Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

No it doesnt, i just got off of a server and it works fine, I got the same messege though.

yeah, its being worked on as we speak.

OK, community, i need a little feedback here if you can.

Just answer these questions and it will be helped greatly,

1. How does it feel when you're in combat with the latest version of the mod?

2. In you're opinion what do you think could be added to help the feeling of battle?

3. Why did you choose this mod? and now that you have chosen this mod, was it worth it?

Just answer those 3 questions so we can get a better feel for what the community wants, you do not have to answer em. no biggy really.

What a great community! Thank you to everyone who responded. Each post helped clarify the process very much! notworthy.gif

Fortunately I hadn't tried to install it myself, because now I feel I know what needs to be done. Thank you again to you all.

I'm off to install and enjoy this great mod! yay.gif

Cheers,

Darryl

No it doesnt, i just got off of a server and it works fine, I got the same messege though.

I just tried playing evolution (got the same message) and all the weapons where messed up. I have access to weapons i shouldnt be able to use

do i leave your edited weapons.pbo in arma/addons or should i put that back to the original for this mod folder version? which is what I have done

I just tried playing evolution (got the same message) and all the weapons where messed up. I have access to weapons i shouldnt be able to use

do i leave your edited weapons.pbo in arma/addons or should i put that back to the original for this mod folder version? which is what I have done

the problem might solve if you use the config base one, it doesnt required to have modded weapon.pbo and such

Yes, put the original BIS files back in place. I guess this was never clearly stated. You should never place any 3rd party PBO's in your arma/addons folder. Those instructions were given earlier, prior to my joining the team, and prior to this becoming a standalone mod.

As far as evolution goes.. you may have been playing on a modified version. Some servers play an "unraked" version, so you can have access to nearly everything rather quickly.

If this is not what you meant by "all the weapons were messed up", then please clearify.

Btw, welcome Durg.  Always good to have more guys on a mod team. thumbs-up.gif

Anyway great work guys. smile_o.gif The installation was very easy.

----

Anyway some feedback for changes/improvements: *Playing in editor, so I'm writing a lot off stuff down*

- The "beep-beep-beep" alarm is still on the tanks. sad_o.gif

- The M4 Carbine is still unchanged. The echo sound stops way to fast.

- Looking forward to other vechile-sounds.

- The M240 MG on the M1A1 Abrams, has the same problem as the M4 Carbine. Echo stops way to fast.

- The Shilka don't have impact sound from it's rounds hitting the ground.

- The Browning 50.caliber Machinegun seems a bit unfinished.

- Change the impact sounds on the rokcets mounted on Choppers. The Hellfires and the FFAR's impact sounds, sound totally alike.

- The volume on the 30mm Gun on the BMP-2, needs to be raised a bit.

- The reload sound on the M203 and the GP-25 is way to slow for the reload-animation.

- The AK-74 needs improvement.

- I like the new GBU-12 impact sound, however it don't sound loud and brutal enough. biggrin_o.gif

Inspiration for you:

|

Posetive Stuff:

- The volume seems to be upped/louder on most weapons and other stuff.

- Impact sound on the 20-30mm's sounds nice.

- Grenades and Grenade-launchers sound very good.

- Firefights still sound kickass off course.

- Your MOD is still my first choice, by far. smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I dont notice any change to weapon volume at all? huh.gif

----

Most of the sound are very nice

***GBU is low, Messed with my eq a bit so it does not sound so bad now

The Vulcan impact sound is very very loud. I cant even hear the gun fire over it when it hits at close range.

The SVD reload sound is still way loud also. Its louder then the gun fire also.

The M24 is alot louder then the SVD. I was right next to the svd and the m24 sound was way over it.

Did you remake the a10 cannon sound? Its would seem from what I have heard on videos that it should have more of a buzz sound.

The fire fights are great though, and overall its a very good sound mod.

thanks R71, if you check the status link at the bottom of my Sig you can see i have added it to the Bug list and all is being worked on right now.

Thanks for you're feedback, and we are happy to bring a better arma experience home to you!

When Realism matters, right?

Thanks again everyone!

thanks R71, if you check the status link at the bottom of my Sig you can see i have added it to the Bug list and all is being worked on right now.

Thanks for you're feedback, and we are happy to bring a better arma experience home to you!

When Realism matters, right?

Thanks again everyone!

Oh that you all have done for sure  biggrin_o.gif

I just put back in the one you put out before this, and I notice all of the crack sounds seem to be gone in the new version.

I have another person going over the sound mod now just to make sure its not my drivers or sound card that makes some of the things sound off.

M203 sound is good but the up close sound is low.

A10 sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

OK, community, i need a little feedback here if you can.

Just answer these questions and it will be helped greatly,

1. How does it feel when you're in combat with the latest version of the mod?

2. In you're opinion what do you think could be added to help the feeling of battle?

3. Why did you choose this mod? and now that you have chosen this mod, was it worth it?

1. Feels bloody good!

2. Maybe radio vehicle/helo chatter?

3. Saw the vid posted weeks ago,and yes twas well worth the wait!

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

alright guys, a little story here for ya...

I just got out of a multi player game with this guy superman,

OK... any so when i get in the sever, i start with my usual "hey guys, even here.. whats up??"

and he goes, "oh great, a fu*king moder, i hate you pigs, sit around all day wasting you're life modding for a game that doesnt even have population.. get a life you f*g.."

