Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Here's a quick example in your target line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@islands -mod=@Mapfact -mod=@CSM -mod=@ArmAEffects

Remmeber, there should be an equal sign right between "mod" and "@". Also, as brought out before, make sure there is a space between each title.

I just cant get over the participaton on this, and all those who at least tried the mod. We're still working on the mod, these updates will be available soon, and will try not to rush things. Everything bruoght out in feedback WILL be fixed and tweaked out to near perfect. In the meantime if you find anymore nuiances just let us know.

So I need to write all that in?

not really.

i have this running atm

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@CSM;@TrueView;@ArmAEffects -nosplash

Just outta curiousity?

How come not many ppl seem to use Kegetys Arma Launcher?

Easy to configure all your mods/folders!

Select which mods on and off before you start up Arma

No need to keep changing the target line or multiple shortcuts wink_o.gif

Excellent work Chammy. Loving it.

Of course there are a few negatives (that have been mentioned in this thread) but of course it is an early beta.

Just wondering if you are planning on doing your own Harrier and A-10 flight sound? And changing the A10 cannon sound? I do love the FFAR's though!

I miss the Harrier sound from FDF biggrin_o.gif

OK, community, i need a little feedback here if you can.

Just answer these questions and it will be helped greatly,

1. How does it feel when you're in combat with the latest version of the mod?

2. In you're opinion what do you think could be added to help the feeling of battle?

3. Why did you choose this mod? and now that you have chosen this mod, was it worth it?

1. Playing a firefight scenario set up in the editor, is fun as hell. The supersonick-cracks and those effects make the battle sound more closer to reality.

---------

2. Some tweaking of the sounds. Some aren't finished yet and etc. Here is my list that I wrote up on page 15.

Btw, welcome Durg.  Always good to have more guys on a mod team. thumbs-up.gif

Anyway great work guys. smile_o.gif The installation was very easy.

----

Anyway some feedback for changes/improvements: *Playing in editor, so I'm writing a lot off stuff down*

- The "beep-beep-beep" alarm is still on the tanks. sad_o.gif

- The M4 Carbine is still unchanged. The echo sound stops way to fast.

- Looking forward to other vechile-sounds.

- The M240 MG on the M1A1 Abrams, has the same problem as the M4 Carbine. Echo stops way to fast.

- The Shilka don't have impact sound from it's rounds hitting the ground.

- The Browning 50.caliber Machinegun seems a bit unfinished.

- Change the impact sounds on the rokcets mounted on Choppers. The Hellfires and the FFAR's impact sounds, sound totally alike.

- The volume on the 30mm Gun on the BMP-2, needs to be raised a bit.

- The reload sound on the M203 and the GP-25 is way to slow for the reload-animation.

- The AK-74 needs improvement.

- I like the new GBU-12 impact sound, however it don't sound loud and brutal enough. biggrin_o.gif

Inspiration for you:

|

Posetive Stuff:

- The volume seems to be upped/louder on most weapons and other stuff.

- Impact sound on the 20-30mm's sounds nice.

- Grenades and Grenade-launchers sound very good.

- Firefights still sound kickass off course.

- Your MOD is still my first choice, by far. smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

---------------

3. When I saw the preview video back in April, I was just like "Oh Man". Can't wait for this!

And yes the wait was worth it even though the Beta contains some errors.

Hi Chammy,

I downloaded the mod and tried it out. Generally it's excellent quality and a marked improvement on the stock sounds of Arma.

In answer to your questions:

1. How does it feel when you're in combat with the latest version of the mod?

It sets a better atmosphere for the game and the sounds are more organic and less processed than the vanilla version. It seems more intense with the mod running and as such, the feeling of actually 'being there' seems more pronounced.

2. In you're opinion what do you think could be added to help the feeling of battle?

The vanilla supersonic crack of guns isn't very good at all. It just sounds like an air rifle to me. Maybe you could look at that. Americas Army does really nice effects for that. Something similar to that could work really well.

Could you tweak bullets striking the floor so that the volume is a little higher? That would go a long way to recreate the feeling of being shot at and bullets striking the ground near you.

Some radio chatter would be good when inside vehicles. Also, I'm not a big fan of the sound of tank cannons in the game. I don't know whether you've looked at that yet.

The sound you've implimented for the miniguns is good, but i Think maybe you should add a touch of reverb to it, to make it sound less like an alpha wave and give it some character. That's just my thoughts though.

3. Why did you choose this mod? and now that you have chosen this mod, was it worth it?

I chose it as the FDF pack is okay but there was definitely room for improvement. This mod is excellent, and I look forward to seeing its development. Good work fellas!!

No it doesnt, i just got off of a server and it works fine, I got the same messege though.

