Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

chammysmod-1.jpg

STANDALONE CHAMMYS SOUND MOD - RELEASED!!!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Changes: V2 Beta Stand-alone

Chaictor sounds added

M82 Sounds added

New explostion sound for LGB

New explostion sound for 20mm and 25mm

New explostion sound for mines

Added more supersonic cracks

New M203 reload sound

INSTALL:

Open the zip folder,

Move @CSM to you arma derectory

Add the command line to you're target line in you're shortcut

Done. have fun!!

NO TAMPERING WITH THE SOUNDS OF THIS MOD, DO NOT USE ON YOU'RE OWN MOD WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Credits:

Chammy - Sounds, awsome man!!

Durg78 - Config work, made this posibile!!

EvenLease - Beta testing making sure everything is there

HAVE FUN!!!

Download V2 Chammys Sound mod, stand alone!!

Take this file here Below the main mod download and replace the config with this one. The one in the main mod dl had 2 bugs in it, but now all is fixed with this updated config, take the config, go to, @CSM/ADDONS/ Delete the other config.pbo and put this new one there. Done.

Config Fix

Three new mirrors,

http://rapidshare.com/files/42874384/CSM.rar.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6MAICPRC

Thanks Ateryu82!

Armed Assault Zone

Combat-Prison.net

Thanks AAZ!

NO TAMPERING WITH THE SOUNDS OF THIS MOD, DO NOT USE ON YOU'RE OWN MOD WITHOUT PERMISSION.

FEEDBACK -PLEASE!!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Complete Military Vehicle sounds --- 50% --- Chammy Only military vehicles will be replaced in this version

Vehicle sound config ----------------- 80% --- Durg78 Add Vehicle Sounds to config

Sound Volumes ---------------------- 0% --- Chammy Adjust sound volumes

Fix weapon sounds ------------------ 10% --- Chammy M4, M240 Coax(m1a1), G36 Family.... and more ...

Add more weapon sounds ----------- 45% --- Chammy Artillery shell whizing by you're head, tank rounds whizing by, More....

Create a BattleField ------------------ 30% --- EvenLease Creat a mission for public that would present the mod

Regression tests ---------------------- 0% ---- Chammy/Durg78/Even Test mod to make sure of no bugs

Release 1.0 -------------------------- 31% --- Chammy/Durg78/Even Vehicle/Character/Weapon sounds - Section 6-14

FX studio ------------------------------- 0% --- Durg78/EvenLease Grenade Effects/Artillary Effects/Explosion FX

Release 2.0 -------------------------- 14% --- Chammy/Durg78/Even Total Conversion Mod - Section 22 - 30

Complete new template --------------- 3% --- EvenLease Complete new menu/background/music

Complete Weapon Sounds ---------- 20% --- Chammy/Durg78 Complete all weapons for the mod - No further editing required.

Complete Vehicle Sounds ------------ 15% --- Chammy/Durg78 Complete all vehicles for the mod - No further editing required.

Complete BattleField ----------------- 30% --- EvenLease Complete public mission that mod will present

Complete FX Studio ------------------- 0% --- Durg78/EvenLease Complete Effects

DL'ing now, will report back in the next day or so (thanks again!wink_o.gif

in rar file there are a lot of .wss sounds. I thought you will make it as a mod?

Will defo give feedback  yay.gifsad_o.gif will take 5 hours to download at this speed sad_o.gif

in rar file there are a lot of .wss sounds. I thought you will make it as a mod?

Tis a beta, rough draft more like it, but since I will need more feedback in order to get it finnished, then I can pack it with a selfinstaller to install as with mod folders or full replacements, thanks with the trusted help from Evenlease, and others who have suggested different options and help as well, thank you. I want this to be primo as much as possible, so that is another reason it has taken so long, its like picking coffee beans for perfect coffee, picking awesome combat footage for awesome sound is hard to come by. I want to first, make a total replacement for all teh sounds then make a standalone with a mod folder so sounds do not clash with other mods if used.

Downloading NOW! Yes! I'm downloading it!

Thank you!

