Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Very nice Armavidz, did you watch Shooter before making that video? haha, first part reminded me of that movie alot it was nicely done. Nice sounds keep it up guys. smile_o.gif

Very nice Armavidz, did you watch Shooter before making that video? haha, first part reminded me of that movie alot it was nicely done. Nice sounds keep it up guys. smile_o.gif

Thanks dudes!  smile_o.gif

Actually the dialogue is "Shooter." Dialogue sampled directly from the sniper/spotter scene heheh

YouTube is faster, but the Filefront streaming version and download is much better  biggrin_o.gif ...YouTube's 100MB limit......

Thanks dudes! smile_o.gif

Actually the dialogue is "Shooter." Dialogue sampled directly from the sniper/spotter scene heheh

YouTube is faster, but the Filefront streaming version and download is much better biggrin_o.gif ...YouTube's 100MB limit......

Very awesome video. Some of the sounds are really really nice. Can't wait for chammy to release it ^_^

Hey Chammy, I've been using your latest public release and I love all the sounds but I was wondering if you are going to "beef" up the sounds any in the next release? The sounds are really good but lack punch.

For surezee bro, thats what im in the process of doing at the moment, making sure alls done, there are literaly hundreds of sound effects to check, and most arent all teh same, I want to make sure all sounds as for weapons , coincide with each other, each one will have a different echo and beefiness.

Thanks for your hard work Chammy ! I guess it must be quite painful to check and recheck each and every sound...

I hope that the final version is closing completion.

Malick

Incredible video and great music-choice. Thanks for the hard work...

Great movie, ArmaVidz! Awesome editing, scenes, music and off course killer sound. biggrin_o.gif

------------

Thanks for the update, Chammy. smile_o.gif

Keep it up! biggrin_o.gif

hi everyone,

what is that error i get when say joining a server just before connection to map.

"you can not play/edit this map due to the server having deleted cms_sounds etc etc etc or somethin...

seems to still work but im wondering how do I get rid of that error msg, im using the fixed file as instructed..

cheers,

James

just press OK and u'll be fine. u have the folder name wrong, wich gives u error, scroll a couple of pages back to see how to solve it.

Hey guys, even here...

I know i shouldn't be doing this,

but i want your feedback on this AH6 start up sound,

Please, what do you think? IMHO i love it.

AH-6 Start up Sound

I also have a M249 sound that i think should be heard, what do you think of this? sounds good to me, but what do you think? we currently have more then 12 different M249 sounds to choose out of so I'm randomly picking the best ones.

M249 Test Sound 1

The AH-6 sounds nice. thumbs-up.gif

The M249 has a bit more punch to it now and that's great, but the echo sound disolves a bit too fast, imo. wink_o.gif

GJ overall! biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Helisound could be more closer to characteristic sound of this helicopter!? imho MD-500 is the civil version of AH-6...

M249 SAW only little less bass... and we need earplug on/off-option wink_o.gif

The AH-6 sound isn't even close to real the one really, but I'm a detail freak about them because I've spent so much time working around the Hughes 500. If you wanted I could give you the unreleased sound I made that is from a recording of a Hughes 500. I also made one from a recording of a blackhawk. For the AH-1Z I couldn't find any sounds for it so I used a Bell 407 and slightly lowered the pitch.

Edit: here is a quick video I made, there is a little distortion from fraps or the movie maker but its pretty close.

http://files.filefront.com/armaheliwmv/;8575522;/fileinfo.html

So PM me if you want to try any of the sounds.

I love the 249 sound - I used to be a minimi gunner and it sounds all right to me - perhaps maybe just a bit more echo? yay.gif

I love that M249 GFJ, though i think the startup needs to be a bit more turbiney if u get my drift, and more high pitched, but imho, its does the job, focus on the weapons, vehicles last.

Do you have an estimation for a release?

I love that M249 GFJ, though i think the startup needs to be a bit more turbiney if u get my drift, and more high pitched, but imho, its does the job, focus on the weapons, vehicles last.

Do you have an estimation for a release?

Well if they have so many sources to choose from for all their sounds then I'm guessing it will be released in july 2008 wink_o.gif

I detected Sarcasm there Ateryu82.

Look, we do have a lot of samples for each weapon, but that just means its get closer to release, because then all we have to do is pick the best, put them in, and pack it up, right?

Well.. we will have to wait and see,

and thanks for the feedback, that little bird sound is not the only sound we have.

We are also working on the echo for the 249.

Very well avoided question :P

But i still persist, how long are we talking for a release, i mean, i'm not impatient, just wondering whether its worth me downloading another sound mod (HERESY!!!wink_o.gif until this one is done.