Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

hi there,

i just downloaded ACE2 a few days ago. i have to say i am not really happy with it. my problems with it are these...

1. crashes, when i start ARMA2 with ACE 2 i got "arma.exe encountered a problem..." error a LOT more often then when playing without ACE2.

also when one finally joins a server without ACE2, rare find this days, ACE2 players joining this servers are creating problems and error messages.

2. whats this large cone of fire for all the small arms weapons? i try to shoot someone from 150 meters and bullets are flying by to the left and right of the guy but not where i point the red dot/iron sight.

in ACE 2 small arms shoots like 1700th century muskets or so.

3. over modeling of some other systems. i dont have first hand expirience here but what i read about the over armored M1A1 was enough. i dont know if that is fixed by now.

4. the wounding system is good and nice, but there is too many medical equipment. thats maybe one thing i would get used too but right now i am overwhelemed by the many medic items like morphine, ephedrine, bandage and large bandage and blah blah.

my biggest problem with all these is that there is no where a description to find about what does what. also the radio(PRC77 or so), what is this good for? its mighty heavy but i found no real use for it.

so in the end i regard vanillia ARMA 2 higher then the same with ACE 2 loaded. ACE 2 got good ideas and intentions but i find the execution of it at some times more then questionable.

For point 1, there's the bugtracker. Please report any bugs you do come across there so that they can be fixed.

For 2, it's called wind.

For point 3, not really very descriptive with what you're trying to say tbh. I've not encountered any over-armoured tanks or anything... If you do come across issues, please refer to my response to point 1.

As for your 4th point, not all of these items are used yet. Just stick to the Bandage, Morphine and Epinephrine. Radios are currently not used apart from in certain custom missions, they may get a feature in the future, who knows.

It's like it is because... It's a BETA version.

This is not the final version, and the ACE team will continue adding and fixing for a good while yet I imagine.

Wonder if it would be possible to have all voices OFF like in ACE standard but keep the SOM's HQ radio calls voiced since there is some dialog? (calling for arty etc)

Try placing the AE Wounding System module down in the editor, then you'll get wounding and that sort of thing. :)

thanks Simon,

but does it work only in the editor?

and also dragging body?

now I'll try.

thanks again.

thanks Simon,

but does it work only in the editor?

and also dragging body?

now I'll try.

thanks again.

If someone adds it to a mission, then it's in that mission. Currently you can't use it in the Campaign or default missions, but that may be an option in the future.

And yes, dragging works. :)

@Jok

1. I haven't had ACE crash my game once. Can the crash be reproduced reliably without other mods loaded? What errors have you seen?

2. Be specific. What weapon and stance? Does the weapon have a bipod? Did you take wind into consideration? Were you breathing heavily? I've tested from snipers to machine guns, and they all have very high effective engagement ranges when used properly.

3. Maybe you should try out tanks for yourself. This is what the public beta is for, so you can test out features and make bug/feature requests before everything is set in stone so to speak.

4. Medic system is explained in the WIKI: http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Wounding_System All this information is available to you if you take the time to read.

Sixupdater is not updating ace anymore ....

it opens the second window and close it right the way.

yes, I updated the updater today. After that he dont want to open the second window anymore.

I'm having problems with six updater as well. It seems to happen after it updates itself, before it starts to update ACE2:

Attempting to uninstall six-arma-tools-0.0.1
Successfully uninstalled six-arma-tools-0.0.1
Attempting to uninstall rack-1.0.1

You have requested to uninstall the gem:
       rack-1.0.1
actionpack-2.3.5 depends on [rack (~> 1.0.0)]
If you remove this gems, one or more dependencies will not be met.
Continue with Uninstall? [Yn]  n
Unable to uninstall rack-1.0.1:
       Gem::DependencyRemovalException: Uninstallation aborted due to dependent
gem(s)
Attempting to uninstall log4r-1.1.2

You have requested to uninstall the gem:
       log4r-1.1.2
six-rsync-0.3.4 depends on [log4r (= 1.1.2)]
six-updater-0.10.11 depends on [log4r (>= 1.1.0)]
six-updater-0.14.9 depends on [log4r (= 1.1.2)]
If you remove this gems, one or more dependencies will not be met.
Continue with Uninstall? [Yn]

If I allow the program to uninstall these two things, then the updater starts but it won't go to the web client (number 1) and number 2 doesn't work either. It just returns to the main selection screen. If I choose "no" on the uninstalling of these two things, then ACE2 starts to update, but then it fails half way through (hangs indefinitely).