Abs notworthy.gif

downloaded in 2.48 sec

also - that download counter is borked.

will check 2morrow

Well ive had a few firefights, and i must say it will need a bit of getting used too, is it possible to add a bit more Crack to the sounds, erm a little bit more echo but apart from that it sounds supurb indeed, oh and will you be introducing your Radio Sounds as well like the static Beep Beep?

Great! smile_o.gif

I have downloaded it, but how the heck can I install it... sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

"Listen, and carfully, when you download, you will have a bunch of WSS files, you will have to copy the weapons.pbo, put it in a mod folder, open it, go to data/sound, replace all sounds, re-pbo."

Give more detailed instructions, please. What tools etc... (?)

I tried to create the pbo and I ran into an error.

I use the total commander pbo plugin, it always worked fine

Can't find a weapons.paa or something, the game crashed to desktop.

edit: worls fine now, I use PBOview now

I tried to create the pbo and I ran into an error.

I use the total commander pbo plugin, it always worked fine

Can't find a weapons.paa or something, the game crashed to desktop.

use, this tool, http://armed-assault.net/downloads/kegetys-arma-tools.html#download

REMEMBER, copy the weapons.pbo, put it in a mod folder, make sure ure not using any other mod that uses a weapons.pbo,

Unpbo the one in the mod folder, go to data/sound, replace all WSS files with the ones u dled, re-pbo, done.

"Listen, and carfully, when you download, you will have a bunch of WSS files, you will have to copy the weapons.pbo, put it in a mod folder, open it, go to data/sound, replace all sounds, re-pbo."

Give more detailed instructions, please. What tools etc... (?)

1) Download MakePBO v1.1 and UnPBO v1.5

2) Download the sound files for the mod.

3) Copy your weapons.pbo (found in ArmA\AddOns\weapons.pbo) into a mod folder, i.e. @ChammySoundMod\addons

4) UnPBO the copied weapons.pbo using UnPBO v1.5

5) Replace all the .wss files in Data\Sound with the ones in Chammy's Mod.

6) RePBO the weapons folder using MakePBO v1.1

7) Add the mod folder name to your ArmA shortcut's target line, i.e. -mod=@ChammySoundMod

(Keep in mind, the RePBO process will take a while.)

I can never get Kegetys pbo tools to work.. Looks like they would be great, just never functions for me... confused_o.gif  (un/makepbo is hustling it's little ass off for me right now though! biggrin_o.gif  )

Edit: just a major 'duh' moment.. CPBO = CREATE pbo... just shoot me.

Works fine now, i don't have to use a modfolder.

I use Arma PBOview, it automatically creates a backup from the pbo file before packing

edit: AK-74 needs some work. Feed back is too noisy, I can't feel that specific scary AK fire sound.

Machineguns are pretty good.

Thanks a lot Thomas, I appreciate it. smile_o.gif  thumbs-up.gif I'm RePBO'ing right now. biggrin_o.gif

Btw I didn't understand the Kegeteys version...? Didn't work at all for me? crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

Re-PBO*ing takes forever though. How long is that process supposed to take anyway? 1 hour..?

yeh lol, its a bit confusing lol. Well, waitin on more feedback.

News ALERT. This is, the offical BETA.

No more time limit. MIRRORS welcome

Hey Blanco how are ya, long time no see.

Yes, there is a certain way to pbo it into your ArmA addons folder and its not like teh old fashioned way as we did with OFP, you will actually have to unpbo the original weapons.pbo then extract the files from the dta_sound into > weapons folder > data > sound. THEN , with the cpbo tool thanks to Kegety, you will repack or "create pbo" while you are in the addons folder and click yes to re-write. Make sure you have backed up your original sound pbo and renamed it or stuck it into a rar. file, just in case you do not like my sound thing-a-ma-jig. Easy as pie.

Re-PBO*ing takes forever though. How long is that process supposed to take anyway? 1 hour..?

It shouldnt take but a minute or less, depending on your system specs.

edit: AK-74 needs some work. Feed back is too noisy, I can't feel that specific scary AK fire sound.

Machineguns are pretty good.

Ahhh good goood, I sit with a pin and paper. Yes, the AK was just thrown in to see how it would suond in a fire fight and such. It is a bit brash. ALthough I want it to be distinct from the Dragonuv, though, in real life situation its not much different from an AK47, just longer barrel. Thanks Blanco