Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hmm, good point. I checked it ages ago, and haven't tried since. Still, a trip to the beach is always good! :)

i havnt played arma2 since about october when my clan split up, I just patched up the latest version and want to add ACE. What exactly do I need to download in order to do this?? I know this is a huge noob question, but the answer would help out huge.

Dude you need to do what most people do when they found something really cool that they really want to have.... they read and learn more about it. Lets see probably you should start at the first page and work yourself back here.

Hi, Six-Updater cannot find my ArmA 2 installation folder. Any suggestions?

I have the Steam version, if that helps.

Hi, Six-Updater cannot find my ArmA 2 installation folder. Any suggestions?

I have the Steam version, if that helps.

read my previous post:)

ok when installing the new six-updater is it a good idea to uninstall the previous version or can you just install the newer version over it?

Apparently you can just install over the top, but if you want to play it safe, then uninstall first and delete everything.

So i downloaded the six updater...and ran the web client, clicked ACE (Vanilla) Install, and then opened up the console version of it, and it has been downloading and installing loads of things, is there anything else i need to do? or should this pretty much install it?

its done now, so how would i know if ACE has installed correctly?

I did notice that ACE2 mod has problems with detection of enemy infantry units.

I play on normal and ACE2 warfare servers and see often problems when i use ACE2.

- I was attacking a town without AI units and was sneaking around when i noticed that someone took me under rifle fire. There was no chat or radio message. (no worry config is alright and its not about the sound)

After i got visual contact i killed the AI infantry unit and after walking only 100m i saw maybe 50m from me 2 AI infantry units...no messages at all or radio contacts again.

I did send one light tank in town and watched what will happen...the vehicle did move ahead and didnt notice any of the Ai soldiers in town..only seconds later he got destroyed from one ATG or AA soldier.

Sometimes there are similar situation with the vanilla version but i have not that much problems like in ACE2.

Maybe you guys should check your current version about detection/contacts of enemy units especially Infantry...something is wired which dont happen that much when i play on servers without ace2 and i dont think this happened only by chance.

Edited by oxmox

Sorry. :(

dude no problem and I didnt want to BS you... had to talk to you like a man and be real straight. You can find any problems you may have with this just by reading or combing through this thread and if you have something that is new then definitely post it. ACE2 Team has done a really awesome job at handling peoples questions so there is bunch explained in this thread. I suggest you get some coffee and read up.. it is actually quite interesting. Welcome to ACE2 have fun!

So i downloaded the six updater...and ran the web client, clicked ACE (Vanilla) Install, and then opened up the console version of it, and it has been downloading and installing loads of things, is there anything else i need to do? or should this pretty much install it?

go to http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2#Videos-Web-Client and register. Look around there and you should be alright.

I am trying to come up with good key binds for the controls. To minimize the numbers of buttons to remember I try to reuse as many keys as possible. I was wondering if this might cause any problems.

For instance, can you use the same control (shift +v) for rifle sight, grenade launcher sight and selecting grenade throw modes? Since you use these three controls with different weapons selected, that should be doable, right?

Also, I see that "clear jam", is mapped to shift + R. Is there any reason not to change this to only R? Would that cause a problem with the normal reloading process?

EDIT:

Is this table really correct?: http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Keybindings_for_ACE2

Here, unjam is listed as only R, in the config file it seems to be shift + R. Also, in the config file, GL sight adjustment is shift +0 (numpad), not shift + V as listed in the Wiki.

Edited by Johan S

Go into your ARMA2 root folder and see if all ACE folders are there.

@CBA

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_SM

and possibly @ACEX_PLA if you installed it as well. Then run the shortcut wich contains those addons wich you also find in your ARMA2 root directory.

I have trouble using the key bindings. Only the "L" for Flashlight is working, all other key bindgins "Shift-V" for example to adjust the rifle sights are not working. Where could be the problem? I have not edited the "ace_key.hpp" file in my userconfig folder.

@Curry

On what weapons are you trying to use the sight adjust? They are working only with some sniper rifles (not DMRs) and heavy MGs.

I have trouble using the key bindings. Only the "L" for Flashlight is working, all other key bindgins "Shift-V" for example to adjust the rifle sights are not working. Where could be the problem? I have not edited the "ace_key.hpp" file in my userconfig folder.

Have updated ACE2 at all? If so make sure you transferred the updated .hpp's from the @ACE/userconfig folder to userconfig/ACE(in the main A2 directory.) Not sure if that's the cause but it happened to me before. You need to manually move/update the .hpp's.

I hope that helps, good luck.

request for a sniper rifle bag in ACE2 like this, maybe covered with ghillie and as object "Weaponholder".

sb-psg1-L.gif

I think that should be in this mod, too. ;o)

Edited by Boris_Balzer

Why? :confused:

You wouldn't have a gun in a bag in the middle of a battle, you'd have it in your hands...

You wouldn't necessarily carry a pack either. Some do/will/must for sure though. I wouldn't mind to see it though. Basically it would be just another type of ruck. It's not unusual to see marksman(often heavy) carrying a rifle in a pack at a base or even getting on a heli for insertion.

Your right though, they probably wouldn't be running in a battle with one but it could be useful, if only for effect, in ACE2. In my opinion of course. :)

Personally i would prefer the desert camo sniper rifles to get woodland camo instead of a case. :)

Personally i would prefer the desert camo sniper rifles to get woodland camo instead of a case. :)

Woodland camo FTW :) I love woodland scenarios.

idea : you can add a weapon to this bag with the mousewheel menu when the bag is on the ground and after you can carry it but i think this idea suck because it ruin the gameplay (rambo man)