Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Yeah, it's pretty bad. But not un-readable.

Have to say though, I really like these new colours over the old ones.

If there was an option to alter the colours this would be awesome.

Yeah, I've seen that option in some games already (i.e. Deus Ex had some versatile HUD settings). It may be useful to modify the colours, shapes, crosshair, transparency of HUD... but it still would be on the bottom of my personal "feature wish list"

:banghead:

You're no longer welcome here then.

im sorry but that is funny as F... go on bugger off.

Quick 2 cents; the game does indeed feel more fluid to me in the latest.

Especialy the loading times seem to be shorter for some reason.

Concerning the performance: I compared once again the results of several arma 2 mark test runs for 1.04 and the actual Beta with the follwoing results:

1.04 vs Beta:

Cherno UAZs 41 vs 39

Airport 45 vs 40

Tank ride 34 vs 32

Spin 53 vs 46

Capsule 31 vs 28

Total score 4198 vs 3760 :(

Specs:

AMD X 4 @ 3.4 GHZ, 4 GB RAM, HD 4870 1GB, Win 7 x64, 1680 x1050 resolution,Texture Details and Graphics Memory @ Normal, Antisop. @ low , No AA , Landscape @ low, Object Details @ Very High, No shadows, post process effects @ low

Running latest beta patch and latest beta nvidia driver my performance is through the roof. Good work BIS. No command switches or any bios settings disabled.

Concerning the performance: I compared once again the results of several arma 2 mark test runs for 1.04 and the actual Beta with the follwoing results:

1.04 vs Beta:

Cherno UAZs 41 vs 39

Airport 45 vs 40

Tank ride 34 vs 32

Spin 53 vs 46

Capsule 31 vs 28

Total score 4198 vs 3760 :(

Specs:

AMD X 4 @ 3.4 GHZ, 4 GB RAM, HD 4870 1GB, Win 7 x64, 1680 x1050 resolution,Texture Details and Graphics Memory @ Normal, Antisop. @ low , No AA , Landscape @ low, Object Details @ Very High, No shadows, post process effects @ low

Once again, you cant compare those two, since the rendering of objects in the distance is increased, which will hit your fps a bit ofc.

I seem to be having more server crashes with version 61062. I run the ACE system so ill start investigating. Just started with latest updates.

@gunterlund21

Plz test the performance of the game always with the latest betas and don't use any addons during the testing.

ACE²-mod is still in beta, so not all issues are always related to the the original-game.

I've been testing and monitoring most of the Beta patches since 1.03/1.04.

In regards to performance calculated by sheer FPS, the game has NOT improved much. It still runs at quite low fps in general (as did 1.04 non beta and previous versions).

However in terms of texture loading, stuttering and general "smooth" feel, the game is 100% better. They really did fix the texture streaming used by the super shader....

Now when you load the game it pre-loads a lot more data into the vram and also normal memory, there is little stutter when turning around after first loading the game.

Overall the game feels more smooth and better, however it does not really have great FPS. I noticed about 6fps improvement from v1.04 and beta 60141 which is not bad.

The game engine still seems to rely on the CPU for a lot of the GPU rendering info, if this was lessened and more load was put on the GPU we would see higher FPS.

I've been testing and monitoring most of the Beta patches since 1.03/1.04.

In regards to performance calculated by sheer FPS, the game has NOT improved much. It still runs at quite low fps in general (as did 1.04 non beta and previous versions).

However in terms of texture loading, stuttering and general "smooth" feel, the game is 100% better. They really did fix the texture streaming used by the super shader....

Now when you load the game it pre-loads a lot more data into the vram and also normal memory, there is little stutter when turning around after first loading the game.

Overall the game feels more smooth and better, however it does not really have great FPS. I noticed about 6fps improvement from v1.04 and beta 60141 which is not bad.

The game engine still seems to rely on the CPU for a lot of the GPU rendering info, if this was lessened and more load was put on the GPU we would see higher FPS.

I am conserned about OA's hugeass city map. If even chernogorsk battle can bring superleetollmonster rigs to FPS 30, how are casual players supposed to run the 1337 times bigger city in OA? :(

The beta patches don't work when you play online, right?

they work. the server you may want to connect to, may not have current version running, but you can play.

New beta coming, not d/l yet as it's file size keeps growing as i'm trying to save

EDIT:

Its up now

Edited by vasmkd
UPDATE

Good update with the latest beta BIS! Being able to order AI during conversations is a long awaited fix. :)

Getting better and better. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Havent tested it though - full beta server! Argh!

Edited by Alex72

Thanks, its significantly faster(probably because less people know about it)

actually the latest beta download on that site is corrupt.

Sarge;1516815']actually the latest beta download on that site is corrupt.

Was for me too at first, thought I was going crazy :rolleyes:

Worked for me now though.

worked fine for me.

Maybe you were too fast and started DLing before it was fully uploaded

Great, but grass needs a solution. Please fix the grass, it is just awfull how it spreeds out of nothing just 1 meter in front of you...

Great, but grass needs a solution. Please fix the grass, it is just awfull how it spreeds out of nothing just 1 meter in front of you...

You are exaggerative. And are you running terrain details on max? If yes then you are exaggerative even more! :p

I think they are too busy trying to get the current builds performance issues under control before they add another gorilla gobbler into the mix.

1.05 will be an excelent patch after all these betas. I wish the download speed could just be faster. Its coming 10kt/s now. Before it came at full speed (200kt/s).

I think they are too busy trying to get the current builds performance issues under control before they add another gorilla gobbler into the mix.

LOL.

In reality, I doubt we will see 100% working grass for another 2-3 at least.

I doubt there is much they can do about the grass without destroying everyone's PCs.

I am not exaggerating Bouben. If you pay attention to the grass, it is an immersion killer. For real, it spreads too fast and is quite annoying (all settings MAX)

I would like to see that fix (It would make this game just perfect at eye-candy) Performance is already good for me (not in campaign obviously, trying that is an act of desperation nowadays)

Just put "grass" up in your list of eyecandy things to fix BI, i am just asking for that :) (just asking for a softer poping up grass or something...)

* Note that this game without grass, looks pretty much the same as OPF, so, it is a big deal to have it 100% fix

Cant we have this grass :P ?

Edited by -=Falco=-