Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Just downloaded the sound mod, will give it a try.

Hopefully in the future, somebody will improve the incoming BIS arty sounds.  Here's 1 video of incoming mortar strikes from the enemy point of view. Almost about halfway through the video you see/hear the mortar rounds.

incoming mortar rounds

There was an even better video of 155 arty but youtube removed it.  Don't know why.

GD Mast

Almost about halfway through the video you see/hear the mortar rounds.

incoming mortar rounds

Holy Sh1t! wow_o.gif Would be sweet to get that "woosh" like that for incomming artillery. Even though there aren't mortars in ArmA, I hope an addonmaker will take care of that and make one. smile_o.gif

@ durg78 and 3k.Baxter

I have the german version of ARMA and patch 1.08.

I uninstall the game and reinstall ARMA with patch 1.05 and 1.08.

now wotks the game with the soundmod!!

THX and greeting from Switzerland

O M G !!!!!! This is good !!!!

Just set up a quick fire fight on Rahmadi to test the sounds and all I can say is WOW !!! The fire fight seemed to end so I guessed one side had been wiped out only for one soldier to sneak up behind me and find one remaining alive enemy and open fire on him. I had the volume up LOUD and it made me jump lol.

Massive thanks to all who have contributed to this notworthy.gif

Thnak you,

Steven.

Quote[/b] ]Holy Sh1t!  Would be sweet to get that "woosh" like that for incomming artillery.

Yea...the youtube video was even better.  It showed insurgents setting/firing their homemade rockets in a field. Then US 155 arty returns fire.  That was incredible...made you want to duck even though it was a video.  Wish I could find it.

GD Mast

I just downloaded the mod, but the link for the config fix doesn't work for me. Could someone please post a working link?

Hello all,

All this feedback is great and helps so much in getting the next few Betas out. I'm striving to make this as real as possible, Even is striving to make sure I make the new sounds and feel as real as possible and Durq is hard at work ironing out kinks and adding new event callls for more sounds to cover the ones not working or that are mediocre. At this point I'd like to say that WE[/b][/u] are hard at work, not just me cause without the help of Even and Durq, this would only be a sound conversion as I don't have all the knowlegde of config editing and such and advertising, most due to my busy scheduale.

I have noted all the likes and dislikes, tastes in all yall's feedback, most are trial sounds to see how they come out. I might post more sample videos to see what people think of them so I can chose, or, you guys can chose, I have said that there will also be possibly 3 versions: Hollywood style( more exaggerated but real ), one with less echo as there are some out there that would prefer that instead, and the one we are currently working on, natural echo and natural sounding. Like I said, all is 100% real sound samples, I may have blended some sounds with other already made sounds from a few games just to get the solidness to some I wasnt able to get a full sound out for. Every so often I will stumble across some new stuff/footage, new ideas and will update my samples, and then theres the suggestions shown to me by all of you guys thank you, I really appreciate that, keeps ideas open.

Yes we will take out the annoying trash truck alarm on the tank, yes the vehicle sounds will be replaced, so will the air craft and radio beeps, though, in some of the veh. and aircraft, some sounds are just right the way they are.

All these suggestions will be in the making and will be implementing them also as soon as Durq finds a way to put more of the sounds in the config declaration.

Like I said, I want to model and replicate most sounds from my knowlegde of being around them when i used to work around a proving ground where I live. Being on the range at times and just remmbering the the effects.

thanks again

I will report back later.......

Respect!  notworthy.gif Great update, C. Thanks to all of you "The MOD team".

But imo, prioritize the one you are working on at this moment now "...natural echo and natural sounding", becuase that's the most unique one. smile_o.gif

Cheers.

Quote[/b] ]Holy Sh1t! Would be sweet to get that "woosh" like that for incomming artillery.

Yea...the youtube video was even better. It showed insurgents setting/firing their homemade rockets in a field. Then US 155 arty returns fire. That was incredible...made you want to duck even though it was a video. Wish I could find it.

GD Mast

Link? I want to see this video.

