Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

STOP THE PRESS!!!!

Just noticed that OA will have proper lights instead of the "umbrella" lights we have now!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Check this preview vid out for confirmation! (around the 4:40 mark)

fTNn0rdTcyY

Edited by cm.

Do you really have to post practically the same thing three times (twice in this thread) in one day?

I'm sorry I have poluted such an otherwise productive forum thread. Hopefully you caught on to my sarcasm.

Personaly I dont think the Brits will be included with the release of OA. Just as we had Resistance for OFP and Queens Gambit for ArmA, if you look at the blurb on AAN, you will see reference to the Brits being invloved in maneuvers. There is also mention of Black Element. If I remember correctly they are also the people who made Queens Gambit. I think its reasonable to assume that Black Element are also working on an addon that will be released sometime after OA. This could well be released as DLC and perhaps its the departure from disc based addons to DLC that BIS referenced in their coments about significant new DLC. Either way, the Brits will be in it one way or another, so its all good.

Edited by Killerwatt

Black Element is included for sure. Remember that black jeep in on of the earlier OA pictures? It would make no sense to be there without the units.

it looks so.. unbelievable...... I mean that in a bad way. I really REALLY miss the recoil effect in first person.

I dont mean to nagg and I know this was mentioned before but after watching that video cm provided I have to say again that accent is quite weird and annoying. Otherwise it looks really good.

Oh and I hope someone makes sound mod for scar real quick after release as well:).

it looks so.. unbelievable...... I mean that in a bad way. I really REALLY miss the recoil effect in first person.

They are supposedly hearing the complaints on lack of kickback.Now its in their hands as to if it will come back or not.

Hopefully the game will be more optimized than in that Nightfight preview. Framerate looked pretty bad overall. :(

probably a result of fraps. We've seen a mix of good and bad recordings from the same preview copy. I think it's just a matter of various pcs struggling (and some succeeding) to record while running the game. I know mine can barely do it but runs ArmA2 quite fine when it isn't.

probably a result of fraps. We've seen a mix of good and bad recordings from the same preview copy. I think it's just a matter of various pcs struggling (and some succeeding) to record while running the game. I know mine can barely do it but runs ArmA2 quite fine when it isn't.

This. ^

ArmA 2 is very dependent on CPU ability and resources. Fraps is too, therefore, running the game with Fraps will decrease your performance overall. However, when playing games that are more GPU dependent, this is usually not the case.

FRAPs uses the hard drive more than anything actually. 4GB of data.. say you've set it to 30 FPS.. do the math. And since ArmA 2 hogs everything..

What will become of A.C.E. 2? Looks like many of the things in ACE are going to be replaced by this expansion.

What will become of A.C.E. 2? Looks like many of the things in ACE are going to be replaced by this expansion.

This belongs in the ACE 2 thread. So what if things in ACE 2 are going to replaced?

Sickboy said ACE 2 is going to be ported over.

Sorry for the dopey question here... but will this game merge with ARMA2? i mean can i place units from arma2 on to this games editor or are they completely separate games?

Also when is this game out? my local game shop has no information about it what so ever.

I've been away for a while. :(

Sorry for the dopey question here... but will this game merge with ARMA2? i mean can i place units from arma2 on to this games editor or are they completely separate games?

Also when is this game out? my local game shop has no information about it what so ever.

Yes, you should be able to. Last I heard June 30 or something like that.

1) Read the FAQ

2) most stores probably wont even sell OA, I was only able to buy (Arma 2) from Best Buy otherwise it would have to be online.

dont expect gamestop to sell it or Walmart.

I saw no FAQ on this forum.

I don't live in America so wouldn't care if Gamestop or Walmart(never heard of it) sell it..

my local shop is called "GAME" they did sell ARMA2 so i was expecting to see them at least advertise this game or something.

Anyway, cheers for the replies to both of you.

1) Read the FAQ

2) most stores probably wont even sell OA, I was only able to buy (Arma 2) from Best Buy otherwise it would have to be online.

dont expect gamestop to sell it or Walmart.

But gamestop is selling it online

Yep, see here.

Yes, completely: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=Ask_Bohemia_(about_Operation_Arrowhead..._or_anything_else_you_want_to_ask)!&rcid=57637#ARMA_2_.2B_ARMA2:_OA_Combined

ARMA 2 + ARMA2: OA Combined

A2OA can also use the full content of ARMA 2 (if installed) to create an unsurpassed scale of modern military simulation.

Maps of Chernarus and Takistan (5 maps in total) with their typical local civilian population - 440 square km!

9 different army factions: US Army, US Marines, Russian Army, Takistani Army and militia, Chernarussian Defense Forces, Chernarussian insurgents and partisans, Takistani Guerrillas

150+ different weapons (e.g. range of SCAR assault rifles, M110 sniper rifle, FN FAL, Uzi submachine gun, Sa-58 in many variants, Lee Enfield rifle, grenade launchers)

100+ different vehicles (e.g. M2 Bradley armored recon vehicle, AH-64D Apache gunship, CH-47 transport helicopter, UH-1H Huey helicopter, Stryker armored personnel carrier in multiple variants, T-55 main battle tank, old Soviet BTR-60 and BTR-40 armored personnel carries, variety of new civilian vehicles and many more)

They are supposedly hearing the complaints on lack of kickback.Now its in their hands as to if it will come back or not.

I really hope it does. It's like you can feel it, rather than seeing your gun go to the side and up.. I wonder i there is a way to bring it back via script, it sounds like something was disabled.. unless it is a script itself

Edited by Fox '09