Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

thank you!

seeing all this cool new stuff for blufor (US, UK, Czech, german, CDF) makes it even more of a shame that the tak regulars arnt fleshed out a bit more. but hey, its all good in the end. bis might have even more surprises for us

maybe Karzeghistan will get some military forces :p

Edited by That guy

Takis got scuds

With nuclear/chemical/biological/radiological warheads, perhaps? That'll even the score against a USA/UK/CZ/DE alliance. :D

That guy: here is a closer look at that pic:

http://www.aan-online.com/images/stories/news/jac_img5.jpg

*plays The Imperial March*

"When Britain first at heaven's command, arose, arose, arose from out the azure main! Arose, arose, arose from out the azure main! This was the charter, the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain! Rule Britannia! Britannia rule the waves, Britons never, never, never shall be slaves!"

In all seriousness, this is amazing. Whether or not this will be in the game upon release or in the form of DLC looks to be determined. By the way, those blokes don't look like they're wearing DPM. MTP, perhaps? Now, what about some British voice actors? ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Yeah it looks like the new British Camo they're using. Hmm..EVEN BETTER! :D

Now, what about some British voice actors? ;)

Well, we know for sure that there's at least one in OA. :rolleyes:

Yeah it looks like the new British Camo they're using.

Yup. However, I was under the impression that it [MTP] was only to be used in woodland/temperate environments, not arid/desert ones. But still, MTP! :D

Well, we know for sure that there's at least one in OA.

Oh yeah, that bloke.

MTP is just like multicam (its a MC variant). it will be used everywhere.

Hopefully we'll see some multicam Ranger units. *winks at BIS*

Yup. However, I was under the impression that it [MTP] was only to be used in woodland/temperate environments, not arid/desert ones. But still, MTP! :D

Oh yeah, that bloke.

? They developed the MTP based on a colour palette from Afghanistan

yea a dream comes true.

England wins the world cup and UK units for OA :D

nice song:

Edited by bensdale

yea a dream comes true. England wins the world cup and UK units for OA. nice song:

Fixed. ^ ;)

Hopefully we'll see some multicam Ranger units. *winks at BIS*

"Rangers lead the way!"

MTP is just like multicam (its a MC variant). it will be used everywhere.

All right then. Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like that's the way everybody is going. One camouflage scheme that will be suitable for multiple environments.

Edited by Laqueesha

do you think there will be bombs in this one

¿Que?

Yes, I honestly do think that

Yes, I honestly do think that

Yeah... This. ^ ;)

But, maybe he's talking about unguided, free-fall bombs? In that case, yes too. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

Do you mean IEDs?

i want dummy bombs,

Do you mean IEDs?

yes, was about to go serious and ask this. I loved VBS2's IEDs

i want dummy bombs

There were unguided, free-fall bombs in ArmA 2, so it would be perfectly feasable that they would be in Operation Arrowhead.

I loved VBS2's IEDs

IEDs would be a great, game-changing addition. If they are not included in Operation Arrowhead, they would easily be modded into the game. There was an addon for ArmA 1 which implemented IEDs and they worked fairly well, exploding when a member of a specific side approached them such as BLUFOR, OPFOR, Civilian, Independent, etc.

Edited by Laqueesha

What do you mean? There's more hidden there than just British Forces?

He was talking about the other " press article " , to which he provided the link .

But hey , who knows ... maybe some Romanian mountain hunters will be in OA :rolleyes: ( just day dreaming ) .

IEDs would be a great, game-changing addition. If they are not included in Operation Arrowhead, they would easily be modded into the game. There was an addon for ArmA 1 which implemented IEDs and they worked fairly well, exploding when a member of a specific side approached them such as BLUFOR, OPFOR, Civilian, Independent, etc.

If I remember correctly, I thought I read about IEDs being in OA back in early 2010, when Armaholic release a couple of previews.

The addon you are referring too was very script based and was complicated to use. What I think most of us would like to see is a version similar to satchel charges.

Also, is there any word on Apache gunners having the ability to fire laser guided Hellfires in OA? I was disappointed to see BI leae this feature out in ArmA 2.

I think it implies it's more complicated than "Good Guys vs Bad Guys" with all sorts of dirty "Real politik" tricks to gain control of an oil or coltan rich region. Ancient allies will betray you, knights in shining armour will have to get dirty, and terrorist scum will just be another flavour of the same rat's nest.

As usual in BIS games, war won't be portrayed as a "cool" and "good vs evil" crusade but as a gritty reality where no one ever leaves uncompromised...

All of those screenshots make me sad. Why you ask? Because it's not out yet! I'm REALLY excited for this expansion!

I'm happy to see that BIS is cramming ludicrous amounts of content, optimizations, and tweaks (such as the correct sight picture for Javelins!) into this. There are a LOT of factions, a LOT of new toys, and more expansion capability than ever before. I especially love the randomly generated villages that they came up with. It's a simple yet brilliant way to keep the game fresh. It will literally never be the same country twice! Combine that with the mods that will undoubtedly be released and we have a winner!

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I think it implies it's more complicated than "Good Guys vs Bad Guys" with all sorts of dirty "Real politik" tricks to gain control of an oil or coltan rich region. Ancient allies will betray you, knights in shining armour will have to get dirty, and terrorist scum will just be another flavour of the same rat's nest.

As usual in BIS games, war won't be portrayed as a "cool" and "good vs evil" crusade but as a gritty reality where no one ever leaves uncompromised...

I hope you're right. So far, they've done a good job with it, and I hope they do something along the same lines as what you described. Rarely is there a 'good vs. evil' conflict, but rather there are usually shades of gray.

Hate to be the nae-sayer, but what I get from the AAN article is a coded reference to an upgrade for VBS2, the way it talks about training and whatnot.

edit: nm.

Edited by Electricleash