Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I hardly ever use the armory. In fact, I don't think I've used it since I installed ArmA II for the first time. I think my situation is similar for many people. It's a really low priority, therefore, because there are other issues that the dev team need to spend their time on, I guess.

I use the Armory all the time, to try out new things and also for training by completing the challenges. Much quicker and easier than having to create a complex training mission in the editor, and better practice too since you don't know exactly what enemies you are meeting. So I hope they'll fix this soon.

I use the Armory all the time, to try out new things and also for training by completing the challenges. Much quicker and easier than having to create a complex training mission in the editor, and better practice too since you don't know exactly what enemies you are meeting. So I hope they'll fix this soon.

Not entirely correct. I have a template mission i made months ago. Using that when i want to test out new gear. And i can test lots of new stuff at the same time wich you cant in the armory.

I never use that armory. Its annoying. :)

I just noticed the "elavadar aereo de carga" module . . . what does this do? translated it means air freight elevator in english, yet i cant find anything about it in the ace wiki or ace features page . . .

Ranger this is the Airliting script by Raven. It allows for ropes to be deploye from helos and also cargo lifting by helos.

Just chuck the module on the map and it will work, no need to synch with your unit.

SD

The RAVEN lifter module is indeed in Spanish atm. I guess ACE team havent got around changing that yet, but im sure they will when they get time. :)

PigglyWiggly: With scritps im sure. Look for the ACE classnames. I dont think people will start a discussion about how to script in this thread wich is about the ACE2 mod.

Not entirely correct. I have a template mission i made months ago. Using that when i want to test out new gear. And i can test lots of new stuff at the same time wich you cant in the armory.

Ok, well that's good for those of you who are good at mission creation in the editor. I haven't got into that yet, so for me the Armory is the only option.

What happned to the class lists??

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Class_Lists_for_ACE2

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Class_Lists_for_ACEX

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

yes thats you, no one else.. dnt post such crap unless u want to share! :)

yes thats you, no one else.. dnt post such crap unless u want to share! :)

Boy did a step on a toe here... Im using the ACM + SOM module wich is explained to death all over the forum. Im a very bad mission maker but this is very easy to setup.

And it was my opinion. Sorry you feel its crap...

SIX_updater suddenly won't update anymore. When I update today, it suddenly asked me to uninstall y/n. I chose y because it thought its another updater update and it certainly was but it turned out a bunch of error messages and then after that, hit enter to continue. Continue brings me to the starting menu but from then on, no matter if I hit 1 or 2, the second update window never pops up anymore. Why?

Right now, when I enter "2", It says :

Updating Ruby Gems

Updating installed gems

Nothing to update

Clearning up installed gems...

Clean up complete

Starting Updater...

Please press enter to continue.

After I press enter, I get back to the starting menu where I will enter "2" and then the whole jazz repeats.

I have been using the six-updater successfully from the first day of release to its release 2 days ago (build 215) so yes, I know how it works. Please help.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Just a question and I HOPE IT GETS ANSWERED THIS TIME. When running the updater, should I leave autoskip on or off?? Thanks, much obliged.

Did you update the updater recently? I had the same problem until I updated. Although now I have to start the DL through the web, I can't select 1 or 2(and so on) anymore.

@Manzilla, guess sickboy broke the updater in the latest update huh? Well, I guess I have to DL through the web as well... hope sickboy get this bad boy working again. :)

So can somebody address my f'kin question?? I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I asked if I should run autoskip or not. Thank you so much in advance.

So can somebody address my f'kin question?? I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I asked if I should run autoskip or not. Thank you so much in advance.

I don't know. I turned it off once cause it kept skipping the updates. Now it's on. Do you have troubles or are you just asking? If your not having trouble then keep doing what you are doing. If you are having trouble with updates then turn it off and try to update.

The reason you haven't been answered yet is because it's been discussed in both ACE2 threads.(I know, I brought it up twice.)

