Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

ill see what i can do, it might be a little since the weapons.pbo is big.

Edit/ k, its gonna take an hour to upload, not sure how big the dl will be but if this is the only way to make it work for yall then im fine with that.

Now I'm getting an error on startup of the game, this is quite retarded.

EDIT: Fixed it, but modfolders aren't working with the current version huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: My chammy-soundmod "weapons.pbo" is 287MB, btw.

mine keeps coming back as 304meg (312,122kb) after repacking.

"weapons\sound" contains 601 files and is 76.3meg in size after unzipping the mod into it... that sound right?

mmm, i have 676 sound files...

just wait for me to post a link to my copy k, it will take an hour to upload but its worth it i think.

Anyone with the low volume turn up your volume ingame and hear the real sound. notworthy.gif Sounds good to me. yay.gif Will do a bigger review later.

EDIT: Fixed it, but modfolders aren't working with the current version  huh.gif

Don't use modfolders... Just be sure to take a backup of the orginal weapons.pbo before replacing it with the new one.

---------------

^Hehe Matt. I tried that earlier today with my Creative 2.1 soundsystem with a powerful subwoofer. It's a joy to fire the AT-4/RPG-7! inlove.gif

EDIT: Fixed it, but modfolders aren't working with the current version huh.gif

Don't use modfolders... Just be sure to take a backup of the orginal weapons.pbo before replacing it with the new one.

---------------

^Hehe Matt. I tried that earlier today with my Creative 2.1 soundsystem with a powerful subwoofer. It's a joy fire the AT-4/RPG-7! inlove.gif

I'm not now, I have made a new weapons.pbo (290,000ish KB) and I'm still getting stock sounds.

mmm, i have 676 sound files...

just wait for me to post a link to my copy k, it will take an hour to upload but its worth it i think.

rofl.. I have less files, but larger total pbo size?

Double U Tee Eff mate. banghead.gif

cheers Even. think ill wiat on your upload then. this is making my head hurt. rofl.gif

Btw, make sure there's no other soundmod in your addons folder.

This means no modwar.pbo & modwar_cfg.pbo, rename it, or re(move) these files.

That would give me modwar sounds not stock sounds tounge2.gif

just wait for my upload of my weapons.pbo, then we will see if it works  smile_o.gif

EDIT///

Also guys, this mod MOST likly requires V1.08 of the patch arma, if you have a lower version, this is most likly you're mistake.

Sandzibar, the files are much larger because they have more detailed sounds, hence the reason for the awesomness of this mod.

Teliko, use viewPBO.  Addons should contain your modified weapons.pbo.  There should be:

Weapons.pbo, inside the next level, there should be some files and a 'data' folder only.  In 'data' is where you should find the sounds folder.  Open that up and confirm a few files against those in the downloaded pack.  If it all checks out, close it up, and do a search for 'weapons' in the ArmA folder.  Look for any pbos in mod folders, or duplicates, and get rid of them.  Good luck, I had the same problem and this is how I solved it (duplicate files in the pbo's and folders suck late at night)

.... or just wait for evenlease44's file tounge2.gif

just wait for my upload of my weapons.pbo, then we will see if it works  smile_o.gif

Thanks. That would be nice.

Quote[/b] ]Yes, I understand all needs more volume, but the thing I notice with volume increase is the decrease in punch and bass punchiness, no matter how its done, for some reason bass gets squashed to a more unpunchy bass, not a sharp bass, I will figure that out soon hopefully.

I think thats the downside of .wss, You lose lots of quality when you convert to .wss.

Chammy, what sound-editing software are you using for the echoing, balance, etc...?

I can upload the edited pbo aswell, but in 2 parts because the fileserver only allows 100Mb per file. Unzipped is 287Mb

Quote[/b] ]That would give me modwar sounds not stock sounds tounge2.gif

crazy_o.gif

I'm not now, I have made a new weapons.pbo (290,000ish KB) and I'm still getting stock sounds.

Are you sure that you are copying Chammys wss files and overwriting them in the correct "Sound" folder before making/re-PBO'ing the new weapons.pbo?

Weapons --> Data --> Sound --> Copy Chammys wss files here, and overwrite the previous ones. Then Re-PBO..

Steps:

step1qq3.th.jpg

step2tm5.th.jpg

step3fn9.th.jpg

step4tm4.th.jpg

^Clickys.

Sandzibar, the files are much larger because they have more detailed sounds, hence the reason for the awesomness of this mod.

Teliko, use viewPBO. Addons should contain your modified weapons.pbo. There should be:

Weapons.pbo, inside the next level, there should be some files and a 'data' folder only. In 'data' is where you should find the sounds folder. Open that up and confirm a few files against those in the downloaded pack. If it all checks out, close it up, and do a search for 'weapons' in the ArmA folder. Look for any pbos in mod folders, or duplicates, and get rid of them. Good luck, I had the same problem and this is how I solved it (duplicate files in the pbo's and folders suck late at night)

.... or just wait for evenlease44's file tounge2.gif

Yup, done all of that. I'll just wait for his weapons.pbo :P

I think you misunderstand me. The issue is with my new chammymod weapons.pbo not being the same size as everyone elses chammymod weapons.pbo

stock is 245.. evens is 285.. mine ended up at 305..

see the problem.

edit: no other weapon.pbo's anywhere... moved the backup to a spare drive... no other mods installed/running... version 1.08 installed. its all a conspiracy. im making a tinfoil hat as we speak to keep the aliens away.

I think you misunderstand me. The issue is with my new chammymod weapons.pbo not being the same size as everyone elses chammymod weapons.pbo

stock is 245.. evens is 285.. mine ended up at 305..

see the problem.

edit: no other weapon.pbo's anywhere... moved the backup to a spare drive... no other mods installed/running... version 1.08 installed. its all a conspiracy. im making a tinfoil hat as we speak to keep the aliens away.

lol lol... hahaha, wow.. ok. mmm, i think it has to be with what tool you're using or somthing, i dont understand why it would do that though..

Are you sure that you are copying Chammys wss files and overwriting them in the correct "Sound" folder before making/re-PBO'ing the new weapons.pbo?

Weapons --> Data --> Sound --> Copy Chammys wss files here, and overwrite the previous ones. Then Re-PBO..

Steps:

^Clickys.

ahahahaha mystery solved... im an idiot.. didnt realise there were TWO sound folders. ive been overwriting the wrong one. doh! I am a muppet. yay.gif

will retry

Are you sure that you are copying Chammys wss files and overwriting them in the correct "Sound" folder before making/re-PBO'ing the new weapons.pbo?

Steps:

^Clickys.

ahahahaha mystery solved... im an idiot.. didnt realise there were TWO sound folders. ive been overwriting the wrong one. doh! I am a muppet.  yay.gif

will retry

that was you're problem lol, make sure every one is overwriting the right sound folder. wow.

Steps:

^Clickys.

ahahahaha mystery solved... im an idiot.. didnt realise there were TWO sound folders. ive been overwriting the wrong one. doh! I am a muppet. yay.gif

will retry

that was you're problem lol, make sure every one is overwriting the right sound folder. wow.

lol Yepp few ppl in our clan doing the wrong sound folder lol smile_o.gif

im having problems uploading the file for some reason, if some one can give me a quicker upload site then filefront please do, so i can upload my weapons.pbo for yall.