I just tried playing evolution (got the same message) and all the weapons where messed up. I have access to weapons i shouldnt be able to use

do i leave your edited weapons.pbo in arma/addons or should i put that back to the original for this mod folder version? which is what I have done

the problem might solve if you use the config base one, it doesnt required to have modded weapon.pbo and such

False alarm, I think it was because the mission was restarted as I was joining or something, just a random Arma error. Any way, its working fine now, so thanks again for the updates, sounds sweet as ever wink_o.gif

To the guys responsible for putting together this sound mod,my wife hates you.

I installed it after not having played ArmA for quite some time and as soon as i heard the first burst of gunfire i was hooked.

I've been playing for maybe 3 hours or so, even forgetting to take the wife out to lunch. This sound mod is superb work and its very much appreciated by me. I havn't even fully tested all the sounds out, but from my brief 3 hour session i can say it's fantastic.

notworthy.gif

To the guys responsible for putting together this sound mod,my wife hates you.

I installed it after not having played ArmA for quite some time and as soon as i heard the first burst of gunfire i was hooked.

I've been playing for maybe 3 hours or so, even forgetting to take the wife out to lunch. This sound mod is superb work and its very much appreciated by me. I havn't even fully tested all the sounds out, but from my brief 3 hour session i can say it's fantastic.

notworthy.gif

this mod is going to cause heartache welcome.gifwelcome.gifwelcome.gif

(and maybe a divorce or two)

my neighbours aren't going to hate u chammy for making this mod, since i got a big ass subwoofer below my desk pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

Hi Chammy and crew,

Thanks again to all who helped me figure out the installation. As for the Mod....I love it! You guys rock! notworthy.gif

I think the few things needing attention have been mentioned already. However I've noticed a bug that I've not seen listed.

When choosing the M-16A4 ACOG GL from a crate you do NOT receive any GL rounds. You can manually take them from the crate.

But, even then when you select the GL, you cannot load it. huh.gif

All of the other M-16 variants with a GL work fine. The A4 ACOG is the only exception.

Anyhow, as I said I love the Mod and can't wait to see what tweaks and additions you guys come up with.

Cheers,

Darryl

just tested it on RTS 4 :O

Greaaat atmosphere biggrin_o.gif Keep it coming! yay.gifthumbs-up.gif

Nice one for pistols.gif

Its like action-movie sound - You've got to turn it louder... biggrin_o.gif

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

There are some fine other sound-mods... use one of them depends on the mood & mission.

Hi Chammy,

I like your sound mod alot!  The M-16/M4 sounds are very realistic.  The M203 grenade launcher doesn't sound like I remember it.  From what I can remember, it had a distinct sound when fired.  Overall...I like.  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

alright guys, a little story here for ya...

I just got out of a multi player game with this guy superman,

OK... any so when i get in the sever, i start with my usual "hey guys, even here.. whats up??"

and he goes, "oh great, a fu*king moder, i hate you pigs, sit around all day wasting you're life modding for a game that doesnt even have population.. get a life you f*g.."

So i start playing and he keeps going on, and on, and on... finally it started to piss me off...

I hope i don't run into any more people like that, it just makes me want to hault what i do and walk away. It depresses me to think that some one could actually have an attitude with me.. for making this mod.

SO, everyone with servers if you may... Ban him? or something cause he tked people.. disrespect... so much more.

Superman - Player ID = 1549576

Thanks guys!

Now, thank you for you're input ck-claw! We are working on radio chatter and much, much more to make this game feel like a real life experience.

That is some utter BS. You have made the best sound mod to date imho! Don't stop because of some losers who cant appericate the dedication of this community

Keep up with it, and fix the volume and other bugs and keep replacing the sounds and we will have the most immersive sound mod ever...

I havn't read all 20 pages of comments (who can blame me?). I've only played with the inf weapons so far. My opinions are that, the sounds are too low as has been stated before, shooting stuff nearby and hearing bullet impacts OVER my rifle doesn't float my boat. Also I'm not big on the ak sounds, maybe they would sound better simply by making them louder. I'm not big on the echoes either as I have stated before that different environments affect the echoing and I feel like the sound clips of some of the guns are too long and drawn out.

I have a question..

I have installed the mod an it works! nice sounds !!!!

but ever when i connect to a multyplayer round comes a message:

you cannot play this mission it is dependent on downloadable content has been deleted. CSMSOUND

i klick "OK" and the soundmod works on a multyplayer map but is this messange normal?

(I have the german dvd version (1.08) of ARMA)

greeting bensdale

That error message is my fault. whistle.gif

The mod folder should be called @CSMSound and not @CSM.

I am by no means a veteran modder, so I'm still learning. confused_o.gif  

Simply rename the folder and the error message will no longer appear.

For a technial explination:

I've named the mod CSMSound as seen below, Therefore the mod folder name must match this as well, or you will receive the error message as described by bensdale.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches {

class CSMSound {

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.100000;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

I'm still unsure when/if I need to place anything in the "requiredAddons" section.  Perhaps a more experienced modder could answer that for me.

