Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

14:26 Breaking News:

29.05.2009 Release in Germany ist not final!

Source and new Publisher Screens

if 29 May was release date in germany I'd do the same thing i did last time and purchase the german version digitally and play that.

eidt - on peter games (one of the distributors listed on arma2 homepage) it lists as may as well. http://petergames.de/Armed-Assault-2.48.0.html

;)

Edited by twisted

Destroyer or Frigate

I can't read czech and half the time the translations don't make sense in google but from what I have understood and seen I am excited to play this.

Destroyer or Frigate

I can't read czech and half the time the translations don't make sense in google but from what I have understood and seen I am excited to play this.

Indeed - Was wondering if you would actually be able to move USS Khe Shan or however its spelled by "driving" but now seeing it is a frigate or something like i believe with some certainty that we can actually move em

Stars Stars not snow my bad. Should've thought that one through.

Good Old NAPA

Edited by Jakerod

I'm puzzled...

Most of the new screens look worse than ARMA1 on mid settings... Bad AA, very sparse grass, some bad trees even. They manage to make it look like Dragon Rising on Xbox... (And that's not good).

Nowhere near the quality of the uber-sexy pics and the last videos I saw... And it seemed to run great.

The quality/density/range of the grass for instance is a mystery. It feels like 2 different games compared even to Dyslecxi screens.

Weird...

Woah, the game looks SO DAMN GOOD.:D:D:D Tiscali mush have f**ked up somethong real bad at settigns. The shots from that german preview are like :eek::eek:

Hi all

I compare the Tiscali shots with all the other Media and my only conclusion is that they do not know how to set up a PC. The failure to set up the correct aspect ratio of the screen could only be achieved by some one without the benefit of eyes.

Just look at the German PC shots they are astounding.

We know that both media had the same preview version.

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit/include.php?path=galerie/pic.php&pid=1153&PHPKITSID=5d12c8361ef7e2e6782a2bb9c7f4f8ea

WOW! :eek: :yay: :bounce3: walker

Hi all

I compare the Tiscali shots with all the other Media and my only conclusion is that they do not know how to set up a PC. The failure to set up the correct aspect ratio of the screen could only be achieved by some one without the benefit of eyes.

Just look at the German PC shots they are astounding.

We know that both media had the same preview version.

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit/include.php?path=galerie/pic.php&pid=1153&PHPKITSID=5d12c8361ef7e2e6782a2bb9c7f4f8ea

WOW! :eek: :yay: :bounce3: walker

True - with no due respect to Tiscali - don't trust anything from them - essentially the late screenshots on very high are awesome - end of story =)

BMP != Battletank

Its same idea in ArmA: Strykers, BMPs, M113s, BRDMs etc do have interiors. Just not the M1, Shilka and T72. What do they have in common? No passengers.

And frankly, as long as there isnt any business in the interior (like switches or mirrors) i have no need for interiors in passenger less vehicles.

Actually, they do, at least for me. In the M113 3D view I can slightly adjust the view direction which in turn will make me see more ground or more sky depending on head tilt.

If only 2D, at least the possibility to choose which 'goggle' to look through, maybe via the numpad keys. I don't expect the 'turn out' feature to be less buggy in ArmA2.

One of those later reviews shows the 'good' old 2D views. Guess we can't win them all...

@Raphier: Maybe they have an easteregg faction? Ents maybe? Lol

Edited by CarlGustaffa

But we all know Tiscali..... the Arma1 review gave only like 60% for Arma1......

That's because it deserved 60%. It was an unpolished PoS that destroyed my confidence in BIS.

I think it's an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer

It most certainly is. :yay:

Hey folks, has this been posted up here yet? One thing that concerns me is that modding tools will not be released with the game. It won't be bad if they only take a few weeks or even a month or two to come out with them, but I hope they don't take as long as they took with ArmA 1's tools.

Dang, that looksa like my friends back yard.. Haha. Nice detail.

To say atleast, I am from village and that does look like backyard, defintely.

Looks like it'll be a good game, but the graphics won't be up to much on most PCs. I fear it won't scale back well, but we'll have to see. Looking forward to playing it :)

I wouldn't put too much trust into the Tiscali performance report.

This is supposedly the rig they used to showcase Arma 2 to journalists in Arma2 boot camp:

#GIGABYTE MA790GP-DS4H

#AMD Phenom 9650 X4 Quad-Core, 2.3GHz

#4GB (KIT 2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz PC8500 CL5-5-5-18 OCZ Platinum Edition XTC

#SAPPHIRE HD 4850 Toxic, 512MB DDR3

#SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.11 500GB

Not a too impressive computer, only 2.3ghz quadcore. I would say its around average for the gaming segment. Since they used it show off Arma 2, It must have been able to handle high graphics with a consistent frame rate.

The Info is from a interview translated by Deadfast.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=71759

A recent preview used these settings: - Intel 3GHz Dualcore CPU, 4GB Ram, Geforce GTX 280 GPU. Graphic settings on high and very high with Full HD support. The viewdistance was set at max 4000m.

Edited by sparks50

^ That link you gave links me to 404 Not Found. It must have shortened the link, and replaced some of it with those 4 periods.

I wouldn't put too much trust into the Tiscali performance report.

This is supposedly the rig they used to showcase Arma 2 to journalists in Arma2 boot camp:

#GIGABYTE MA790GP-DS4H

#AMD Phenom 9650 X4 Quad-Core, 2.3GHz

#4GB (KIT 2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz PC8500 CL5-5-5-18 OCZ Platinum Edition XTC

#SAPPHIRE HD 4850 Toxic, 512MB DDR3

#SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.11 500GB

Not a too impressive computer, only 2.3ghz quadcore. I would say its around average for the gaming segment. Since they used it show off Arma 2, It must have been able to handle high graphics with a consistent frame rate.

The Info is from a interview translated by Deadfast.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....67&postcount=1

A recent preview used these settings: - Intel 3GHz Dualcore CPU, 4GB Ram, Geforce GTX 280 GPU. Graphic settings on high and very high with Full HD support. The viewdistance was set at max 4000m.

nice post count on link