Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

I'd imagine someone will post an update when there is something to tell. Who knows though, maybe Chammy has news for us and just decided to wait until someone asks before he tells us. biggrin_o.gif

Just having some fun here.

I reckon this mod is dead as chammy has shown no activity at all for like 2 or 3 months :P

dont get me wrong its an awesome sound mod but maybe a little more respect for your fans would be nice (to chammy) and maybe an update weekly or something just so we know we are not waiting for something that isnt going to happen!

you could as well fill the gap by learning to script yourself, collect samples and finish off yer own "soundmod" (like I try) or do other addons. There's lots of very good material from other (sound-)mods, too. As long as you don't release any of this "selfmade" stuff and use it for personal pleasure and "learning effect", I think it's ok. I asked chammy a long time ago.

I reckon this mod is dead as chammy has shown no activity at all for like 2 or 3 months :P

dont get me wrong its an awesome sound mod but maybe a little more respect for your fans would be nice (to chammy) and maybe an update weekly or something just so we know we are not waiting for something that isnt going to happen!

I think the respect issue should be the other way around. It could be possible that he has more important real life issues to deal with or just doesn't have the drive to get back to the grueling process of updating the mod. Of course I have no clue since I don't know him personally. Whatever the reason, we should respect the fact that he has a life to live. I'm sure when there is some news to give, there will be an update.

Believe me, I'm eagerly awaiting some news too. And I'd love to see the next version as much as anyone. But out of respect for the man's personal life, I'll wait for him to provide any updates on his own terms. But that's just my opinion, to each his own.

Carry on, I'm out.

He deosnt have to respect anyone.. he doesnt have to do anything for anyone for that matter.. Now if he was getting paid to do it, then it would be another matter..

Jesus man... the guy has a family and its christmas.. Its when you spend your most time with your family.. give him a break he is just living his life not trying to satisfiy nerds.. all day everyday.

And nothings Dead Untill Thy Creator Says So.. so dont post stupid opinions...

And on topic i look forward to the update.

well i personally think that if someone doesnt or cant post just to say that he is busy then they are quite rude :P

i mean it takes what like 20 seconds to post?

i am looking forward to this mod but am a tad disappointed because he fired up the sound making community with a good mod then sort of just disapperas of the face of the earth letting dozens of people spend large amount of time posting ridiculous posts like this one in vain that he will come back just to let us know that he is busy or give us an update!

EDIT: oh and would never make a sound mod cos i really cant do it as well and someone else will always do it better so yeah . . .

Isn't it more ridiculous to bump and guess about Chammys Sound Mod like you do? icon_rolleyes.gif

Remember those well known words:

"It's done when it's done!" biggrin_o.gif

Does Santa arrive earlier only because you like/impatience?

I completely understand its the winter holidays, time to spend with family etc. but it would be nice to get a simple update or just a post saying hes not dead or something...

yeah lkike apache said im not being impatient just a post saying about why he isnt active or something just so we know what is happening :P

I completely understand its the winter holidays, time to spend with family etc. but it would be nice to get a simple update or just a post saying hes not dead or something...

That's kind of morbid, but true.

?! It's a sound mod! It just changes sounds. You can survive without an update. Build a few missions or something. tounge2.gif

Common guys just leave Chammy Alone, if it's school then he would have been working hard on essays, etc then i'm sure he'd want to spend christmas with his family, etc.

People will now see this Topic Back up and everyone will click it hoping for an update/release and there will be none just like myself. So maybe let this topic sink back down until a REAL update comes up smile_o.gif

Daniel @ Dec. 16 2007,19:15)]?! It's a sound mod! It just changes sounds. You can survive without an update. Build a few missions or something. tounge2.gif

whoa whoa whoa.

It is actually the most orgasmic addon to ever hit arma, so shush you non believer!

Look, the mod is cool and all and a lot of people are looking forward to it... but the man said he was releasing it weeks ago. We waited that weekend because he said he was delivering something... and when he didn't, he saw no reason to update anyone?

Please. The community should show respect to the guys making the mods... but it works both ways. If you promise something and then can't deliver it, SAY SOMETHING.

ich liebe mein fussball hausaufgaben auf die bummen geblieben . . .

yeah a word just saying that he is still alive would be nice :P although i am quite happy with the FDF sound pack for the minute!

I don't think he ever promised to release it that weekend. I believe It was his goal to do so. I could be wrong though.

well i am actually quite bored with chammy and his promises . . . i mean all it takes is a few clicks and a few button presses to say "i wont be on for a while sorry people" and a lot of people know not to keep watching a thread filled with ridiculous high hopers that cant even be bothered to do anything but watch and wait for chammy's return!

(btw i know someone who ALWAYS has this thread open in the hopes of chammy :P but he is really sad so yeah)

EDIT: anyway when was chammy's last release and can someone link me to it?

Chammy's sound mod is NOT dead

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_n106PUDIPg

Read the comments

quote from chammy

"Wow, that is impressive! SO now with the new veggie fix, the AI can see enemy better through some vegitation or is it better concealment? Yikes, I didnt know the M14 sounded that way. I forgot to change it in the first Beta, well it has been changed in the next Beta to come, soon, I know I keep saying that sad_o.gif"

quote from arma vidz

"Still working on it. sad_o.gif The only thing I can offer you is that having the sounds that will be used in the next beta(version) the difference the sounds make are just...phenomonal :O

Cham just wants them as perfect as possible. The newest stuff you hear in my vids, will be in the new version, unless better ones surface between the vid release dates and the release of CSM smile_o.gif"

1 week ago

well i am actually quite bored with chammy and his promises . . . i mean all it takes is a few clicks and a few button presses to say "i wont be on for a while sorry people" and a lot of people know not to keep watching a thread filled with ridiculous high hopers that cant even be bothered to do anything but watch and wait for chammy's return!

(btw i know someone who ALWAYS has this thread open in the hopes of chammy :P but he is really sad so yeah)

EDIT: anyway when was chammy's last release and can someone link me to it?

Try the first post on the first page. Usually that's where people put the links to there stuff.

Edit: Oops. Sorry for the repeat. oChaos.DNJ already answered it. My fault.

AH OK THEN WELL IF HE IS STILL ALIVE AND HAS NOT BEEN TAKEN DOWN BY A RUSSIAN SWAT TEAM AND THE MOD IS COMING OUT SOONISH OR AT LEAST A BETA I AM HAPPY. BTW I CBA TO TAKE CAPS LOCK OFF

+1 WL for writing in all capital letters. The last sentence clearly shows that you give a f*ck about the forum rules.

Now look what you went and made me do. If Chammy wants to update the thread he can PM a mod to open the thread.