Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

British troops? :D Well, I'm not going to jump to conclusions without an official statement, but it would be a great addition.

I should have asked on the BIwiki about this, but I keep thinking they've changed something with the infantry units. The models shape or something.

I mean, it can't just be the SSAO inclusion which makes them look different and actually better. Can it?

Edited by colossus

@Electricleash- VBS2 is using the ArmA 1 engine. Well vise-versa, those screenshots look alot like ArmA 2 to me.

Damn if they don't include those brits I'm gonna be really pissed. :mad:

All this hype then nothing! The British Military has been something I've waited for since ArmA 2 came out and those pictures make them look absolutely amazing.

Hate to be the nae-sayer, but what I get from the AAN article is a coded reference to an upgrade for VBS2, the way it talks about training and whatnot.

edit: Also looks like the now 'super secretive' Project UKF have revealed what they've been up to... this of course is pure speculation and conspiratorial theorisation on my part... but still.

Why they would use the ANN portal and the Green Sea Region for announce that? :confused:

PUKF guys said way back they were working in VBS2, and that those Brits don´t seem to be their work.

Now I am super-excited......

Well, that's why I said VBS2 Upgrade (I didn't want to say VBS3).

Anyway it's that, or 'DLC/Further expansion' in the Autumn.

Cool your heels Enad ;)

Anyways, I like the pretty purple flowers bestest :P

Edited by Electricleash

I'm just trying to be optimistic.

Those brits looks amazing so I'm really hoping I'll see them when I open up the editor in OA! If not, they better be available as DLC sometime soon! Or I'm gonna be maaaaad at BIS. :mad:

:p

Srsly...These guys betta be in OA. :)

yes i hope they come with ak47s

isnt it best gun ever??

@AxF FoX- What? British Troops with AK47's? Huh...

Anyways...I'm still waiting on the Q&A FAQ thingy that was supposed to be revealed yesterday to come out..

It's June 1st in Praque right now...So it's technically 2 days late. Way to go BIS...Always keeping their word... :mad:

Don't know if this is official yet for OA. Any word form BIS/BIA on this or could it possibly be ANOTHER rip from Pukf/Rksl by the impatient arseholes of the community? :(

Edited by Schancky

Don't know if this is official yet for OA. Any word form BIS/BIA on this or could it possibly be ANOTHER rip from Pukf/Rksl by the impatient arseholes of the community? :(

Pathy has already posted in the UKF thread that the units are nothing to do with them.

Pathy has already posted in the UKF thread that the units are nothing to do with them.

Ah right. Just checked now, my bad :o

I would literally pay another £10 for proper British forces.

I would literally pay another £10 for proper British forces.

What he said.

Also, is there any word on Apache gunners having the ability to fire laser guided Hellfires in OA?
One of those SS from GameKult.com show the TADS feed of a missile hit -launched by the AH-64D and painted by an AH-6X.

I would also pay extra for Brits to be in arrowhead. Hell id even pay for extra DLC with brits in it if that was the only way to get them.

One of those SS from GameKult.com show the TADS feed of a missile hit -launched by the AH-64D and painted by an AH-6X.

That's not what I'm asking. I'm talking about the gunner inside the Apache firing laser designated Hellfires. I will kiss BIS's boots if they give us this feature in the vanilla.

(I could link over 100 reference videos, but I'd get in trouble because most of the content is too graphic.)

As for the UK forces, at this point in the OA media blitz, I don't think we'll see them in the final release. We would have heard something about this long before the upcoming release date. Also, what are the chances BIS texturing the UK units with multicam? Christ, the US Army changed ACU uniforms to multicam for soldiers conducting operations in Afghanistan about four months ago and we're still seeing ACU wearing units in OA. As far as I know, the UK has changed their uniforms to multicam about one month ago. I doubt BIS would rush to retexture UK units and not/skip US.

not to add anymore hype to an unconfirmed announcement, but where there's British Forces, and US Delta (special forces) [confirmed], theres bond to be SAS O.O

Plus, they have mentioned Task Force Knight a couple of times hehehe....

Just throwing it out there. God I hope Brits are confirmed ><

not to add anymore hype to an unconfirmed announcement, but where there's British Forces, and US Delta (special forces) [confirmed], theres bond to be SAS O.O

Plus, they have mentioned Task Force Knight a couple of times hehehe....

Just throwing it out there. God I hope Brits are confirmed ><

It was renamed Task Force Knight from Task Force Black right?/

Mhmm, becoz Task Force Black became knowledge to the public and SAS/SFG feared media publicity might compromise their missions in Iraq. So they renamed to Knight to avoid the attention

SAS units and gear

AC-130 and module

cant really think of too many DLC ideas after OA

you cant really add anything in terms of gameplay unless its free or something really minor.

Reload animation DLC :rolleyes:

Physics DLC :rolleyes:

LOL yeah cant think of any more sorry if this alittle off topic I figured there really aint much to discuss till that damn FAQ with answers is released!

LOL yeah cant think of any more sorry if this alittle off topic I figured there really aint much to discuss till that damn FAQ with answers is released!

This or till the demo comes out.

Wondering if it's going to be an after release demo btw..

i really dont think BIS is stupid enough to show us pictures of british troops in game, and not include them :p

Some more pics of OA which I found by messing around with the links.

New:

http://www.aan-online.com/images/stories/news/jac_img7.jpg

http://www.aan-online.com/images/stories/news/jac_img8.jpg -is it me or is this one using the film grain module?

http://www.aan-online.com/images/stories/news/jac_img9.jpg

obviously there is more under the hood , as when you click at previous it reveal

http://www.aan-online.com/en/europe/23-chernarus-firms-strike-uneasy-deal-in-takistan.html

Like the new 'Environment Colors' module seen on Chernarus (probably ported) and the desert map

Edited by SASrecon