Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

If Vopsound affects AI to such an extent, then they have a lot of work to do. But I rather think BI does instead.

i agree with you there, but we wont know if it is having any effect unless you try it both with and without using the mods you have.

maturin please provide a simple demo mission with repro steps.

Ok, I am sorry but I must confirm that AI is doing strange things again even without mods.

They were under fire but now they are hidden and safe but still going prone even in delta formation (which is supposed to be "always aware"). I am few tens of meters in front of them and they simply cant catch up with me. So now I am waiting till they somehow manage to come close to me...

But this is not happening everytime. Just sometimes. I dunno why yet.

EDIT: and noticed lot of "go I am covering" repeating again.

Edited by Bouben

Wow, new Beta looks awesome! Trying now...

[61961] Improved: Convoy movement a lot smoother, esp. on roads.

[61943] Changed: AI gunners can autonomously use automatic weapons only when some automatic weapon is selected

[61387] Improved: Cars are now following road turns and corners better.

The ARMA2_Build_61974.log (i.e. on the website) seems to be locked. It requires a password. :bored:

Wow, took them over 500 buillds to get it right. Someone care to test the changes? :)

[61961] Improved: Convoy movement a lot smoother, esp. on roads.

[61943] Changed: AI gunners can autonomously use automatic weapons only when some automatic weapon is selected

[61387] Improved: Cars are now following road turns and corners better.

In other words driving is improved? Cant test it right know. Someone care to do and report back?

What really annoyed me last time I was doing a mission is that the AI driving cannot follow you through a forest to a clearing. I was trying to get through a small patch of forest to the other side to save A LOT of time going around via the road.

I made it there in less than 2 min, my AI squad in the other vehicle couldnt go through the forest and the only option was to go around, bit annoying!

Yapa

A.I. driving has significally improved with last build. A convoy of 4 HMMWVs now does not need much more time to arive at a destination than a single one would. The "stop and go" behaviour ist finaly gone.

What about convoys with different vehicles? Example; bmp3 + t72 + trucks.

Well, I tested URAL, two offroads and one V3S to stay in convoy and their driving was definetely smoother, but still with lot of drawing formard and backwards and also forgetting to turn on crossroads and having delays... Also pathfinding is rather problematic.

It is improoved a lot, but it is still far from perfect.

What you think, guys?

EDIT: Well I was quite reserved as I see now. The AI's driving is still full of critical situations. Sometimes like in previous builds. Tested on utes.

Edited by Bouben

Whats up with the latest version(61982) it's only 1.2mb :confused:

Apparently it only contains BattlEye. Maybe it was left out in 61974.

ARMA2_Build_61982.zip contains only battleye (1.2 MiB): ther's no patch! :|

Hi all

Same problem here.

File size of the download is way too small at 1.12 MB (1,178,474 bytes)

After extracting ARMA2_Build_61982.zip

Ran

Uninstall_ARMA2Patch_1_04_beta.exe

To unistall the previous beta

Double clicked

ARMA2_Build_61982.exe

Error report:

The system cannot find the file specified
From 7Zip

Then manualy de archived and only the:

Setup_BattlEyeARMA.exe

Is within the archive.

Can some one else triple check this.

I think the Zip was not put together properly.

Kind Regards walker

That patch version is now missing on the beta build's page. Guess they reverted it ;)

Did they fix the AI won't drive through forest problem?

Nothing said with "forests" in the latest beta. They said better AI convoy driving skills.

Driving in convoys on empty streets has certainly improved, but the main problem still persists: change maneuver due to other "living" objects still fail miserably.

Make a convoy (column, one move wp, full speed) and place an empty bus on the right side of the road ahead of the convoy. The result varies, but this can still lead to vehicles or a whole convoy getting completely stuck!

Add some opposing traffic, SILVIE, ALICE, some friendly units patrolling a town etc... and voila, your convoy or even a single vehicle might get stuck somewhere for no good reason, which makes mission-design still a lot harder than it would need to be.

Seeing a Humvee repeatetly (or even infinitely) ramming an empty bus is just sad to watch.

Make a convoy (column, one move wp, full speed) and place an empty bus on the right side of the road ahead of the convoy. The result varies, but this can still lead to vehicles or a whole convoy getting completely stuck!

They probably fear an IED strike. ;)

Anyways, driving has definitely improved, yet route planning is still going crazy as soon as obstacles are too close to roads (or on them).

:confused:

What does this mean exactly?

:confused:

What does this mean exactly?

This means gunner will no longer switch to mgun or rockets when you ordered him to use missiles.