Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I suggest waiting those 2 days for BIS to reveal the open FAQ before jumping to conclusions or starting rumors :)

Anybody think that BIS will make another expansion/or small update like Queens Gambit?

Nah, I bet they will focus their efforts on Arma 3 and/or Carrier Command.

I wonder what will be BIS next title? I hope for a new game,of course military simulation like OFP and Arma, but based on new engine.

Bis don't have to focus on Carrier Command, since most of it is made

by another company.

Uh...

Where did you get that information from?

I wonder if Janowich is trolling again. My bet is on yes.

You could be wrong ;)

Normally I could agree but now.............

:D

a ZU23 is still a very very dangerous piece of equipment (a 23mm high explosive incendiary round vrs the aluminum shell of a ruski plane?). the ridiculous thing about that scenario is limited to game engine things, like that SF guy knows how to proficiently aim and operate the weapon on his own (it requires at least 2 people to use) and that the planes were flying so low.

I am waiting for the 30th. i do hope that BIS answers some of the more advanced questions as well... i really do hope they just dont cop out and drop 90% of the questions because they can :p

Isnt Su-25 armored against 23mm weaponry? Obv not invincible to it but should make the pretty tough to take down no?

to the best of my knowledge planes cant carry enough armor to stop a 23mm round and still be able to carry weapons, but hay i ain't a flyboy. but i do know 23mm are still a big threat to low flying aircraft

I viewed the campaign in ArmA2 as something of a game play buffet, that allowed the player to try a little bit of everything in the game, and thus gain insights into his own requirements for missions made in the editor.

The whole ZU23 vs. the SU25s seems to be the same sort of thing. By the sound of things, OA's campaign will allow the player a chance to play pilot, tank commander, paratrooper, and Delta Force operator, so the whole buffet of game play experiences trend seems to be holding. Hopefully, there is a good, compelling scenario holding it all together.

Uh...

Where did you get that information from?

You wouldn't make a very good gambling man. CC is made by Black Element, who also made QG. (source: the internets)

It's not entirely being made by Black Element, BIS is also involved. Both are part of IDEA Games, but BIS is being advertised as the developer.

You wouldn't make a very good gambling man. CC is made by Black Element, who also made QG. (source: the internets)

Well your internets came up with this:

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission is a sci-fi game based on the original Carrier Command released in 1988.

The game is under development by Bohemia Interactive and Black Element Software.

Anyway, it seems to me that the main focus are the ArmA series

right now.

Never seen bis advertising the other game.

Edit: Who is Jân Prîząk?

Edited by SWT_Janowich

Anyway, it seems to me that the main focus are the ArmA series

right now.

Never seen bis advertising the other game.

Edit: Who is Jân Prîząk?

Jan Prazak is the PR Manager of Bohemia Interactive.

(Written Jan Pražák in czech, not sure if the symbols show up properly for you.)

The game is under development by Bohemia Interactive and Black Element Software.

Exactly. Ie, BIS made the engine (RV3/Arma2) and Black Element makes a total-conversion mod for it which is the Carrier Command game.

Hopefully, there is a good, compelling scenario holding it all together.

:thumbs-up:

That would more easily be accomplished by not interjecting "Warfare" type missions into the middle of the campaign, throwing everything out of whack.

That would more easily be accomplished by not interjecting "Warfare" type missions into the middle of the campaign, throwing everything out of wack.

This. ^

Exactly. Ie, BIS made the engine (RV3/Arma2) and Black Element makes a total-conversion mod for it which is the Carrier Command game.

Wrong again!(god I love the search function:D)

Its not RV, its different engine developed for that game.
but we ofcourse share some algorithm ideas, vegetation from linda, mocap or 3D scanning technology, some postprocess effects and so on
Edited by sparks50

Well colour me surprised! Who would've thought BIS has the resources to develop two different engines? I'd rather see all work go into RV to be honest.

Was it mentioned anywhere that the USMC units from Arma2 are being transfered over for desert cammies along with their vehicles, weapons, etc. ?

Was it mentioned anywhere that the USMC units from Arma2 are being transfered over for desert cammies along with their vehicles, weapons, etc. ?

Nope, and I wouldn't count on it. We have modders for that :p

Less features but with more polish I like this!

From gamingNexus Interview with Ivan.

OA is a more polished title and one of the screenshots looked to me that it had a weapon class selection screen.

Awesome. :)

Well colour me surprised! Who would've thought BIS has the resources to develop two different engines? I'd rather see all work go into RV to be honest.

Its a differnt part of BIS making that engine. BIS is a much larger company than you think :) Theres also BIA who does VBS series.

Less features but with more polish I like this!

From gamingNexus Interview with Ivan.

OA is a more polished title and one of the screenshots looked to me that it had a weapon class selection screen.

Awesome. :)

Could you provide a link of that screenshot?