UPDATE: I got the updater to continue after it hangs by stopping and restarting it a few times. So far it's continuing....

Edited by Feint

I'm having problems with six updater as well. It seems to happen after it updates itself, before it starts to update ACE2:

If I allow the program to uninstall these two things, then the updater doesn't start and the web client doesn't start. If I choose "no" on the uninstalling of these two things, then ACE2 starts to update, but then it fails half way through.

fix here http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1546085&postcount=1961

I grow weary of those that ask for help first instead of making an effort to find the answer themselves.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

hi there,

i just downloaded ACE2 a few days ago. i have to say i am not really happy with it. my problems with it are these...

1. crashes, when i start ARMA2 with ACE 2 i got "arma.exe encountered a problem..." error a LOT more often then when playing without ACE2.

also when one finally joins a server without ACE2, rare find this days, ACE2 players joining this servers are creating problems and error messages.

2. whats this large cone of fire for all the small arms weapons? i try to shoot someone from 150 meters and bullets are flying by to the left and right of the guy but not where i point the red dot/iron sight.

in ACE 2 small arms shoots like 1700th century muskets or so.

3. over modeling of some other systems. i dont have first hand expirience here but what i read about the over armored M1A1 was enough. i dont know if that is fixed by now.

4. the wounding system is good and nice, but there is too many medical equipment. thats maybe one thing i would get used too but right now i am overwhelemed by the many medic items like morphine, ephedrine, bandage and large bandage and blah blah.

my biggest problem with all these is that there is no where a description to find about what does what. also the radio(PRC77 or so), what is this good for? its mighty heavy but i found no real use for it.

so in the end i regard vanillia ARMA 2 higher then the same with ACE 2 loaded. ACE 2 got good ideas and intentions but i find the execution of it at some times more then questionable.

That's a personal opinion and I completely understand that but that's just absurd. I'd recommend playing it more and getting familiar with the system. The game is so different and improve it's silly. Plus if you learn how to make mission, even simple ones(It's one of the true strengths of A2 anyways, the Editors.) you don't have to use any of the stuff you listed so it's possible to get the best of both. There's so much more to A2 and ACE2 then just firing it up and playing a campaign or someone's mission.

That error message has solutions posted, as do all that have popped up thus far. Bugs excluded. ;)

I dunno if its a ACE problem or not but the vector nite doesn't give you range or elevation anymore since this update.Thats with or without a battery.

I dunno if its a ACE problem or not but the vector nite doesn't give you range or elevation anymore since this update.Thats with or without a battery.

Have you tried using the new keybinds? It's not left-click anymore, it's set to R. You have to update your userconfig first though.

Have you tried using the new keybinds? It's not left-click anymore, it's set to R. You have to update your userconfig first though.

Yup. It works as it should for me and in the mission I just released. Do what Simon C says.

In ACE there is a feature to have a weapon on your back, thus making it possible to carry 2 primary weapons. How do I make a unit start off with 2 primary weapons IE: one on back, one in hands... Upon mission start.

-Ziggy-;1546087']fix here http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1546085&postcount=1961

I grow weary of those that ask for help first instead of making an effort to find the answer themselves.

Thanks for your help. Too bad you had to offer it with an insult. I tried for over an hour to get this to work and came here asking for help as a last ditch effort. I figured that since it's an updater, it would update itself (since that is what it does every time it starts up).

Next time, if you want to help, just help. Keep your personal opinions to yourself.

Next time, if you want to help, just help. Keep your personal opinions to yourself.

how is me getting weary an insult to anyone?

questions asked repeatedly are silly... :D

this is a forum, personal opinions are everywhere, if you dont like it, tough cookies!

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

I just wanted to thank you dev.s for the rapid (weekend, no less), fix and to really say it outloud to someone involved... Thank you so much for making this glorious game something that will last literally years longer.

You all deserve a job from Bohemia, if you ask me. Folks like you are growing the game, perhaps more then they could ever ask from their own marketing firms.

:)

In ACE there is a feature to have a weapon on your back, thus making it possible to carry 2 primary weapons. How do I make a unit start off with 2 primary weapons IE: one on back, one in hands... Upon mission start.

Yes there is. Just go to the crate and open the gear menu. Select your primary and hit the On Back button. Pick your next weapon from the crate. Not sure how to add it at the start though. I've asked before, and others, and no body can figure it out. Someone may know though. I'd like to know.

think som1 can help me install this. i read the intructions but i dont understand what it means by chosing a path n wut not. i have six updater downloaded but duno where to begin honestly lol