Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Well, 1.05 would be a disaster if the BIS don't fix the totally critical bug of your AI units staying in prone position for ages no matter what combat mode they are in.

I cannot believe it is happening after so many betas...

Because of this, the game is rather unplayable right now. I don't know what else to say. Anyone noticed this behaviour?

Edited by Bouben

Well, 1.05 would be a disaster if the BIS don't fix the totally critical bug of your AI units staying in prone position for ages no matter what combat mode they are in.

Because of this, the game is rather unplayable right now. I don't know what else to say. Anyone noticed this behaviour?

Yeah, that is an important issue right now...Like we say in my country, AI is too "huevona" xD (i think that the perfect traslation is lazy motherfuck*ers)

Yeah, that is an important issue right now...Like we say in my country, AI is too "huevona" xD (i think that the perfect traslation is lazy motherfuck*ers)

Yes! They are INCREDIBLY SLOW. Even if you force them into standing or crouched position. They are absolutely unable to catch up with you.

EDIT: for example now, my medic is waiting over THREE maybe FOUR REAL MINUTES to heal his mate 30 cm from him. He's actually looking like frozen.

EDIT2: Ok, medic was waiting for 7 or 8 minutes and has taken NO ACTION.

Edited by Bouben

They are however working their butts off right now as we all can see. Dont worry BIS will sort this AI thing out.

Anyone have the latest beta and can share it? Cant DL it again... I will host it as well if i get it.

Alex

Yes! They are INCREDIBLY SLOW. Even if you force them into standing or crouched position. They are absolutely unable to catch up with you.

EDIT: for example now, my medic is waiting over THREE maybe FOUR REAL MINUTES to heal his mate 30 cm from him. He's actually looking like frozen.

EDIT2: Ok, medic was waiting for 7 or 8 minutes and has taken NO ACTION.

Yeah I totally understand you, that is why I only like playing with humans :)

The AI just need to commit orders much much faster (and for my taste, to follow the leader closer when necesary)

Edited by -=Falco=-

Yeah I totally understand you, that is why I only like playing with humans :)

Acutally, I enjoyed single player very much till these problems appeared. Now the game is really unplayable. And lagging multiplayer with huge pings and delays is no way to go for me. I can not stand choppy movement of units in multiplayer. It's total immersion and gameplay killer and personally can't catch how anyone can enjoy it.

I'm actually not sure how to explain this issue -but has anyone experienced a sort of lag when looking through the scope long distance in single-player? I've only noticed it recently with the betas, but while watching potential sniping victims some 500m out or so, they move real choppy like even though my FPS seem okay.

Acutally, I enjoyed single player very much till these problems appeared. Now the game is really unplayable. And lagging multiplayer with huge pings and delays is no way to go for me. I can not stand choppy movement of units in multiplayer. It's total immersion and gameplay killer and personally can't catch how anyone can enjoy it.

In multiplayer the game works great for me, but it is true that sometimes the units are a bit choppy (AI), but that could fall on the server/connection side I think.

I'm actually not sure how to explain this issue -but has anyone experienced a sort of lag when looking through the scope long distance in single-player? I've only noticed it recently with the betas, but while watching potential sniping victims some 500m out or so, they move real choppy like even though my FPS seem okay.

Actually, YES, I had the same issue just 3 or 4 hours ago in a Domination Server not single player so it could be related...

Edited by -=Falco=-

In multiplayer the game works great for me, but it is true that sometimes the units are a bit choppy (AI), but that could fall on the server/connection side I think.

Ok, I'll give the multiplayer one or two more tries sometimes in a future. :p

Too many connections! Great job BIS, many testers eagerly gobbling up the fixes. (darn them!)

Ok, I'll give the multiplayer one or two more tries sometimes in a future. :p

Yeah I totally recommend you that. I guess that you just had bad luck with servers that day :) Anyways, you dont enter in servers with more than 100 of ping right? For a nice experience, less than 100 ping is needed :)

No. I have never see this. Can you post a repro, or at least write in which build you have started to see this problem?

I noticed a similar issue (although not prone, just stuck) too a few days ago (3 patches ago I think, I dont track the nubers, sorry)

While one AI engaged some enemy by itself, I moved on but noticed this AI was still at the point where the enemy had been. No matter how hard I tried to get him back in formation, he didn't want to get his eyes of the enemy location. He couldn't be stuck, since he was in an open area. I had to reload the mission to be able to continue the mission with the whole team

About repro: That could be hard, but will it be useful to send you a savegame of this when it happens? Along with the mission ofcourse.

Edited by rundll.exe
its not same issue as Bouben

About repro: That could be hard, but will it be useful to send you a savegame of this when it happens? Along with the mission ofcourse.

Yes, mission + savegame is very good. Please, test you can still see the issue when you load the savegames, as sometimes save+load cures some bugs, making the save basically useless.

Great Job!

Just did a few hours having good AI teamwork and no probs.

Only one problem remaining is that vehicles, especially tanks are driving like skating on ice - just now I did compare it with the new 1.18 final patch on Armed Assault. The glitchy driving issue only happens (since release of game) only in Arma2 to me ...

Hi has the copy my stance been impimented not just the lay down i mean if i say copy my stance they will even copy my kneeling position to.

How is the performance in 1450 compared to the previous build? 362 ran quite well and im hoping it will get better :)

No. I have never see this. Can you post a repro, or at least write in which build you have started to see this problem?

Oh dear...yes, sure I can :o, but it will take some time. :p

He's being hyperbolic to a degree, I suspect, but that's what I was complaining about earlier in the thread. When your squad is under fire and sees distant enemies, they go into automatic danger mode and refuse to follow you so they can lay on their stomachs and shoot (more often wait and glare at) the enemy.

A good repro mission is the usermade Morning Assault scenario. Just try and get your men to follow you across a field while there are large numbers of enemy infantry (not firing) on the horizon.

Also another problem with a.i in danger mode is when a enemy plane starts flying above they just stand still or lay on their stomachs spamming go i'll cover... its really hard to get them to follow waypoints when enemy planes are attacking...

Youtube is a good way to show bugs too, thats how I do it mostly with cosmetic or logic bugs. You can even take a video on your phone and send it to youtube, it wont be the best quality but it will get he message across.