Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

here are the changes in the standalone release,

Character sounds added

M82 sounds added

Vehicle sounds waiting to be added

(i think)Fixed weapon sounds added.

Stand Alone run in mod folder without use of any large pbos.

Maybe more

whistle.gif

I say dont worry about the vehicle sounds especially if it will delay the standalone. I dont care about them for the most part. If they were never to change at all I wouldnt lose any sleep over it. And they can always be released in the next standalone or version. My main enjoyment comes from the atmosphere of the firefights and supersonic cracks. I asked Chammy to post the video of the firefight as a comparison to the real life video on Dyslexis website. And I was impressed at what he had achieved, I dont feel the vehicle sounds are a necessary part of the atmosphere created by his sound modifications. So please dont delay the standalone for something that doesnt add anything to that atmosphere. Just my 2 cents!

I vote for 1, if will not cause you any trouble.

Btw, thanks Chammy and you EvEnLeaSe44 for this masterpiece!

ah heres an update that yall might like,

this will not be in this release of the standalone but an update of future releases,

New Grenade Effects to match Real world experience

New tank rounds whizzing by you're head like in ecp

New Artillery rounds whizzing by you're head like in ecp

New Shell-shock when explosives blow near you

Remember, this is not coming in this version of the standalone... this will be future release! So, after all this is turning into more a mod then just a sound mod!

Sounds like icing on an already beautiful cake! thumbs-up.gif I look forward to the future releases of this mod with great anticipation and hope. inlove.gif

hi, I vote for 1 as i'm having the same downloading problems as NsurgNt. so the sooner i can sample the better. I'm itching to find out what the fuss is about.

alright, 1 it is then,

here will be the changes in the release,

added character sounds

added m82

now standalone

in the next release witch will now be a patch will include,

added vehicle sounds

new weapon sounds

ETA on first standalone release,

within the next 3 hours is all i can say! stay tunned!

Ahh great news, Even. And great work, Chammy.

Keep it up, guys. smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

OK this is the final update on information then I'm releasing the stand alone,

The first version of the stand alone is like stated,

Added character sounds

Added M82 Sound

Now stand alone.

the next version will be like this,

Added a lot of new sounds

Added Vehicle sounds,

And more!! SOON RELEASE ON STANDALONE, stay tuned!

yes it sure is, btw guys, we will not be releasing in the next hour or two, its going to take alittle more time cause we are making each explosion have there own kick arse sound, and maybe, maybe  whistle.gif , switching out a couple gun sounds.

we are also changing the tone of the walky coming on and off, and the beep of the tank  yay.gif

EDIT// I know i just threw this together now, but for a beginner what ya think???

chammysmod-1.jpg

It's incredible!

My 2c,

The M4 sound ends too abruptly, can it be more like the M16 sound where you here the 'woosh' of the round for a little bit?

Also, can the M203 grenade reload be a little bit shorter? The guy is finished reloading and you can still hear reloading sounds?

I LOVE it though! biggrin_o.gif

You know Chammys sound mod has made Arma 10 times more enjoyable than the default sounds THANK YOU CHAMMY SIR! MY HAT GOES OFF TO YOU!

Doesnt look like the standalone is gonna happen tonight. confused_o.gif Has anyone gotten the mediafire 2 part download to work??? I'm still getting invalid or corrupt with every download from that site.....

actuly it is coming tonight, i'm releasing in the next 30 minutes.

uploading to file front in the next 20 minutes   yay.gif

Its friday the 13th you should wait till the witching hour seems like an appropriate time given the superstitous nature of the day! But 30 mins is cool, I just hope the download works for me, I've downloaded the other files six times now to no avail. I think i'll say a prayer to the download gods before I make the attempt to retrieve this file! Thanks again for all the effort and time yall have put into this. I am looking forward to some action tonight maybe ill see yall in game. pistols.gif

BTW nice slogan for the mod! It might be comforting to know if the modding career doesnt work out, you always have a future in the advertising industry. yay.gif But I hope you'll stick with modding. wink_o.gif

BTW nice slogan for the mod!

That slogan was from WGL for OFP for quite some time.

I hope they dint trademark it crazy_o.gif He might be forced to change it to something like "All realism All the time" or "When nothing but realism is acceptable" or "As real as it gets"  BTW feel free to use any of these quotes as they are not in any way affiliated with the WGL or OFP.  nener.gif

Guys before i give out a dl link here cause its still uploading, my fricken Internet is slow today,

I'd like to welcome Durg78 to Chammy Sound Mod team, he is the guy responsible for making this mod go standalone, i want every one to start including him in the thank you's, if it weren't for him, we wouldn't have standalone for months.

Thanks again Durg78, welcome to the team!!