Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Will the main campaign mode have online coop? if so, how many?

yes as far as we know; 4.

After seing so much material, I'm looking forward to it very much, but I have to say I'm also very worried that OA's maps are too sparse on objects. There are virtually no trees now so both visual and solid cover are much farther between. You can probably see units at miles distance without issue. The outdoor objects seem to have been replaced by house interior. And what are the odds that AI uses interior much?

I may be speaking too soon. We shall see I suppose.

OA still needs a lot of work next few weeks till it's final, but with Preview version shows that that something great is growing out.
Hmm, isnt OA "going gold" ~3 weeks before release?

Hmm, isnt OA "going gold" ~3 weeks before release?

It's likely they have a preview version that represents code from awhile ago, I doubt it's the gold version.

I noticed some nice Things in the daytime Video

1) At 1:42 the AI seems to use Smoke for cover

2) At 1:53 the chopper doesn´t crash into the Mountain, and Im sure he would in Arma 2

It's likely they have a preview version that represents code from awhile ago, I doubt it's the gold version.

OA preview version is probably made with "code from awhile ago" but why AA.info dont show some new/updated OA infos?

Lets wait and see upcoming OA presentations and announcement from BIS.

After seing so much material, I'm looking forward to it very much, but I have to say I'm also very worried that OA's maps are too sparse on objects. There are virtually no trees now so both visual and solid cover are much farther between. You can probably see units at miles distance without issue. The outdoor objects seem to have been replaced by house interior. And what are the odds that AI uses interior much?

I may be speaking too soon. We shall see I suppose.

It'll probably have 'greenery' area's with plenty of grass and tree's, the landscape was if I recall correctly inspired by Afghanistan which has plenty of greenery in many area's, but always varied desert and so on.

If that is a concern then it's not a worry if you have Arma2, since you can use Arma2 assets I would assume including Chernarus, in OA.

There is someone F5'ing the Wiki page already!? :yay:

it appears the question page is now blank...? how long has it been like that?

Talk:Ask Bohemia (about Operation Arrowhead... or anything else you want to ask)

From Bohemia Interactive Community

Jump to: navigation, search

There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.

Whondering the same since a few days. Not sure if i order there or just check out the local stores a 1-2 days before release and try my luck to get one somewhere.

On Amazon they say it will be released on 25th June. Do they send it on the 25th June then or do then send it on 24th and you get it on the 25th?

If i remember right, Arma2 was also released on a friday here.

Guess i also end up checking the local stores 2 days before to make sure il get it on friday;-). Mostly Amazon is pretty fast, means if your lucky your DHL is there on 25th, latest 26.

In OA, ah64 have laser designator? or must use UAV to change target?

I really the hope you can force the AI to fire on a lased target whether or not the AI can see an enemy. I find that really annoying when working with AI.

I tried putting some AI enemies in a building and then adding an apache as part of my squad. Then on the ground with my laser designator thingy, lased the building the enemy AI was in and tried to order the apache to fire on the lased target. No dice. This will be important as almost all structures are destroyable now in OA.

Didn't see this posted elsewhere:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/arma2oa

Join the Steam group and if there are 500 members by June 6th then apparently we get some exclusive info.

Similar story over at the Arma 2 Steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/arma2

If we get 4,000 members by June 6th then there will be exclusive news on the new patch or OA.

:yay:

Would have liked to have seen an RPD for the insurgents, an oldie but a goodie :)

Good to see the CDK getting a run as the blue hats.

Told you the CDF were the UN forces.

One thing I don't understand; why would a localized "Defense Force" be deploying troops on peacekeeping missions overseas? Especially when they can't keep the peace in their own nation? Just sayin'

Join the Steam group and if there are 500 members by June 6th then apparently we get some exclusive info.

If we get 4,000 members by June 6th then there will be exclusive news on the new patch or OA.

I done my part and invited some friends. :dancered:

For the A2 Steam group, Dwarden invited me. I wonder from where he took my login... :j:

_______

Anyway, here still is 30th May, where is BIS timezone? :whistle:

PS: Damm this forum has a lot of smiles...

I joined both :D

One thing I don't understand; why would a localized "Defense Force" be deploying troops on peacekeeping missions overseas? Especially when they can't keep the peace in their own nation? Just sayin'

You do have a point...:confused: