Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

If you have a AI pilot as a gunner, he wont be targeting armored vehicles? Atleast not with Hellfire. Is this a bug or a feature? Is there another way to make him switch to Hellfire instead of the cannon without using "Manual fire"?

Sorry if this have been answered, but couldn't find it. (Tried searching but all those questions about fastroping pretty much invaded me)

Regards,

-PG-

This is not really ACE related, but I'll tell you how I do: Switch the gunners weapon to hellfire with Ctrl + F (I think, might also be Alt + F). Then choose the target he should fire at with tab (next target). You then also have to order the gunner to fire (Alt + Fire (Left mouse button), or maybe Ctrl + Fire).

Because you practically have to do everyhing yourself anyway, I prefer to use manual fire. (And I would be interrested to know if there's an easier way that I don't know about.)

Edited by Johan S

Vote if you like my suggestion: :)

"Since stamina is modelled in ACE2 and increased weight increases the rate of fatigue, how about also increased weight affecting speed of advance? It is common knowledge that machinegunners have problems keeping up with their fire teams due to the weight they are carrying and that could be modelled into ACE2 for increased tactical considerations when carrying weight."

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8329

(ignore if you think its crap. :) )

It already puts heavy loaders behind as it is. This would slow them even more down.

Gameplay vs realism. I love realism but somethings just take away the fun in things. Personally i think its great as it is. The rest of the team already have to wait for machine gunners etc.

Vote if you like my suggestion: :)

"Since stamina is modelled in ACE2 and increased weight increases the rate of fatigue, how about also increased weight affecting speed of advance? It is common knowledge that machinegunners have problems keeping up with their fire teams due to the weight they are carrying and that could be modelled into ACE2 for increased tactical considerations when carrying weight."

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8329

(ignore if you think its crap. :) )

Personally, I think speed of advance would be a better implementation of fatigue in any case. Don't knock people out, make them slow. I think that would be better for gameplay while still applying rigid penalties for weight.

^^ Like standard ARMA2 then. :D

But made a bit better. Yeah that would work for me definatelly. Either way im fine, but applying both. No thanks.

I agree with the JTD man. Speed may be a better implementation of fatigue than knock-out. Standard ArmA2's slow down is due to distance travelled only, not weight. I think weight should be a serious tactial consideration for people like me who always lug a TAC-50 along with an M249 on my back. :) (ok, I don't have the self discipline to keep things realistic...hehehe)

Personally, I think speed of advance would be a better implementation of fatigue in any case. Don't knock people out, make them slow. I think that would be better for gameplay while still applying rigid penalties for weight.

IIRC they didn't do this because it isn't possible to change, or is impractical to do so.

IIRC they didn't do this because it isn't possible to change, or is impractical to do so.

Hmm. Must be possible to force a walk though?

Is it possible to give players ability to drag/carry ppl who was shot in the leg and cant walk ? It would be very good to have it in the game.

Is it possible to give players ability to drag/carry ppl who was shot in the leg and cant walk ? It would be very good to have it in the game.

Yes, the ACE2 wound system allows this. You can also drag wounded players and then place them in a vehicle for transport. Just walk up to said injured unit and it comes up in the action menu. The wound system module must be on the map as well.

woa....thanks man dont know that

Just simple putting on the map? No sinc needed?

Question on first aid system.

Modules we need are Ace wound as well as the BIS modules correct in order to do battlefield clearance? Also the old Ace system had the ability to put wounded trooops on transport to get them out of the battlefield. Does this work in ACE2. I tried a couple of times to no avail. I couldnt drag a wounded soldier to a helo and load him in.

woa....thanks man dont know that

Just simple putting on the map? No sinc needed?

I put it on the map and sunc'd it to the player but honestly I'm not sure. Check the BIKI, I believe it says there.

Question on first aid system.

Modules we need are Ace wound as well as the BIS modules correct in order to do battlefield clearance? Also the old Ace system had the ability to put wounded trooops on transport to get them out of the battlefield. Does this work in ACE2. I tried a couple of times to no avail. I couldnt drag a wounded soldier to a helo and load him in.

I don't think the BIS stuff and ACE2 WS are compatible. The ACE2 version has dragging though if the soldiers can't move. You can also put guys in vehicles s I mentioned a few posts up. I found it very difficult to find the right loading spot. You gotta drag the injured unit up to the chopper, etc and find the right spot. It was a bitch but I did get it working eventually.