So i start playing and he keeps going on, and on, and on... finally it started to piss me off...

I hope i don't run into any more people like that, it just makes me want to hault what i do and walk away. It depresses me to think that some one could actually have an attitude with me.. for making this mod.

SO, everyone with servers if you may... Ban him? or something cause he tked people.. disrespect... so much more.

Superman - Player ID = 1549576

Thanks guys!

Now, thank you for you're input ck-claw! We are working on radio chatter and much, much more to make this game feel like a real life experience.

I am not fully satisfied...

What I like:

Technically perfect: absolutely no problems with sound, sampling, cut-off ect.

No echo. It's really irritating.

What I didn't like: MP5, MP5SD - I think you did make them sound totally unrealistic. MP5SD, because of low volume, does register very well on cameras and it is a clicking sound... ModWarSound had MP5SD perfect.

MP5 - too bass, 9mm. doesn't sound that bass.

The supressed 5.56 also sounds awkward - first time someone fired it besides me I didn't know what's going on. I know you might not have played Americas Army, but it had the supressed 5.56 sound right.

In general a gunshot is a vilent act and it should sound like one, so the mildest gunshot sounds need some tribble or maybe compressing to higher the pitch?

The rest is acceptable. Maybe some more tribble for M16.

Quote[/b] ]The M24 is alot louder then the SVD. I was right next to the svd and the m24 sound was way over it.
Yup, should be other way around: bolt-action rifles are making less noise, pluss any muzzle devices (and SVD has one) increase the sound signature of a weapon. One of reasons sniper rifles usually don't have any.

Np matey and dont let the other twat get ya down!

Tis only one muppet compared to the community here that appriciates your work!

EvEnLeaSe44, please don't let that toss-bag get you down - the Sound-Mod is THE best ever! I'm a massive fan!

Just curious, Sir, will the next version (with new beep-beeps for the radio) be compatible with the "shut-up" VBS style voice mod, where there is no radio sounds?

Again mate, it's the best, tell that clown to jump in the lake!

Hi

Thanks for the advice.

I have replace the modet weapon.pbo with the original weapon.pbo an it works without messangs! THX

but i cant understand why is a modet pbo in the original addon folder? Befor i have intsalled the mod, i have uninstall the coplete game (i delete all arma folder !!wink_o.gif.

I reinstall the game with patches an the standalone csm mod!!

hmm.. main point the mod works wink_o.gif

Greeting bensdale

Can some one give me a quick example of how to install it because I don't get the bit about adding a command line to the target line?

just add a command line like this: Im quessing the folder where the sounds are is @CSM

add a line -mod=@CSM and ur ready to kick ass

still does not work. This is what I've done: I right clicked on the original ArmA shortcut then clicked create new shortcut. Then I right clicked on the new shortcut and clicked on properties. Then where it say target i wrote at the end of the arma directory: -mod=@CMS (After placing the @CSM folder under: C:\Program Files\Bohemia interactive\ArmA) then I clicked OK and renamed the shortcut as:Launch ArmA (@CSM)

Is this right?

JOE

is that a typo?

your command line says -mod@CMS ?

still does not work. This is what I've done: I right clicked on the original ArmA shortcut then clicked create new shortcut. Then I right clicked on the new shortcut and clicked on properties. Then where it say target i wrote at the end of the arma directory: -mod=@CMS (After placing the @CSM folder under: C:\Program Files\Bohemia interactive\ArmA) then I clicked OK and renamed the shortcut as:Launch ArmA (@CSM)

Is this right?

Make up your mind either its @CSM or @CMS biggrin_o.gif

change --> mod=@CMS to mod=@CSM to match the foldername

And Chammy crew, awesome mod! I wont give u more feedback since most issues has been raised already...

Here's a quick example in your target line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@islands -mod=@Mapfact -mod=@CSM -mod=@ArmAEffects

Remmeber, there should be an equal sign right between "mod" and "@". Also, as brought out before, make sure there is a space between each title.

I just cant get over the participaton on this, and all those who at least tried the mod. We're still working on the mod, these updates will be available soon, and will try not to rush things. Everything bruoght out in feedback WILL be fixed and tweaked out to near perfect. In the meantime if you find anymore nuiances just let us know.

Evenlease, how does your buglist link thingy work? I mean I get some yahoo page with a login form. Do I need an account to view it?

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@islands -mod=@Mapfact -mod=@CSM -mod=@ArmAEffects

Remmeber, there should be an equal sign right between "mod" and "@". Also, as brought out before, make sure there is a space between each title.

I just cant get over the participaton on this, and all those who at least tried the mod. We're still working on the mod, these updates will be available soon, and will try not to rush things. Everything bruoght out in feedback WILL be fixed and tweaked out to near perfect. In the meantime if you find anymore nuiances just let us know.

Hi Chammy,

it can also be done like this,

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@islands;@Mapfact;@CSM;@ArmAEffects

I believe smile_o.gif

i just tested the sounds. I like them!

i just think the rifle shots sounds are too low, could be alittle higher smile_o.gif

I just cant get over the participaton on this, and all those who at least tried the mod. We're still working on the mod, these updates will be available soon, and will try not to rush things.  Everything bruoght out in feedback WILL be fixed and tweaked out to near perfect. In the meantime if you find anymore nuiances just let us know.

So I need to write all that in?