Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Vanilla is the one to use yes.

Aww still no Bradley AP impact sound. :depressed: Found even more problems (bugs) after 5 minutes of playing. Time to start ticketing.

I was thinking; when in a jet and you eject, you can see the seat fall.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a survival kit in the seat, like a medic pack,...

Also a jet pilot normally only has a pistol in stead of a mp5.

This way if you eject you can find the seat and use its items.

...only suggesting.

Is it possible to change ACE localization ? my game is in french but I'd like to have ACE in english is it possible ?

I noticed in the last version that the XM8 SAW is one of the "ear sensitive" weapons - I havent worked with the XM8 SAW in quite a while - and is just wondering where the logic is in this?

Isnt the XM8 SAW just an XM8 vanilla with longer barrel and a bipod? Why would it sound more than an XM8?

Or does an XM8 SAW with a 100 round drum sound more than an XM8 vanilla with the same 100 round drum?

I guess I should also wonder whether an M4 firing a 100 round drum at full auto sound more than an M249 firing at full auto but I guess its a futile question...

Is it possible to change ACE localization ? my game is in french but I'd like to have ACE in english is it possible ?
The ACE localization follows your normal ArmA II language setting. You can switch to english by finding the file called "arma2.cfg" and change

language="French";

to

language="English";

Note that this language switching is not possible on some releases of ArmA II (many/all(?) the German ones, for example). The above is possible on my "international" ArmA II though.

Edited by Killswitch

The seat pan separates from the ejection seat and stays attached to you. You don't have to go looking for the seat.

@Cross: From what Yoma tools tells me, your server doesn't have acex_sm_b17.bikey, it is still on b16.

The seat pan separates from the ejection seat and stays attached to you. You don't have to go looking for the seat.

@Cross: From what Yoma tools tells me, your server doesn't have acex_sm_b17.bikey, it is still on b16.

In that case Yoma is not, checked it myself:

ace_b218.bikey

acex_b172.bikey

acex_sm_b17.bikey

acex_pla_b10.bikey

Sorry my mistake, looking at wrong server.

invisible ruck needed for avatars that already have a ruck modeled on them, IE: BIS Automatic Rifleman, etc... Looks strange having 2 ruck models on a person.

I guess you've removed maps from standard soldier loadouts .... yay for total chaos in public servers :D

I guess you've removed maps from standard soldier loadouts .... yay for total chaos in public servers :D

Really? That's going to end well... :rolleyes: :p

Looks like it was a mistake, should be fixed next update.

Till then "unit addWeapon 'ItemMap'" is your friends...

Also in Domination the ammo box should have maps in it, last time I checked at least.

Never leave home with out your maps! :D

Looks like it was a mistake, should be fixed next update.

Till then "unit addWeapon 'ItemMap'" is your friends...

Also in Domination the ammo box should have maps in it, last time I checked at least.

Never leave home with out your maps! :D

Yep, all you really need is a map and a watch... You can still use a watch as a compass :D

Yeah, my fault (PEBKAC, google for it if you don't know what it means :)).

Allready fixed for the next update.

And +1 for "yay for total chaos in public servers" :D

Xeno

Yeah, my fault (PEBKAC, google for it if you don't know what it means :)).

Allready fixed for the next update.

And +1 for "yay for total chaos in public servers" :D

Xeno

lol...come to our server if you wanna have a taste :) . We are trying to find our way in pitch black night with no map. Just found a road and I'm following it..hope it takes me to some enemies :D

Just saw your rev ticket in dev-h. Are you planning for a hotfix as it will require many missions to be edited and its the weekend :(

Is the Kelly's Heroes ACE2 update server broken? It "updated" my ACE2 to .218 but the server I joined in says it's .217 and I need .218?

Come on now, everyone should know at least South Zagoria like the back of their hand by now...

Speaking off... I never noticed this freckle on my hand....:j:

Most pubbies have GPS for every soldier, so map still works.

Guess what? It's Land Nav Weekend. You should know Chernarus by heart anyways.

Time to start using the uber-realistic star system that BIS talked about, put it to the test. :D

Please make a hotfix. i was shocked to see all sp missions witout maps. "Where am I supposed to go?"

Not really worth a hotfix mate, just a small issue. Will do people good to navigate without maps for a few days. :D

Not really worth a hotfix mate, just a small issue. Will do people good to navigate without maps for a few days. :D

Map and Compass are essential :rolleyes: Its the GPS we could do without haha

Maps are still found in the ammoboxes as NouberNou said, let the ACE team have the weekend off for once, they're already giving us plenty of updates, 3 days won't hurt.