Thanks for all the feedback, even the negative ones.  It helps us alot to have these bug reports.  And to show that we're taking them seriously, I am posting a link so everyone can check the status of the current list of bugs, as well as see our progress towards release V1.0.

CSM Status

If you've posted a bug in the forums, and don't see it on the list.. just give us a little time.. we'll get it listed.

I'm glad to hear that you are making 3 versions of this pack. That's great, because I'm not so fond of artificial reverb.

As a suggestion, maybe you could add

- ambiant radio chatter in different vehicles.

- a set of generic voices, played under specific circumstances

- damage sounds in vehicles : alarms, fire extinguishers, shouts, pieces falling, glass breaking, electrical faults, etc..

Malick

For me, personally, I can't wait to have updated jet sounds. Nothing like having a jet scream past during a fire fight!

I really appreciate how the mod team listens to comments/feedback. Good stuff.

Okay, I know I'm an idiot. I started out thinking I had an idea how to install this. However after reading through the thread my head is now spinning!

Please some kind soul tell me how to install this so that it doesn't alter my "vanilla" ARMA (If that's possible). I know the basics of how to unpack and how to place files in folders, etc. I just need to know which files go where, and what I need to type in for a command line in the new shortcut, etc.

Cheers,

Darryl

I use Modern Warfare soundmod and to me, as it stands now, I feel it is far superior when it comes to gun sounds. Environment sounds (bullets whizzing by and the "crack") on the other hand are just as good or better in chammy's, but overall I still find the Modern Warfare soundmod to be much more immersive.

But I realize that this is still a work in progress, so I'm still definitely looking forward to upcoming beta releases. Keep up the hard work.

Okay, I know I'm an idiot. I started out thinking I had an idea how to install this. However after reading through the thread my head is now spinning!

Please some kind soul tell me how to install this so that it doesn't alter my "vanilla" ARMA (If that's possible). I know the basics of how to unpack and how to place files in folders, etc. I just need to know which files go where, and what I need to type in for a command line in the new shortcut, etc.

Cheers,

Darryl

no no no, dont touch anything, delete what you've done.

Reinstall the mod, just place the @CSM folder into you're arma directory. Add the target line to you'r games shortcut, done.

The target line is: -mod=@CSM

Just incase you didnt know what exactly u had to type on your shortcut Target line smile_o.gif

Cheers,

Darryl

no no no, dont touch anything, delete what you've done.

Reinstall the mod, just place the @CSM folder into you're arma directory. Add the target line to you'r games shortcut, done.

To clearify,

place this in your shortcut:

-mod=@CSM

if you have other mods, seperate with semicolon:

-mod=@CSM;@othermod;@3rdMod

Hi Darryl,

Heres what I did,

unzip the CSM file, delete the CMS_cfg.pbo, replace with the new CSM_cfg.pbo, now copy the @CSM folder into your arma directory ( e.g  C/program files/bohemia interactive/arma) now add this to your shortcut..

-nosplash -mod=@CSM

I think thats everything. If you have any more trouble just ask (and guys if ive got this wrong please tell me)

Thanks,

Steven.

edit: LOL you can see I'm slow at typing tounge2.gif

Mmm, good to see the community helping on this, i'm never good at helping, i always forget somthing lol crazy_o.gif

I have a question..

I have installed the mod an it works! nice sounds !!!!

but ever when i connect to a multyplayer round comes a message:

you cannot play this mission it is dependent on downloadable content has been deleted. CSMSOUND

i klick "OK" and the soundmod works on a multyplayer map but is this messange normal?

(I have the german dvd version (1.08) of ARMA)

greeting bensdale

I have a question..

I have installed the mod an it works! nice sounds !!!!

but ever when i connect to a multyplayer round comes a message:

you cannot play this mission it is dependent on downloadable content has been deleted. CSMSOUND

i klick "OK" and the soundmod works on a multyplayer map but is this messange normal?

(I have the german dvd version (1.08) of ARMA)

greeting bensdale

I've seen this message before as well. Of course, it never showed up untill after the release. mad_o.gif

I'm looking into it. As far as I can tell it doesn't effect the mod or gameplay at all.