Just a question and I HOPE IT GETS ANSWERED THIS TIME. When running the updater, should I leave autoskip on or off?? Thanks, much obliged.

I've found that if it auto skips a bunch of stuff, I re-run it with it off to see if anything changes.

Does anyone else think of Rodney Dangerfield when they read some of the posts in this thread? :cool:

I've found that if it auto skips a bunch of stuff, I re-run it with it off to see if anything changes.

Does anyone else think of Rodney Dangerfield when they read some of the posts in this thread? :cool:

I do. Especially if Rodney had a thing for asking questions that have already been answered/discussed. ;)

MattXR

They have been moved to here:

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks!!

@Alex72 no hard feelings, this forum moves too fast for people to keep up and u didn't first mention thats what u needed to do but i think the armory has a lot more to offer :)

To anyone thats having problems or is confused with the Six Updater, I suggest using Yoma's AddOn Sync 2009. It's really easy, just 3 clicks to update ACE2.

1. Install AddOn Sync 2009

2. Double-click the shortcut on the desktop

3. Click the "Favorite Servers" tab

4. Click the big "New Server" box

5. Put this link in the "Auto config URL" text box and then click Import Server

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

6. Click "Save"

EDIT: The 3 clicks start here lol.

7. The update server should appear in the "Favorite servers" tab, just left click it (If it's not already highlighted) and click "Connect to server..."

8. The Kelly's Heroes tab should open, left click it and click "Check for addons" it'll check your ACE2 files and once it's done, click "Download addons" and just wait till the updater says "Finished!"

If you still don't have ACE2, you can download it from that server, just left click all the check boxes to the left and click "Download addons" and wait.

9. Have fun.

To anyone thats having problems or is confused with the Six Updater, I suggest using Yoma's AddOn Sync 2009. It's really easy, just 3 clicks to update ACE2.

1. Install AddOn Sync 2009

2. Double-click the shortcut on the desktop

3. Click the "Favorite Servers" tab

4. Click the big "New Server" box

5. Put this link in the "Auto config URL" text box and then click Import Server

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

6. Click "Save"

EDIT: The 3 clicks start here lol.

7. The update server should appear in the "Favorite servers" tab, just left click it (If it's not already highlighted) and click "Connect to server..."

8. The Kelly's Heroes tab should open, left click it and click "Check for addons" it'll check your ACE2 files and once it's done, click "Download addons" and just wait till the updater says "Finished!"

If you still don't have ACE2, you can download it from that server, just left click all the check boxes to the left and click "Download addons" and wait.

9. Have fun.

That is excellent, hopefully that will help people who can't seem to find the install info. I vote for plastering this on every page for now on so people don't have to keep bitchin about how hard the setup is.

Well done sir! :)

@Grunt, Looks like I will have to switch to your solution then. :) Bye Six-updater, Hello Addon Sync 2009.

If you had the problem with Six-updater asking to uninstall, but it broke, try the option Update Ruby.

Although, if you are still using the version where you have to select 1 or 2 at the DOS prompt, then you have an old version that may not update Ruby correctly. You need to download a new version on Six-updater and reinstall.

-Ziggy-;1544140']dam' date=' since I am able to continue to use the sixupdater, I must be a super genius. :j:[/quote']

Damnit I thought I was the only one...

If you use ACE 2 right now you should know by now it gets updated every 2 days (it's beta, remember that).

So... why not check the updater too?

Here's how I spend 30 seconds every couple days:

1. What mods does the six updater have now? http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

2. What version is the updater? http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

3. Run the updater (or install if newer). Get cool stuff for free.

4. Check latest news to see what has changed. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/news

5. Check BI Forums to read 32 different topics all asking same thing. :rolleyes:

None of the above links are hidden, hard to find, top secret, whatever... They are all over people's signatures, posts, etc...

Plus they just came out with something called 'google'. It's neat, try it (it involves 'searching', another futuristic technology, which I hear some really advanced forums even have).