Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I am currious, where the heck is the search function located???

Thanks,

Mike.

I think he was referring to the cntrl+f search function inside you .hpp userconfig file. ....which assumes you know that the lack of voices is a configuration settings and that the variable is called novoice rather silentspeach or noradiochatter or something else random but suitable.

Edit: And another question, what is the difference between the two AT4 versions?

I don't have time to start up the game right now to make sure, but I seem to remember that the two versions are the normal AT4 and the AT4 CS. The CS stands for "confined space", this weapon has less backblast so you can fire it from inside a building. So I assume this version has less of the ACE backblast effect.

I can't seem to get the fast roping or the pseudo IR (using the T key) to work. For the fast roping, who needs to have the ropes? The pilot? The crew chief?

Sometimes when laying prone with weapon deployed and taking a shot I start bleeding. Why is this and how to avoid it?

Edited by Njayjay

The fastroping worked great and easy by adding a module and go. Dont know why script lines would be needed? Modules should be simple click out and go. IMO anyway. It can work at the shortest up to the longest length directly in the module. This creates tons of questions and people thinks its too complicated as we can see. :)

Njayjay: Sometimes when laying prone with weapon deployed and taking a shot I start bleeding. Why is this and how to avoid it?

Sounds like a bug dont you think?

Where can I find a list of the editor names of all the ACE2 weapons? Thanks

Also,

I'm running multiple mods, ACE, ZeusAI and GL4 so I'm not sure which of those the following issue pertains to so I'll post in all 3 threads:

My AI teammates are not engaging the enemy when they are past a certain distance, even though they are clearly within visual range. Is this some setting that needs to be configured? It's like their detection range became much shorter. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by Njayjay

Hi there

ran into a problem since updating ACE2 to version 0.2.219.

I can no longer get enemy AI units to sit down, the script i was using no longer works.

sitdown.sqf script by Big Dawg

_this = _this select 0;
_this setBehaviour "SAFE";
_this disableAI "ANIM";
_this action ["SITDOWN",_this];
sleep 5;
waitUntil{
    if(animationState _this != "amovpsitmstpsraswrfldnon")then{
         sleep 8+random(3);
         waitUntil{animationState _this == "amovpsitmstpsraswrfldnon"}
    };
    behaviour _this != "SAFE";
}; 
_this enableAI "ANIM";

Executed by null=[this] execVM "sitdown.sqf" in the units init filed. Worked fine everytime until i installed .219.

Any ideas what the problem may be as the script is an integral part of a co op campaing ive been working on the past months .

many thanks lads best wishes shark-attack

Hi there

ran into a problem since updating ACE2 to version 0.2.219.

I can no longer get enemy AI units to sit down, the script i was using no longer works.

sitdown.sqf script by Big Dawg

_this = _this select 0;
_this setBehaviour "SAFE";
_this disableAI "ANIM";
sleep 5;
waitUntil{
    if(animationState _this != "amovpsitmstpsraswrfldnon")then{
         sleep 8+random(3);
         waitUntil{animationState _this == "amovpsitmstpsraswrfldnon"}
    };
    behaviour _this != "SAFE";
}; 
_this enableAI "ANIM";

Executed by null=[this] execVM "sitdown.sqf" in the units init filed. Worked fine everytime until i installed .219.

Any ideas what the problem may be as the script is an integral part of a co op campaing ive been working on the past months .

many thanks lads best wishes shark-attack

It could be related to the fact that sitdown was changed in ace to display the current weight of the weapons magazine?

camUseNVG true; don't work (camera scripts)

the night vision appear only 1/2 sec before disappear

I have this problem in norrin revive script for example

I m alone with this probleme ?

I have create a ticket for this problème

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8256

Edited by gonza

Hi mate

is this a new feature with v0.2.219 as it worked fine with previous versions ?

I believe so, yes.

I'm not saying your problem is caused by this, but ACE2 have changed the sitdown anim/function for players to check the magazine weight atleast.

hi all.

what is the key(in game) to check the current weight of weapons magazine? and sorry for terrible english and noob questions!

ps:ACE2 is great.thanks and congrats to developers.

anyone tell me how to fix my problem or of a reliable alternative to force units to sit yet respond to enemy activity ? again many thanks and best wishes

ACE Build 220

You do need one of the four rope magazines to drop a rope from a chopper (ACE_Rope_M_50, ACE_Rope_M_60, ACE_Rope_M_90, ACE_Rope_M_120). Each rope has different length. [Xeno]

So how it is should work? Where should be the magazines? In cargo or not? How to unhook roopes?

hi all.

what is the key(in game) to check the current weight of weapons magazine? and sorry for terrible english and noob questions!

ps:ACE2 is great.thanks and congrats to developers.

the key is '

I finally got to play this last night! I installed six updater, didnt have a clue what I was doing but chose whatever options it was that downloaded all the ACE files into the relevant folders (it also created them for me which was most helpful) did the usual modfolder links in the ARMA 2 target line, then lo & behold started the game up & got no error codes or anything & all the ACE stuff seemed to be in place :D so great work whoever has made the installation a whole lot easier, it was almost automatic although it did take several hours to download all the ACE files! (I tried 2 weeks back & couldnt get it running)

I didnt get chance to play with much of it as by the time it was all set up it was late, but it all seems like good work! Slight performance hit on my 2.5 year old machine but I kind of expected that. Now I just need to find the guide to all the new toys! :cool:

thank you KJAM!

For any other control questions, be sure to consult the Features of ACE2 page, it tells you what keys you need to use for what parts of the mod.

badger;1548722']So how it is should work? Where should be the magazines? In cargo or not? How to unhook roopes?

Any luck? I took ropes out of the box and went in as a pilot/leader over my AI team but i couldnt do anything. I really liked the easier module version, but i guess this is better for something.

fixed my problem with a simple switchmove command

unit switchMove "amovpsitmstpsraswrfldnon" ....

AI units manage to respond to enemy activity

sorry for the bone post :eek:

Any luck? I took ropes out of the box and went in as a pilot/leader over my AI team but i couldnt do anything. I really liked the easier module version, but i guess this is better for something.

There never was a module version of fast roping in ACE, every chopper that has fastroping capabilites had unlimited ropes (which was not what we wanted).

The only difference now is that you need one of the rope magazines in your mag inventory to get the action to deploy a rope, that's all. Everything else is like before, specific height and speed < 2.

It isn't limited to the pilot anymore, anybody (= any player) with a rope on board gets the action and can deploy a rope.

If the rope gets dropped after fastroping the rope lies as a magazine on the ground (visible rope, not just a simple weaponcargo holder) and can be picked up again. But be warned, the rope mags are heavy.

Only the pilot can abort fastroping.

Btw, placing the module disables fastroping.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno