EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Chammy soundmod weapons.pbo

Part 1 (61Mb)

http://www.mediafire.com/?0fwvzjbk3nt

Part 2 (95Mb)

http://www.mediafire.com/?3n0z2mcum2w

Instructions :

Download both parts and unzip ONLY part 1, part 2 will be unpacked automatically. Make sure both parts are stored at the same location.

Make a backup of the original weapons.pbo and replace with the new one.

I fixed my problem. There was a conflict with one of my other addons. All sorted out.

I'm in the process of .raring and uploading everything to FileCloud and hosting it up on Total Armed Assault.

These are my new sounds. I love 'em! (now that they work).

lol in the first sound folder.. That was my problem.. deleted it to see, and it's pretty useless. just have the one folder, data\sounds now and get good response.

They are pretty nice, although the m16 and the AK are a bit too 'blobby' IMO, a sharper, more metallic sound would make it more satisfying to fire them. smile_o.gif

Chammy- you've done it again my man!

Playing Arma with your sounds, sickboy's (all who were involved) tracers/blood etc... with a great mission like OTK is just gaming heaven inlove.gif

Maybe a little more bass and notch up the volume when firing is all it needs but it's got that percussive feel that I've been wanting for so long.

So how do we add the parts together?

Both files are up, check my edited post on the previous page.

EvEnLeaSe44, it's better you put these links and instructions in your opening post...

done, instructions and files are on 1st page 1st post.

thanks again!  wink_o.gif

We should all get on a server and rock on with these sounds.

post an ip and ill join!

nice thing. well done. looking forward to vehicles sounds.

agreed on m16/m4 and ak sounds to be too faint.

also: IMO the explosions/impact sounds have WAY too much echo. when hitting grounds with a m136 or rpg, there's too much echo waves "rolling". the last one is too much, I think. And it clips too early. At least it sounds, as if it was cut without a proper fade-out. Less echo may be better. Maybe Dragunov could be more metallic and sharper (more bass?), too.

Well I just want to let yall know that this is Beta form, I didnt want to dissapoint anyone by not putting the same sound effects they heard in the video in the pack, though they will be there, I still have some adjustments to do, I need to know whether the bass is coming out at all in what you guys hear on your own computers since my speakers are different from everyone elses, plus, I didnt want to put too much bass to allot of the rifles, I will mind you, make another version, one with more exagerated sound effects for you "needing to hear the power of the weapons and sounds" fans, that is easy to do.

AS for the AT impacts or, just the overall impacts sound having too much echo, there is a substantial ammount, but though, beings the surraoundings and enviroument that ArmA is in less might suit it better, BUT, then others want echo to it. I stated earlier on in my last thread in the addons beta discussions that I will make another sound mod that has less echo for those who want , that way there will be 3 versions, something for everyone.

well got it all working finally... was it worth the wait? and the pbo unpacking hassle?

hell yes!

its amazingly atmospheric, and does make arma combat slightly more unnerving again.

my only issues (and this seems to be echo'd by a few here already)

1) m4/16/ak sounds need a bit of a boost

2) mp5sd just doesnt feel right - bit too tinney

3) reload of bolt on m24 can be heard from miles away

4) ah-6 minigun at 4000rpm just sounds like a sped up m249 - and really diff to 2000rpm

Do disagree with the 'too much echo' stuff. I reckon its just right. All the grenades/rockets/RPG's are superb.

anyway... must get back to toying around biggrin_o.gif

thx to Chammy and EvEn etc for all the work theyve put in so far. its shaping up to be something very special.

AS for the AT impacts or, just the overall impacts sound having too much echo, there is a substantial ammount, but though, beings the surraoundings and enviroument that ArmA is in less might suit it better, BUT, then others want echo to it.

Please don't mess up the current sounds on the AT-4/RPG-7. They sound stunning and the same with it's impact/explosion sound. Even though the detonation could have been a bit louder.

Quote[/b] ]I stated earlier on in my last thread in the addons beta discussions that I will make another sound mod that has less echo for those who want , that way there will be 3 versions, something for everyone.

Three different versions? biggrin_o.gif

Got to love this forum, you know... when i got the go ahead from chammy yesterday to release this mod, i about had a heart attack, then a major hyper moment resulting back to a heart attack.

When i finally released it, within the last 2 days Ive seen many faces light up, some turned blue with sadness.

I'm happy to help in any way guys. Love this community!

"Do disagree with the 'too much echo' stuff. I reckon its just right"

I second that! No echo and the weapons sound like they are being fired in a room.

This soundpack is the greatest thing since Dynamic Range, i especially love the the m240 and m249  inlove.gif i have no idea how they sound in rl but these are the the kind of sounds that make you feel like your in a battlefield and not just playing a game.

Great job!

Just another point, the artillary explosions arent loud enough and they dont have that BOOM effect. You know when u stand next to an old cannon or something, and it fires and its like ur heart jus missed a beat cos if the vibration? Thats what i'm looking for :P

I'm jus bein really picky, i mean, the rest is sooo good (especially the miniguns biggrin_o.gif:D, though only the default sound for 4000rpm).

So dont use a mod folder I found out. wink_o.gif

So I got it working and wow...nice job!

Agree with the sounds being too quiet but I really like how the atmosphere changes using this. Much much better.

thumbs-up.gif

The ones I just posted a using a mod folder, and it works great for me.

Everything in my download (for TotalArmA) includes the needed files already pbo'ed and in there own addon folder.

I finally got arround to test this, amazing work gives you a great fealing of being under fire...

can't finish my testing tonight though, had headphones on at way to high volume, now I hear nothing byt bells ringing... the m203 grenades are really loud...

Finally got it working, I'd renamed the old weapons to OLDWEPS.pbo and then after I moved it to my backups folder it worked rofl.gif

I was playing COOP (evo) and i got that error.

Sound six breathe missing something like that. Just for info.