Good luck.

EDIT:

here's the BIKI info for you. It used to specifically say that the ACE2 WS and the entire BIS FA system were not to be used together but it looks like it's been removed. Does anyone know if this means they work together now? If not, it seems silly to remove that part.

Wounding System

The wounding system encompasses stun effects, pain, unconsciousness, bleeding, cardiac arrest (heart failure), body dragging, as well as the new medical system, which includes medical appliances to treat the various health effects.

What's working:

* Examine

* Epinephrine

* Morphine

* Bandages

* Bleeding

* Blackouts (AI and players may wake up, depending on damage state, including FX effects for blackouts and bleeding)

* Drag unconscious units

* Carry unconscious units

* Pull unconscious units out of vehicles

* No magic healing for medics

* Sounds associated with wounding effects

* Medic boxes with bandages, mash and medic vehicles have their set of medic stuff (currently the same as in ACE 1)

If not too badly wounded and possessing the appropriate supplies, you can self-treat via the action menu. Others can use the ACE interaction system to examine and treat you as well.

More Development and Internal Testing Continues.

Mission Editors

Enable the wound system by placing the module "(Æ) Enable Wounding System", classname "ACE_Wounds_Logic", in your mission.

The following variables are available.

ace_wounds_prevtime

Integer value for number of seconds before a badly wounded ( i.e. unconcious ) player dies

Example

ace_wounds_prevtime = 600;

ace_wounds_rcode1

String that will be compiled and called after a player dies. Useful for disposing of bodies, respawn, etc.

Example

ace_wounds_rcode1 = "handle = [] execVM 'somescript.sqf'";

This also doesn't mention the ability to place units in a vehicle for transport but I know it's possible. I've done it before.

Edited by Manzilla

I never synched the ACE injury system and i can do everything it seems. I might be wrong but it works.

RPT

I wondered about another thing wich i know absolutelly nothing about. When looking in the RPT ace seem to initialize everything 3 times. Is that normal?

Just an example:

[x\ace\addons\sys_blood\init_bloodMonitor.sqf:11] BloodMonitor activated!

I started the game quick and ended it and all those ACE thingys repeated 3 times. Just curious. I dont need any professor explanation. Just if its normal. :) Thank you.

Can someone help me enable my crosshair?

I went into the config but idk what to change. The FAQ says you have to comment it. WTF does that mean?

Help please/

Can someone help me enable my crosshair?

I went into the config but idk what to change. The FAQ says you have to comment it. WTF does that mean?

Help please/

add this // in front of the nocrosshair line.

Like this(It's in bold):

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CROSSHAIRS

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables/Reduces crosshairs

---------

Possible selections as documented in ACE2 Wiki

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

//#define ACE_NOCROSS

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

It's been discussed a lot here but there it is.

Take care.

EDIT:

Make sure you're editing the ace_clientside_config.hpp in the userconfig/ACE folder and not the @ACE/userconfig folder. The latter is where the updates download.

Edited by Manzilla

DK;1549825']so what dose this enable map do? i tried it' date=' i added the map but its just the same old map?[/quote']

Enable map causes all maps removed from units so you have to add them to the units you want. I believe that's what Xeno or someone mentioned. The name seems a little backwards to me. ;)

EDIT:

I could be completely wrong about this though. I can't seem to find the post now but I thought I read it.

Edited by Manzilla

//#define ACE_NOCROSS

Ive tried this and the crosshairs are still gone.

Ive checked in the diff. too and there enabled. Help?

//#define ACE_NOCROSS

Make sure you're changing ArmA II\Userconfig\ACE and not ArmA II\@ACE\Userconfig.

//#define ACE_NOCROSS

So which ace_clientside_config.hpp did you add them? To both? One thing you need to make sure is that the .hpp's in the @ACE/userconfig folder are transferred to the userconfig/ACE folder to update those .hpps.(Not every update changes them though so it may not be necessary to overwrite them every update.) The .hpps update in the @ACE/userconfig folder so they don't overwrite all your changes you've made. Then you can compare them so you can remember what was what.

If that doesn't do it, it's something on your end and you need to provide info about your entire A2 setup, mods and all. No buddy else has this problem after editing the ace_clientside_config.hpp unless there's something no-ACE2 related or a setup problem on the users end.

That's about all the advice I can give. I hope it does the trick.