Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

I'm not to sure what we have all done, as chammy doesn't tell me till he has it ALL done.

So i can't give an accurate estimation,

but.. if i were to say, hmm..

A month, maybe two.

Got a couple more videos to show y'all,

What do you think of this AK?  

New AK Sound

What do you think of these M240Golfs?

M240 Golf V.1

M240 Golf V.2

And, do you like this M249 sound or the other one?

M249 V.2

Other one..

M249V.1(shown earlier)

I like the ak-47 more, can't find the video of the first ak-47 sound but i liked that one too. as in the VERY first one, where the explosions weren't even in yet I think...

AK47 is ok.

and i prefer:

M240 Golf V.2

M249 V.1

if you have lots of choices and would like to have a public opinion, why not make a poll?

AK GREAT

M249- The one you posted earlier was the best

this one -http://files.filefront.com/M249wmv/;8574484;/fileinfo.html

M240 V2

Awweesomeness

The AH-6 sound isn't even close to real the one really, but I'm a detail freak about them because I've spent so much time working around the Hughes 500. If you wanted I could give you the unreleased sound I made that is from a recording of a Hughes 500. I also made one from a recording of a blackhawk. For the AH-1Z I couldn't find any sounds for it so I used a Bell 407 and slightly lowered the pitch.

Edit: here is a quick video I made, there is a little distortion from fraps or the movie maker but its pretty close.

http://files.filefront.com/armaheliwmv/;8575522;/fileinfo.html

So PM me if you want to try any of the sounds.

I checked that one out and what it sounds like is as if it a regular heli sound sped up a little too fast biggrin_o.gif , though, tis very close to the AH6. NoRailGunner has that one vid and which is a bit more to the T. Thanks though for the offer, I really appreciate it.

You know what, if you'd like we can include it with another one of the sound bites, since there is like 5 different AH6 sound bites that the game uses.

I talked to a clan memeber about the weapons and give him the link since he know a great deal about the weapons. He said the AK one sounds bad@ss. M249 V.1 need a higher pitch and the M240 Golf V.1 is closer then the v2.

The AK is awesome! (IMHO, the grenade has too much bass)

The 240 V1 and the 249 v2 'for teh win' (help me - I spoke 'leet'wink_o.gif

thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

Just a quick question Chammy yay.gif

This may have been answered earlier in the topic, but theres a lot of posts to go through if you know what I mean lol...

Anyways... I can't for the love of god remember which rifle it is, but one of the rifles (m203) doesn't work when I enable CSM. When I say it doesn't work, I mean it doesn't work when you try to fire off a grenade from the launcher. If I use your very first beta version everything seems fine crazy_o.gif

Any ideas matey? Also before you ask, I have the newest version, and the fixed config file smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I checked that one out and what it sounds like is as if it a regular heli sound sped up a little too fast biggrin_o.gif , though, tis very close to the AH6. NoRailGunner has that one vid and which is a bit more to the T. Thanks though for the offer, I really appreciate it.

You know what, if you'd like we can include it with another one of the sound bites, since there is like 5 different AH6 sound bites that the game uses.

You can use any of those sounds however you want if you think there is a use for them, whatever you want to do. The video that NoRailGunner posted you are hearing about 80 percent tail rotor, its that high pitch buzz. It sounds different depending where you are standing but you can barely even hear the M/R blades in that video. The sound I have is an unaltered recording of a Hughes 500D in a hover which has the same rotor system as the MH-6 in use by the Army. They literally sound as you described, a regular heli sped up a little to fast. The reason being is they have 5, relatively small blades running at nearly 500 RPM. Anyway my point being, if you want it to sound like a real one, don't try to make it sound like any other helicopter because its sound is very distinct, but don't make it sound like we are flying a giant tail rotor either. Think more along the lines of this:

Thats a Hughes 500C, which means it only has 4 blades but having heard both of them hundreds of times I can tell you they sound almost the same.

Ok I thread hijacked enough, that AK47 sound is absolutely awesome.

LOL , awesome and thanks. Yeah, well, the thing I was trying to capture is not so much the sound when in side the heli but also out side, a sound in between being heard from a distance and inside or near. What do u think of this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

Sorta the same as I am doing for the weapons, near and far.

Gafffa, yeah, I have addressed that to Durg about it and it should be fixed though, itried it with the 2nd Beta part and the 203 works fine.

is teh beta v2 the same that i downloaded when u first released the mod, or have u updated the mod at somepoint???

It could be a version problem in ArmA itself. I have 1.08.

Thought so wink_o.gif

Just to point out, some of the m203 rifles work, its just the one that ive come across. Even though you have 8 HE rounds, it shows up saying you don't have any. confused_o.gif

BTW, nice video. wink_o.gif Like Flat said, Shooter is a great film biggrin_o.gif

- AK74: Sounds cool.

- M240G: I prefer version 1.

- M249: I prefer the first version.

btw here is complete starting sequence sound for MD-500E

very loud ... wonder if all military versions are so loud too