I played around with the M203 again and it sounds better.  So scratch my earlier post about the M203.  Now the chainguns in the Blackhawk really need some work.  Those did not sound correct at all.

GD Mast

I played around with the M203 again and it sounds better.  So scratch my earlier post about the M203.  Now the chainguns in the Blackhawk really need some work.  Those did not sound correct at all.

GD Mast

Thanks for the input. Keep in mind however, that this is just a beta (or even alpha) release.  

Since the first video of the work in progress was released several months ago, there has been alot of demand for the team to release something.  What you have now is basically just an appitizer, and is in no way a complete and polished release.

Hi Chammy,

I like your sound mod alot!  The M-16/M4 sounds are very realistic.  The M203 grenade launcher doesn't sound like I remember it.  From what I can remember, it had a distinct sound when fired.  Overall...I like.  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

Yeah it mainly sounds like a giant party popper.

As people have stated before, the gun fire sounds are too quiet. When I turn up my sound system and add a lot of bass, they are very good though, so I'm guessing it's really just the volume. I haven't tried all the different weapons yet, but so far I'm quite impressed.

Keep up the good work! biggrin_o.gif

As people have stated before, the gun fire sounds are too quiet. When I turn up my sound system and add a lot of bass, they are very good though, so I'm guessing it's really just the volume. I haven't tried all the different weapons yet, but so far I'm quite impressed.

Keep up the good work!  biggrin_o.gif

Well, adjusting the volumes of all the sounds is one of the tasks scheduled for the V1.0 release.  So, it is in the works.  You can always check this progress of this mod by clicking on the "Status" link in my sig. (requires a google account to access it however)

I just made this for the other mod i'm working on,

Example4.gif

What yall think???

Cause i'm making a new one for chammys sound mod!!!

Gonna be Saweeeet.

Example4.gif

What yall think???

Gonna be Saweeeet.

More space between and above the lettering, make sure the outside border doesn't intersect with the lettering, I'd go with a lighter shade than black, say charcoal for the boarder, and black for the lettering, set the lettering drop shadow to go down to the right, with a slight tweak in distance  smile_o.gif  Like the overal "feel" of it though.

As for the soundmod: Multiple levels of <span style='color:red'>awesomeness!</span>

1. I've never felt the need to hit the dirt, until now.

2. I've never heard sounds scaled with the "distance" feel to them, until now.

3. I've never had chills up my spine (while in my computer chair) when approaching a firefight from a distance, until now.

4. I've always thought this was impossible in ArmA, and gave up daydreaming, until NOW!

5. Choppers crashing kinda sucked before, now it's awesome.

Just an amazing soundmod. Of course it's a matter of "preference," but in my opinion, this is the best soundmod out there, period. Modwar was really good as well and dropped the hammer and improved vastly on the FDF Soundpack , but both were just missing that "realistic" feel like this one of yours replicates Chammy/Even. I'm super-over-impressed!

I haven't had much time testing it out thoroughly, because when I got in I was so immersed in the firefight, I forgot all about testing haha. From eight hours of play it was just awesome though. Everything from tanks to all types of infantry, to heli's, to special weapons like the M107 I tried and they all rocked.

A couple things I noticed (or seemed that way) were the M203 reload sound seemed louder on the SF soldier, as opposed to the Grendier? Different weaps, is that normal?

<span style='color:blue'>Lastly, I'd like to pose a question and suggestion: The sounds of gear moving, like metallic items clinking around, is that at all possible?</span>

Just...plain....wow yay.gif

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/EvenLease44/Example4.gif

What yall think???

Gonna be Saweeeet.

I like your idea, your optimism and your iniciative.

Wish you good inspirations for this mod, actually i wish you good luck and good inspirations for both MOD's.

I think it may have great potencial

Can't wait to test! inlove.gif

smile_o.gif

I have a question..

I have installed the mod an it works! nice sounds !!!!

but ever when i connect to a multyplayer round comes a message:

you cannot play this mission it is dependent on downloadable content has been deleted. CSMSOUND

i klick "OK" and the soundmod works on a multyplayer map but is this messange normal?

(I have the german dvd version (1.08) of ARMA)

greeting bensdale

That error message is my fault. whistle.gif

The mod folder should be called @CSMSound and not @CSM.

I am by no means a veteran modder, so I'm still learning. confused_o.gif

Simply rename the folder and the error message will no longer appear.

For a technial explination:

I've named the mod CSMSound as seen below, Therefore the mod folder name must match this as well, or you will receive the error message as described by bensdale.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches {

class CSMSound {

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.100000;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

I'm still unsure when/if I need to place anything in the "requiredAddons" section. Perhaps a more experienced modder could answer that for me.

i'm using modfolder, and get this message. The sounds seems to work tough so I'm quessing I can just overlook the message???

Okay, since my team uses FDF 1.1, I wonder if I could recommend this as a "new best thing"? How does it compare, what are the differences?