Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

For some reason my six updater just auto skips all files?

Has the new beta been removed or something?

Are you planning for a hotfix

No, never ever... new feature :D

Xeno

can you add invisible rucksack too for soldier models that already have permanent rucksack modeled on them?

For some reason my six updater just auto skips all files?

Has the new beta been removed or something?

Same. But I use AddOn Sync 2009.

Just skips the files and game servers still say that I'm using .217.

I'm re-downloading ACE2 atm, I hope it fixes it. If not.... RAAAAAAAAAGE...... 110 kB/s download cap isn't really working out well.

I'm re-downloading ACE2 atm, I hope it fixes it. If not.... RAAAAAAAAAGE...... 110 kB/s download cap isn't really working out well.

lol fuck that, i'll just wait until someone answers me... lol

Are there any other candidates when it comes to the GL / AT range system implemented in ACE2? A weapon pointed in one direction and unmoving having different ranges seems a lil unrealistic.

Not only that, but the range system showed up while people were in vehicles on a Dom server I was playing on. They couldn't get out or anything , the server crashed 2 min later.

Can that system be optional like ruck, even in multi? Id like to go back to feel or use sights and raising the barrel / launcher for range... It seems when I select GL/AT I always have to double check/ reset the range. When normally playing OFP/ARMA/ARMA2 I just look at target and know how to adjust for range.

Is range system off already an option?

Autoskip will not check for updates on certain addons that were just updated not long ago. You can turn it off in the web interface.

Check the version.txt file in @ACE folder. What does it say?

I get the version mismatch error for CBA.

Version mismatch is a bug that ACE team needs to solve. I believe they are already working on it adding code to fix it.

I just double checked. KH ACE Server - YAS Repo - My PC (updated using 6updater) are all in line...so it is not the server FYI.

make sure you do "delete extra files" if you are using AddonSync.

I admin a dedi server and since this evenings update everyones getting mismatch popups for CBA, Ace and ACE_X. All have the same version using YAS. Whats goin on?

I prefer to have autoskip checked OFF always and wait 30 seconds more so that 6-Updater thoroughly checks & verifies each file in case of immature updates due to network etc..

I already tried the "Delete extra files" and the version.txt says 218 but the server says I have 217.

So I guess I'll have to re-download ACE2..

Ok to fix the problem you:

untick autoskip

and then click on Reset Skip Status

Then execute

**ISSUE SOLVED**

:)

A detailed bug report with RPT from server and client is needed to diagnose a version mismatch bug. It's doubtful that it is an actual bug unless all players (or all JIP players) get the mismatch.

You'll get signature timeouts if you have multiple (some old) BISIGN files for a single PBO. If the game is loading the wrong version after you've updated, then you should check that a Windows UAC feature namely VirtualStore is not caching old files.

BTW, reinstalling ACE does nothing to help an updater which replaces old files automatically.

A detailed bug report with RPT from server and client is needed to diagnose a version mismatch bug. It's doubtful that it is an actual bug unless all players (or all JIP players) get the mismatch.

You'll get signature timeouts if you have multiple (some old) BISIGN files for a single PBO. If the game is loading the wrong version after you've updated, then you should check that a Windows UAC feature namely VirtualStore is not caching old files.

BTW, reinstalling ACE does nothing to help an updater which replaces old files automatically.

Well I did what I said and it fixed it perfectly...

Version 50 now installed

Yes, but you didn't have to delete ACE, you just turned autoskip off.

Have the BINK_USARMY 08 units replaced the old ones in this patch?

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Yes, but you didn't have to delete ACE, you just turned autoskip off.

Exactly, I didn't delete it though!! hahaha.... BL for other guy lol not having any patience...

Since this update, seem to be getting "nuclear" flashes associated with conventional weapons (eg. tank shells and AA missiles). Anyone else had this?

Or is it just a migraine coming on ?? :)

Since this update, seem to be getting "nuclear" flashes associated with conventional weapons (eg. tank shells and AA missiles). Anyone else had this?

Or is it just a migraine coming on ?? :)

Yes, it's really crazy (see second half) :

wVcnB6XNXUA

Edited by Robalo_AS

Is there a way to possibly implement a "check ammo" action in the next update? The removal of the ammo counter for infantrymen was a great idea, but sometimes I do feel it might be useful to have some kind of an idea as to how many rounds are left in the current magazine?