Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Post deleted.

Edited by Laqueesha

In the screenshot showring the settings used to test the game they show 1280x1024 resolution and 4:3 aspect ration which is wrong as it should be 5:4.And then they have the nerve to answer Maruk they didn't screw up the settings,they did and the squashing is obvious.

Secondly,the lack of any AA clearly gives it a rough look so they should not claim it's on highest settings.

And last of all I really like the vibes the game is giving me.The foliage and object textures changes from Arma are very welcomed and they make the game look Operation Flashpoint gritty in a 2009 gaming world.This game has so much potential I am willing to wait a few extra months to tune performance,AI and stuff like radio chat

No, it is most definately the Taiwanese flag.

I doubt the United States would change its flag to the Taiwanese flag, even in a fictional, futuristic setting.

Well, the number on the ship is either a nine or eight, judging by the pictures.

Currently, there is no LHA-8, LHA-9, LHD-8, or LHD-9, so Bohemia Interactive is using a fictional, "made-up" ship.

It's a little late where I am, so let me clarify from my initial rantings...:

• Fictional name for the ship

• Flag: Thought you meant the the game box...there is a white star in the background... edited my initial comment to clarify that part. Think I completely confused you with my intiial comment re: flag...apologies...

...Any way back on topic...

Surely the quality of the game is not represented in these images!?

Will have to look closer at the other previews that come out...not too sure about the 486dx system that Tiscali seem to be using for some of these somewhat random images!

Im sure the quality is like that when you go lower settings. It will most definatelly even look much worse when you go very low on everything. Test ARMA1 on very low on everything. Tiscali says they have it on HIGH wich means the quick quality selector. It will change some things to HIGH and some to NORMAL etc.

ARMA2 like ARMA1 i think will be best off changing every option manually. You can have lower res but with AA and get it to look good for example. Those guys skipped the AA or have it on LOW so it looks crappier. ARMA2 very high will look amazing but will need PC power for sure.

Post deleted.

Edited by Laqueesha

Personally I think their "attempt" to try and give ArmA2 a bad name has totally backfired on them and with the community obviously not fooled all they are going to do is damage themselves. However the question still stands "Why do they hate BIS?"

I think this one is down for maybe the devs to answer directly :)

Guys cool your jets. I actually liked the full preview, it was very in debt, and honest about what the reviewer thought about the build.

It will be very interesting to read the upcoming other previews, now that the journalists can really sit down with the build and spend some time on it, so that we can get much more in debt information and a LOT of new screen shots.

A last note before bed time. I really wished ARMA2 would have working backpacks. Cant see how it wont get it tbh. We have seen the nice looking backpacks from some screenshots and videos. Would be a waste if they were just eyecandy since in real battle you do have assistant gunners with extra ammo etc. Hope its all WIP or not yet shown function. Night all.

Wow, Tiscali writter calling ArmA II "cosmetic"... thats what almost all of guys in my squad are saying for quite some time now :) I remain an optimist and I'm hopeful we'll get a polished product from Bohemia.

I still have shivers when we travelled to Czech Rep. to get first copies of v1.00 and experienced bunch of bugs (luckly not as many as Soldner's first release, hehe). Hell, we're still using ArmA beta patch for months now :)

Since we're on the topic, wanted to chime in here and show some examples of what A2 looks like for me at 'very high' settings. ;)

Click on any of them for higher-res versions.

tip_move_with_buddy_tmb.jpg

i_harrier_on_station_tmb.jpg

tip_rollovers_tmb.jpg

i_brass_ejecting_tmb.jpg

So I guess you're part of the beta? How did you manage that living in Texas? I assumed you'd have to be local, or else I would have also considered it, (I live in Texas as well).

What are your specs and how does it run? Are you allowed to give us info?

I don't get why Tiscali hates BI? Shouldn't they support thme since they are developers from their own country...... :eek:

Whoever pays gets the praise ;)

So I guess you're part of the beta? How did you manage that living in Texas? I assumed you'd have to be local, or else I would have also considered it, (I live in Texas as well).

What are your specs and how does it run? Are you allowed to give us info?

The pics are there for those who would like to see what A2 looks like at high settings. That's it. No additional info to be had here, sorry. Hope you understand. :)

The pics are there for those who would like to see what A2 looks like at high settings. That's it. No additional info to be had here, sorry. Hope you understand. :)

Yep, I totally understand.

"Why do they hate BIS?"

I think this one is down for maybe the devs to answer directly :)

For reference, I am asking this question myself since the world exclusive review (yes, that is correct!) of Arma 1 from them where they gave the game 55% score (luckily, rest of reviews coming after this one was not so bad) and posted screenshot from the one system they used to play the game on where it didn't run well without saying a word to us they have such a problem but honestly, I simply don't know.

Anyway, this preview code came to a lot of different places some weeks ago so let's see how it turns out elsewhere. Btw: at least seems from the text there were two things they kind of liked in Arma 2 in that preview: sound effects and detail of vehicles. For some of the other bugs, like the radio: many of this is really not supposed to be like it in the final version (and they could easily find out from us if they wanted to know).

Edited by Maruk

You're not fooling me Dslyecxi, those are real photos ! :D

Actually, those Tiscali screens look great too !

I honestly thought that the top screenshot there was of a real UH-1 and he was comparing it to the bottom picture of ArmA II's UH-1. Man wasn't I happy when I found out they were both from ArmA II. Too bad my PC is probably no where near his.

Wow, something about the screenshot at the top of last page makes me feel that it has to be real :eek: . Those are some pretty stunning pictures, thanks dyslecxi! To be honest I found those pictures on the tiscali website pretty spectacular but if thats the worst I can expect then I guess I'll be pretty pleased :p . And since I don't know much about helicopters what is that small thing inside the recess in the middle of the helicopters underside? Is it a turret of some kind? Sorry if this isn't the place to ask.

Edit: looks like I'm not the only one! :D

Edited by chris64

I just can't believe how beautiful the vehicles look... the huey picture, i thought it's a comparison picture of a real huey for the picture beneath.

looks like the driving physics have been much improved. The LAV-25 jumping bevore lying on its side, looks like a bug on its back :D

Besides this, there's just the beautifuel landscape full of detail. Combined with the news (links below) about how the game runned ~a moth ago, details about what is possible, how it plays and how smooth it runs i just got to say one thing:

I'm pretty confident that this game will give me endless hours of playing, experimenting with the editor, playing around with tanks, aircrafts and whole armys like a little kid in a sandbox, with his toy soldiers. But here you don't just have a sandbox, green soldiers and your imagination, here you got a complex software, and you still can need you're imagination (or just have some mindless fun:yay:).

(in german)

http://armed-assault.de/artikel/arma-2-ersteindruck.html

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit/include.php?path=content/articles.php&contentid=1419&page=1

Edited by Ra!dar

1. I personally really already liked the graphics from Tiscali full review - i couldn't see anything "bad" and with at least Anti Aliasing to "low" it would have looked already x-times better.

2. Credibility of Tiscali?! Claiming the screens are "correct" with 1280x1024 and then really setting it to 4:3 is really laughable :j:

3. As i saw Dsl's Picture i couldn't believe it!!!!!!!! This is sooooooooo beautiful..... LAV like Photo realistic........ And the soldier Models with the detail - wow!!! I don't even want to cheer about the picture with the UH1 from Below... simply superb.... Then realy wheat-fields.... wow wow wow....

4. I still pray that BIS hears a bit about some suggestions from Dsl and other realism lovers... backpack Models without functionality are really odd...... :p:D:cool:

Imagine this awesome Graphics together with some really awesome realism&gameplay improvements - the game for the next few years, definately!