Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Negative, not going to release anymore. After reading that they will be re-enabled soon, doesn't seem to be much point.

Doesn't seem to be much point in disabling it in the first place :)

But really, why not disable tractors too, seeing as there isn't enough agricultural stuff either ;)

But seriously. Why bother. Guess I will miss out on updates until it's back. Littlebirds are used by me in the editor a LOT, for simple observation and environment testing. I have no idea why I would be disallowed from editor-placing it as part of the ACE2 development cycle.

Like the headline says... it would be nice if the rangefinders (and other/future battery driven equipment) automatically would equip the correct battery for said device.

...like weaponry auto-equips the correct ammo.

You can always choose to bring extra if you want, and you would never want to bring one without bats anyway (and if so just unequip the bat).

PS. Thanks again for THE best gaming experience of all times ACE2 team.

Edited by JaXxe

Doesn't seem to be much point in disabling it in the first place :)

But really, why not disable tractors too, seeing as there isn't enough agricultural stuff either ;)

But seriously. Why bother. Guess I will miss out on updates until it's back. Littlebirds are used by me in the editor a LOT, for simple observation and environment testing. I have no idea why I would be disallowed from editor-placing it as part of the ACE2 development cycle.

Exactly. I'll PM you the config if you want, so that you don't have to miss out on updates. But yeah, I guess it's just a few days. :)

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but when I try to edit my profile and get radio chatter to work, I get a message that says bin/config.bin/cfgVoiceTypes/NoVoice.name. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. I edit the config file in Arma2/userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config, I type // right before #define in the No voice area. I have no clue what's going on here. Also, everytime I boot up the game, I get a message that says addon'ace_c_vehicle' requires addon 'CA,AH64D. I have no idea what this means or even if it affects anything, since the game runs fine otherwise. Just thought it might help though. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I had the AH64 addon required message before I updated the game to version 1.5. Could that be your problem? Do you use 1.5?

@Jaxxe: Batteries do auto-equip unless the mission maker has replaced them with the dummies (dummies can't be made a proper ammo type). Could you please clarify what you mean?

Exactly. I'll PM you the config if you want, so that you don't have to miss out on updates. But yeah, I guess it's just a few days. :)

Thanks very much :)

I guess I am just having some recreational moaning :) ACE2 still represents more opportunity than restriction. Obviously though I still have some opinions on some areas :)

Actually, I'm downloading patch 1.5 now. It took awhile for me to figure it out since I use steam and for whatever reason it hasn't updated yet. Also, my voice problem is gone, don't know why, but now I can hear clipped radio chatter again. Huzzah! But I still have the same problem with the message when I try to edit my profile, and I still can't use masks.

1.5 is not released on Steam yet, don't know what the delay is about. But the manual download works with the Steam version of the game.

Actually, I'm downloading patch 1.5 now. It took awhile for me to figure it out since I use steam and for whatever reason it hasn't updated yet. Also, my voice problem is gone, don't know why, but now I can hear clipped radio chatter again. Huzzah! But I still have the same problem with the message when I try to edit my profile, and I still can't use masks.

Try changing the speaker name. What name do you have in there? Try one of the default speaker names like "Male01"

anyone knows ?

If you're in a chopper as pilot, decrease speed and altitude (10 meters or so) you get a action to "Deploy Fastrope". Dunno about humans, but AI units automaticly fast rope out.

anyone knows ?

* You do need one of the four rope magazines to drop a rope from a chopper (ACE_Rope_M_50, ACE_Rope_M_60, ACE_Rope_M_90, ACE_Rope_M_120). Each rope has different length. [Xeno]

Same rules for chopper speed apply, however activation is now done by the rope handler, although the pilot can abort the sequence. Altitude would obviously be influenced by rope length.

You'll have to try. AI might be able to be given action command via the 6 command menu.

Disabled (scope 1) Littlebirds, until more SOAR equipment is available for ACE2 [rocko]

Oh great, my plan backfired. I made the comment on dev heaven about the Little Birds being used only by the 160th SOAR in an effort to get the MH-60 in game, not get the Little Birds taken out! :banghead:

We want the Littlebirds back... now... :beeeers:

Hey guys, quick question: I read on the A.C.E. main page that there's now an ability to check the number of rounds remaining in a magazine. I was wondering: which shortcut key does this? Thanks and sorry for the noobsh nature of this question.

everytime i turn around something else is missing:

The AI audio (voice) acknowledgements and responses to my orders are gone.

How do you guys keep up with this stuff ...?

:butbut:

M242 AP impact sound just dont want to get into the updates lol. Thanks for the update though. Appreciated.

Have to also go check my LB missions and see if they are gone then.

everytime i turn around something else is missing:

The AI audio (voice) acknowledgements and responses to my orders are gone.

How do you guys keep up with this stuff ...?

:butbut:

read the FAQ.

Can anyone describe how the ACE wounding system works. Does the module need to be synced to each and every AI group (SP)? and can it coexist with BI's First Aid, First Aid Simulation and Battlefield clearance modules without creating AI immune to small arms fire, and if so, do I sync the BI modules like in the vanilla?

Also, please describe how to deploy sandbags, I think I remember in the ACE1 that the engineer or automatic gunner had an action item to create the barricade, nothing shows up in the action menu on any class for deploying sandbags...must be something stupid I'm missing.

Running the following: "arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@acex_SM;@acex_pla;@zcommon_ace

MG's like M240 are extremelly loud again to the point my sound breaks into pieces. Vapour from a jet that crashed stayed and animated on the ground throughout the mission. Might become FPS needy me thinks.

Weapon sounds should be lowered a bit (not as much as before) but explosions should be kept as is. So far they seems to be very good tweaked, but all the sounds cant be upped to the same levels. MG's sounds like their are closer than they are again. At least to me.

Ta ta. Back to testing. :)

Can anyone describe how the ACE wounding system works. Does the module need to be synced to each and every AI group (SP)? and can it coexist with BI's First Aid, First Aid Simulation and Battlefield clearance modules without creating AI immune to small arms fire, and if so, do I sync the BI modules like in the vanilla?

Also, please describe how to deploy sandbags, I think I remember in the ACE1 that the engineer or automatic gunner had an action item to create the barricade, nothing shows up in the action menu on any class for deploying sandbags...must be something stupid I'm missing.

Running the following: "arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@acex_SM;@acex_pla;@zcommon_ace

just place the module on the map and it will work, dont have to sync it to anything and dont use it with BIS modules