posted a bug but it got close and idk if it got sorted as the detail lacked info. but it be good to have a module tht you can pack gear into your group with out having to command them to diffrent ammo boxes or waste time typing in the AI init box

I remember a while back on armaholic a preview of someone working on a script that had AI auto-equipping themselves. It was pretty interesting. Maybe someone can look into an extension of that.

I remember a while back on armaholic a preview of someone working on a script that had AI auto-equipping themselves. It was pretty interesting. Maybe someone can look into an extension of that.

It's been released already hasn't it? I can't remember if it's up to date for ACE2 but I thought it was.

EDIT:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6844

It uses CBA so it may work. I haven't used it in a while though.

One stupid question, if I delete ace_c_ui_background.pbo will I get back the starting main menu animation (with the LHD)?

Test it, but don't delete it, just move it somewhere so you can move it back if you change your mind. :)

thats ok if your out in the s$%t, but it be good to have something to prep before going out on a op and the AI unit to be allowed to carry more gear, its a shame the ruck issue from ace never got solved and i deleted the bug number, Evil Psyco the bug got assigned to you at first then i quested it was passed on, any word on what happen about the AI or AL Ruck unpack problem?

Just wondering is there any way to set the ejected round casings to stay on the ground in singleplayer?

thanks for the amazing mod :)

thats ok if your out in the s$%t, but it be good to have something to prep before going out on a op and the AI unit to be allowed to carry more gear, its a shame the ruck issue from ace never got solved and i deleted the bug number, Evil Psyco the bug got assigned to you at first then i quested it was passed on, any word on what happen about the AI or AL Ruck unpack problem?

Psychotic - no. Malevolent - yes. :smiley-evil:

No word on the problem you asked about.

The ruck unpack issues currently outstanding get tangled up in parts of the game engine I don't have easy access to or documentation for. The solution for direct ruck-crate/ground actions might end up involving a complete split away from BI's gear system ( right now I build on top of it ). That would give me the control needed, but has a very big risk of breaking compability with Warfare and anything else that currently depends on BI's gear system. Because of that I'm not willing to take that step unless a huge majority of the ACE community is behind that and willing to deal with the repercussions.

None of this has much to do with current discussion of AI loading up gear for you though.

Hi there,

Im getting issues trying to installed this mod where by the mod is refusing to let anyone join the server with the error missing keys from these fiels @CBA folder please remove these files or install aditional keys

Does anyone have any suggestions or anything to help me solve this?

cheers

s^%t sorry for getting ur name wrong, ok that all make sence, so no plan at all about AI ruck system, ok this is to every one, would there be a way to add more slot for AI gear or be able to use the equipment slots where the map and compass sits? to pack ammo and have room to have more than one rocket, cause i think it be point less have a AI carry say M16 with 6 mags and a SMAW with 3 rockets as AI will waste six mags on maybe one or two targets rather than controlling it rate of fire, if that make sence?

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK

Quick question... can anyone see how much ammo they have in the top right corner after the last ace update?

i can no longer see how many bullets or clips i have unless i press g and actually count my clips!

Quick question... can anyone see how much ammo they have in the top right corner after the last ace update?

i can no longer see how many bullets or clips i have unless i press g and actually count my clips!

Nope. Thats a feature. Press ~ (sit\salute by default) to "feel" the mag.

Will be improved in the next version to show colors in the hint, for light, avg, heavy. =D

Haven't tested it yet. But it would be quite annoying. You should at least know how many mags you have left.

Gone too but I'm wondering if there's a clip check like ACE. I noticed I loaded a clip that was almost empty and it said the clip feels light. I loved that in ACE and hadn't seen it yet in ACE2!

Clip count would be nice though, although I'm pretty good at remembering that too. Call it personal experience. ;)

Edited by Manzilla

Nope. Thats a feature. Press ~ (sit\salute by default) to "feel" the mag.

Will be improved in the next version to show colors in the hint, for light, avg, heavy. =D

Just tried this... when i press ' it just does a reload animation without actually reloading my gun or letting me know how much ammo i have... ~ < just salutes the near by trees :confused:

I read this in the ACE feature list...

"Flashlights

Tactical flashlights can be attached to some small-arms."

How do you attach flashlights to pistols or can it be done?

Again? I have no clue but I'm interested. I assume you just pick up a flashlight and test some weapons. It's probably added via the action menu when you have the right combo.

I can't even find a flashlight.

Edited by Manzilla

hey there whats the class name for the B 61 Nuklear Bomb ? I want to put the B-61bombs on a C-130j but wont work with EASA modul so i wanna put them manually in....

Again? I have no clue but I'm interested. I assume you just pick up a flashlight and test some weapons. It's probably added via the action menu when you have the right combo.

Flashlight works for M4s which already have a flashlight on the model. Didn´t test the USP, though.

there are flashlight on some rifle and as i found out there no command so you have to go to ace_keys, scroll down to Class ace_sys_flashlight tab after Key = 38 and put //L, like this

key = 38; // L

if you want to add a different key you will need to change key number use the key list add the bottom of the file, hope tht helps

Flashlight works for M4s which already have a flashlight on the model. Didn´t test the USP, though.

USP works as well. I didn't realize there was flashlights that can be added or removed. Haven't found those yet.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

there are flashlight on some rifle and as i found out there no command so you have to go to ace_keys, scroll down to Class ace_sys_flashlight tab after Key = 38 and put //L, like this

key = 38; // L

if you want to add a different key you will need to change key number use the key list add the bottom of the file, hope tht helps

Adding //L doesn't do anything. That's just a commented description.