Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I couldn't tell if the reload animation was the same standard Arma 1 type, or a weapon specific one. Perhaps someone will have better luck? Anyway, awesome vids, the sounds and general atmosphere feels great. That modified M240 really seemed to pack a punch.

Well IRL it is very diffrent yes - but as you might now ArmA 1 and 2 does not simulate the entire "Javelin Experience"

Ofcourse, we all know it doesn't simulate weapons or is 'ultimate military simulation'

:rolleyes:

Ofcourse, we all know it doesn't simulate weapons or is 'ultimate military simulation'

:rolleyes:

Indeed - the only game I can think of that simulates Javelin correctly is Americas Army

I couldn't tell if the reload animation was the same standard Arma 1 type, or a weapon specific one. Perhaps someone will have better luck? Anyway, awesome vids, the sounds and general atmosphere feels great. That modified M240 really seemed to pack a punch.

I feel, were getting same (hidden) animation with no actual magazine swapping:cool:

and from what I saw, Cqc is still pain in the ass.:butbut:

Well IRL it is very diffrent yes - but as you might now ArmA 1 and 2 does not simulate the entire "Javelin Experience"

Well yes, here some footage from royal marines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZShFps8Pb40

It should look different, we will see. I think graphics and world is ready now, they should/can improve gameplay things now :)

CM said in DR will have complete Javelin tutorial how to shoot and stuff so I think they try to make pretty real javelin experience, so BIS we will see ;)

Edit: It's pretty good in AA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HStiyVuU-Fk

Edited by Mafia101

Seems that buildings got "damaged" textures. What i don't like is the thing, like in Armed Assault, that some optics you need to hold the zoom button to stay zoomed in. I would like it to even stay in this zoomed state if you stop looking trough the optics, and look trough it later.

The environement is just so stunning! So many details, many different buildings and everything just fits together. The wheater/mood is very nice! From little dusty to sunny and so on... The soundengine seems to be able to simulate quiet things to a freaking war roar! It's coming good, the question is how good :bounce3: (In means of gameplay and possibilitys and and and)

Seems that buildings got "damaged" textures. What i don't like is the thing, like in Armed Assault, that some optics you need to hold the zoom button to stay zoomed in. I would like it to even stay in this zoomed state if you stop looking trough the optics, and look trough it later.

The environement is just so stunning! So many details, many different buildings and everything just fits together. The wheater/mood is very nice! From little dusty to sunny and so on... The soundengine seems to be able to simulate quiet things to a freaking war roar! It's coming good, the question is how good :bounce3: (In means of gameplay and possibilitys and and and)

exactly my point

Ah, what a shame about the Javelin...CoD 4 had it relatively close as well, from what I can see when comparing it to America's Army. Is it possible to mod the CLU in?

Those pictures in the preview too were a bit disturbing. Considering the 8800GTX supposedly being on "very high" settings... of course by the looks of it, with no AA. Also, the icons for soldiers are stil wayyyy wayy wayyy too BIG.

Agreed about the icons but a bit confused by a few posts that talk about AA being turned off.

I run an 8800GTS, run ArmA at my screens native resolution 1600x1050 and dont see any difference beween AA low and AA Very High until the picture starts moving and then still barely detectable.

Maybe I'm confused about wich screenys they are refering too. So much in such a short space of time. Argh!

Also I had another thought about the C-130 thing. Besides being a good prop to add atmosphere to the single player campaign (something many felt the first one was lacking) it also may prove and provide a platform example to the community for new systems in ArmA such as working cargo (fingers crosed). Which in my book is reason enough to warrant its existance.

Ah, what a shame about the Javelin...CoD 4 had it relatively close as well, from what I can see when comparing it to America's Army. Is it possible to mod the CLU in?

Well yes - correct me if I'm wrong but is there not already that kind of mod for ArmA 1?

:eek: I would pay BI extra $10 if that's what all weapon sounds like

For those fretting about the javelin, yes a realistic version can be modded in:

PhilippRauch is working on a Javelin, its not released yet though. This is how it should have been done:

But there is a problem with modding features in - on most of the servers out there, they turn out to be incompatible with the server. If a 3rd party could mod them in, why can't BIS?

To have an inaccurate scope on the Javelin is a bit of a let down after all the realism we have seen attached to the ArmA name. Even if the CLU didn't function, something other than a bunch of mil-dots would be BRILLIANT.

Let me state again, as I have said elsewhere on these forums - I love realism, and I understand where cuts may be made for gameplay purposes. I don't expect to have avionics that are 100% realistic, nor have tank systems to rival Steel Beasts.

But to have a proper sight for the Javelin would improve gameplay - not harm it.

Edited by An-225

The whole atmoshphere with sounds and landscape combined in this video is just incredible, cant wait to hear how they will replace those robotic voices though...

PS. Audio seems to lag behind in all his videos or is it just me?

The whole atmoshphere with sounds and landscape combined in this video is just incredible, cant wait to hear how they will replace those robotic voices though...

PS. Audio seems to lag behind in all his videos or is it just me?

No it does lag

Have you guys seen that vids:

ArmA2 countryside (PC Dome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk-mlGLvmIo

YouTube - ArmA2 Urban Fight preview version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjZUQ-WJUmY

YouTube - ArmA2 building destruction test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK2WDKLn6Fo

Next time i'll make a full list of the links :icon_smile:

(No offence, i thought it might have been a mistake just linking one and say there's more)

Mein God, the "new" building destruction is the same crap! The CQC is still shitty and I could go on and go on, but everything it's the same as in ArmA1...

Perfect!

Edited by Benoist
Typo

Mein God, the "new" building destruction is the same crap! The CQC is still shitty and I could go on and go on, but it's the same as ArmA1...

Perfect!

CQB is the same as ArmA and OFP yes - as all arma and ofp fans have played it - whats wrong with it?