Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

All we can do is hope that those British troops will be in OA. I'm pretty sure the PMC's will because I saw in a preview a few weeks ago, a screenshot with one of those 2007 Chevy Tahoes in it...and why would they include that and not include some epic PMC units...? So I'm pretty sure those will be in OA on release...Now I'm just hoping to see them brits!

Brits are 99.99% going to be in the game. Whether or not as in DLC/Patch or in release is to be determined. Mercs, if done correctly will be a nice addition. Oh, and those were 2007 Chevrolet Suburbans, not Tahoes. A Tahoe is essentially a shorter version of a Suburban. ;)

If BIS keep churning out nations they'll put us modders out of work :P...actually i cud use a break lol... either way super pumped about OA now.

If BIS keep churning out nations they'll put us modders out of work :P...actually i cud use a break lol... either way super pumped about OA now.

Now that you mention it, I would like to see some quality Aussies. :D

I'm sure those mercs will be done right. That one guy we saw looked pretty awesome. I hope there's some assault variants with face masks and helmets etc. :D

@Laqueesha...AAW Mod. NOW those are some quality Aussies!!

I'm sure those mercs will be done right. That one guy we saw looked pretty awesome. I hope there's some assault variants with face masks and helmets etc.

Yeah, but I sorta cringed when saw that XM8/M8 variant. I was under the impression that the XM8/M8 rifle and its derivatives were no longer in service/production.

AAW Mod. NOW those are some quality Aussies!

Agreed. However, modders need time to churn out their productions. Remember, with Aussies, the accent is half the fun! Now with a full-fledged developer on the other hand... ;)

New theory:

We saw at ANN that the brits were beaten by some Czech at a worldwide important event: Air Hockey.

Czechs are confirmed as a BLUFOR nation.......

So, maybe Brits are the little surprise at the OPFOR side to balance the equation. After all, US+GER+CZ vs some old mountain warriors isn´t fair, is it?

And reading further into ANN I found more evidences that supports my theory:

:yay:

This banana. Its so cool...

:dancehead:

Now this guy dancing. Really, take a look at that. Thats obvious a reference to Brits joining forces with Takistan rebels.

banner-escape-from-kolgujev.jpg

And finnaly, look at this. SAS commandos with Russians, theres even a Hind in the back. Now everything makes sense.

Any questions?

Remember, with Aussies, the accent is half the fun!

But....we don't have accents....

But.we don't have accents.

Bull. Otherwise your women wouldn't be as hot as they are. ;)

And finnaly, look at this. SAS commandos with Russians, theres even a Hind in the back. Now everything makes sense.

About that movie, when will it be released? It has been in development hell for so long I've been wondering if it would even see the light of day. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

He's implying that those British screenshots might of been of VBS3 and not OA...which would mean...Not British Army for us....:(

You can be sure that these Brits were not accidentally released VBS3 units. Simply because the one development team has nothing to do with the other and there's no word yet about a VBS3 in development. ;)

W0lle saves the day!! Hooraay! :D

Thanks!

You can be sure that these Brits were not accidentally released VBS3 units. Simply because the one development team has nothing to do with the other and there's no word yet about a VBS3 in development. ;)

Jaw drops..............................................:eek:

there's no word yet about a VBS3 in development. ;)

Then can we take that as affirmation that grid ref northings are true northings now and not the "southings" that we have had forever?

Previously only VBS had true northings... :bounce3:

We already have the apache man:rolleyes:

But best yet is that we can actually fly it around at night without the pilot's display killing our view from the HDR, try it out in normal A2, pending on lighting conditions you may get dark terrain, very dark or plain impossible to see unless you look away from the screens..this appears to not be present in OA's "Death from Above" videos.

Further proof of HDR adjustment was the FLIR display compared before and after, definately looking forward to that change, now we can fly with backlit displays and buttons rather than having to wear NVG all the time.

Edited by NodUnit

We saw at ANN that the brits were beaten by some Czech at a worldwide important event: Air Hockey.

No, that was aimed at Dragon Rising by Codemasters.

No UK units in OA ,because they are ..... cool :D maybe dlc

- Suma

Omg :D

??????????????????????????????????????????

link?!

??????????????????????????????????????????

link?!

I think someone is having a laugh. ;)

And we can also get a new map from what I see... I think it's been to much said about Karzeghistan to just think it's a "some" country around... Like the Taki and Harvest Red - Taki was mentioned and now we're getting it... Maybe sam story with Karzeghistan?

If all that goeas along... Armaversum will be the second dimension of today world. Everything is just in place, all parts are making one bigger story - and the AAN is making it a lot more realistic with all the infos from Arrmaversum world... Some day we'll care about what happens in Armaversum almost like we care about real world.

At least this what I'm thinking right now after all the new info... End of my reflections.

I'm also happy about Brits coming to OA in (close? - 29th June) future.

And PMCs will be in OA by default - remember end of campaign mission from preview version? - we saw them there... So they must be in...

Edited by Max255[PL]

I'm loving the new banners on the site :D

banner-escape-from-kolgujev.jpg

More news and explanations to the BIS in-jokes can be found here

My gut-feeling about this is that BIS is going to release the Brits, their kit and Karzeghistan as DLC, likely a month after release to reassure us that they will still be continuing support for their awesome game :p

Edited by SASrecon

@Tonic87

If you listen carefully - the speaker is talking at 0:58 about private military contractors "Black Element" not "Blackwater". :rolleyes:

And helicopters in A2 do fly over hills without crashing into them. They crash mostly into the trees...

AI improvements in OA actual previews aren't that clear to see.

I see much more wishful thinking and no facts....

Who cares about Blackwater or Brits? We got Czech and Germans :D

Only thing i can wish - somekind AK Custom guns there :p

Danke schoen fur das information, Herr Tonci. :D

@Tonic87

If you listen carefully - the speaker is talking at 0:58 about private military contractors "Black Element" not "Blackwater". :rolleyes:

And helicopters in A2 do fly over hills without crashing into them. They crash mostly into the trees...

AI improvements in OA actual previews aren't that clear to see.

Well of course, "Blackwater" doesn't exist anymore. It's "Xe" now. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha