Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hehe, no map, huh? Well, I've already taken off the map to force players into visiting the crate(s), which has the map, so no worries for me :)

Map? We are talking about the white screen that makes you blind when a fire fight breaks out. ;) Cant play atm due to that and this is what the post above you meant - ouch.

The ticket is named vaguely, I'd overlooked it too , but I think this is the one here :

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8167

I hope linking is ok... :) And I really hope it gets a quick fix having just realized the awesomeness of this mod combined with a few others.

Pfft, I thought the bug was only with the AK as it was the first thing I saw it with, and I hadn't tested other weapons. :p

* Target version set to Future

Pssst... the dev who works on that component lives on the other side of this lovely planet called earth and is currently sleeping.

So future is relative :)

Xeno

Pssst... the dev who works on that component lives on the other side of this lovely planet called earth and is currently sleeping.

So future is relative :)

Xeno

True and understandable, but since when he wakes it will be Saturday and that is not an update day:butbut:... will there possibly be a hotfix or update tomorrow or Sunday?

True and understandable, but since when he wakes it will be Saturday and that is not an update day:butbut:... will there possibly be a hotfix or update tomorrow or Sunday?

Let's see what happens...

It's only a game :)

Xeno

hehe ^^

We know youll fix that asap so no worries. :) Thanks Xeno.

Hi, thanks for the conversion first of all.

I'm a long time amature sniper wannabe. One thing I can't figure out. When I do my good old mil formula to calculate range, am I supposed to always zoom to max or to min first (target takes up more mils of course if it's zoomed into).

And connected to that, can someone explain the current situation with the sniper scopes in ACE 2 - are the mils calibrated? I only tested M107 so far with mixed results.

Let's see what happens...

It's only a game :)

Xeno

Look what you guys have done to us..... we are hooked:bounce3:

:)

Updated by Xeno about an hour ago

* Priority changed from Low to High

-----------------

And there was much rejoicing! :)

* Status changed from New to Resolved

* % Done changed from 0 to 100

I apologize fella's, all fixed now... just got to wait for the hot fix. I ran all the usual tests for the module (SYS_NVG), killing an AI never crossed my mind as being relevant. Obviously it was.

If your interested in why, it added a Killed event handler to all units instead of just to the player, so on any death, it would reset your night vision (including light aperture). Therefore it might have appeared random; but it wasn't.

;)

And morning all :P

Edited by Rommel

Map? We are talking about the white screen that makes you blind when a fire fight breaks out. ;) Cant play atm due to that and this is what the post above you meant - ouch.

Some pages ago it was stated that a bug made sure that when you start a mission, you start without the "ItemMap". Sorry for not answering stuff directly above me, but this thread moves at insane speeds sometimes :)

And btw, the ingame map can be blinding to adjusted night sight as well, so... :D I like to have available a "bottom priority" set of markers to dim the whiteness if the player would like it. Perfect for night missions.

Edit, answer to post:

Hi, thanks for the conversion first of all.

I'm a long time amature sniper wannabe. One thing I can't figure out. When I do my good old mil formula to calculate range, am I supposed to always zoom to max or to min first (target takes up more mils of course if it's zoomed into).

And connected to that, can someone explain the current situation with the sniper scopes in ACE 2 - are the mils calibrated? I only tested M107 so far with mixed results.

You can't figure that out? I'll leave it to you to find the correct answer, but I'll guide you a little: Setup enemies at known distance. Apply your mil dot formula on an M40 (which has no zoom). Change to M107 (which has zoom), and find out where (on either extreme of the zoom level) the mil dot reading gives the same result.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

If your interested in why, it added a Killed event handler to all units instead of just to the player, so on any death, it would reset your night vision (including light aperture). Therefore it might have appeared random; but it wasn't.

So if ANY player is killed it does it now? Or just you? It would be pretty sucky if your friend died and you went blind for a second or two, and because of it died yourself.

Just some clarification for myself and the rest of the world. :)

How do I make an AI pilot dump the soldiers in the cargo bay by initiating fast rope?

Lookie what I found:

Dasquade started this model a long while back (I think might have been OFP times). I had been tinkering with it and slowly, slowly making progress.

Its ~8.5k triangles. Panda's HK416's need attention first, however...

mk14mod0wip.th.jpg

I only had the whiteness occur when I commanded AI. Never happened all the rest of the time I played.

So if ANY player is killed it does it now? Or just you? It would be pretty sucky if your friend died and you went blind for a second or two, and because of it died yourself.

Just some clarification for myself and the rest of the world. :)

In the current update (prior to hopefully a hot fix).

Any deaths of units local to the machine will cause a white flash (aperture reset). This includes AI under your command if your playing in MP (and not the host); and any AI if you are the host (SP).

Does anyone know if there's a way to schedule the six updater to run by itself? Like in the middle of the night or something? Thanks! Hell, I'd like to schedule it every 3 hours if I could :-)

Does anyone know if there's a way to schedule the six updater to run by itself? Like in the middle of the night or something? Thanks! Hell, I'd like to schedule it every 3 hours if I could :-)

For ACE2? If so it's pointless. There's an update schedule sickboy normally goes by, unless stated otherwise.

No, I don't know how it's down though, sorry.

Lookie what I found:

Dasquade started this model a long while back (I think might have been OFP times). I had been tinkering with it and slowly, slowly making progress.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3701/mk14mod0wip.th.jpg

very cool, looking forward to that :bounce3:

Here is a quick fix to stop all the flashing of Nukes when killing an enemy.

Open your @ACE folder, Addons then chuck it in there and over write the file, when Six updater updates again properly, it will over write the file anyway

Chur churr,

Enjoy until Six updater fixes this issue for you people who have Dedi servers.

The fix is for people who want to host a mission, or play single player etc, if you join the server and you are not running the file, you will not get a huge flash when killing enemy :-)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mjdjznidkwd/ace_sys_nvg.pbo

:yay:

Edited by Solarghost

Lookie what I found:

mk14mod0wip.th.jpg

sweet