Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

guys really you stare at a menu for a whole of three seconds the type of desire of music doesnt really matter all it needs to do is set the mood well its not like your going to have to sit there and listen to music you do not like for 10 minutes or anything after saying that indeed the so far original choices may not be the best or maybe they are id just like to add that small thought into the convo just remember guys there have been many times that music has been in movies that alone you did not like but you personally think was appropriate at the moment its the same here

Please use proper grammar as your post is just nearly impossible to figure out without getting a headache.

Anyway, most movies refrain from using heavy metal so your point is moot. Movies usually go for tunes that fall in good ears with anyone listening, so called "general" themes that you'll neither hate nor like. They're just there to set a mood. If movies would specifically be using heavy metal, it'd be a movie aimed at that age-group and "type" of people.

Don't add heavy metal to your mod just so you can show how much of a rebel you are. If you must, just add your musical preference to the credits or something. smile_o.gif

And Uranium, shut up.

hey grammer isnt everyones strong suet, but i will try; btw i think i wrote that after 28 hours of having no sleep. Your point has been made, but as i said maybe the music isn't correct or maybe it is. Personally, i have not heard the specific songs mentioned, and most likely neither have you. I am a metal fan, but i also understand that not all metal is the same. Possibly metal could be used but only the softer side of it. Do i want to open arma to screamo? No i don't at all, but i realize that metal has a lot of variety and some good mood music could come out of it. all I'm saying is give it a chance maybe chammy could throw up a video of a menu with the music, and we could all see if it works well. In the end, its always chammy's choice and if he likes metal and wants it on his mod then so be it. I do understand that you are just requesting that he does not do so. Yet, this whole being a rebel stuff is crap. I like metal cause i like the way it sounds, not cause i want to do a kilo of cocaine and fight the man. I do not dress gothic, and believe in my government, some sections more than others wink_o.gif. Even in your worst case scenario that metal makes it on the menu all you have to do is quick get into a server or sp. I know that if we was talking about putting country on the menu id beg him not to also but if it did end up on there it wouldn't be that bad. Oh and was this any easier to read? If it isn't I'm sorry and i tried.

@Mod Franze i agree he deserved a wp, but for my own reference i saw no curse words in his text. If "pissed off"(sorry for using it if it is bad i just need to know and it was the only way i could ask) is a bad word, which normally i would assume it isn't, could you please post that it is or pm me with an exact list of curse words since i have myself used those words.

Yeah, your message was much easier to read now you used full stops and capitalization and didn't type everything as a single sentence. Makes it a lot easier to read over. smile_o.gif

I think just 'normal' music would be nice for the menu.

My god.

This sound mod is poised to be one of the best things thats happened to arma yet with regards to immersion and were all bitching about each others taste in music.

Bravo chaps.......Bravo confused_o.gif

Although 'faked' is a strong word the combat ambience was certainly added to the original video.

I would imagine that it will be implemented in a future version.

is there a possibility to release a beta version when you get to the 75% or 80% complete?

We have the 1st version of chammy and alot like it, would be nice to compair the old with this possible beta for more feedback before an official release. xmas_o.gif

Think about it. IMO, this sounds Rock and they are the best atm.

I'll go ahead and talk to chammy about it... whistle.gif

what did he say about that idea/request?

ah he said no... he said we will just release v1.0 and then add on to it in later patchs.. sorry.

ah he said no... he said we will just release v1.0 and then add on to it in later patchs.. sorry.

Are you close to the release? Im getting worried since you guys "started working" on this not long ago.

well, those other 2 mods have nothing to do with chammys sound mod, chammys sound mod is just helping IMW and so we are using the same FTP and website to have everything hosted.

Chammys sound mod V1.0 it self is currently... i would say, coming soon... but not sure how soon.

well, those other 2 mods have nothing to do with chammys sound mod, chammys sound mod is just helping IMW and so we are using the same FTP and website to have everything hosted.

Chammys sound mod V1.0 it self is currently... i would say, coming soon... but not sure how soon.

How about a sneak preview movie? Im sure ArmaVidz can make one wink_o.gif.

EDIT: One question, ive heard bullets "woobling" pass even if im not close to a firefight. Are these stray bullets, or just a bugg? They dont sound like sonic cracks, more like a low chopper sound. It brings that little extra, i like em...

Current status is refresh...refresh...refresh of this thread.

1. I absolutely love this mod, way better than the vanilla sounds. Personally i find they need to be bigger though, the M240 i find needs more of a mechanical sound from the users viewpoint, its loud from downrange but from close behind it you should be hearing alot of the mechanics working (just add more *SHINK SHINK* sounds to it... thats the best i could describe it, sorry.;)

2. is it soon yet?

Would absoluuutly love metal brass dropping on the 50cal humvee! After you have fired, there are allot of clips from which you could rip the sound...

In every video where you hear it fired from close, you hear the thing firing, and then the metal sounds from the ejected brass hitting the metal of the humvee... Its kinda awesome really... huh.gifcrazy_o.gifyay.gifthumbs-up.gif

thats one of the things im talking about, but the actual action of the weapons bolt moving can be heard quite well when you are firing the m240 (not so sure about the M2 as i have never fired one...) heres a link to what im talking about, the closer you are, the more of the mechanics you can hear.

Guys can you really fix this as its very annoying.. please..

Quote[/b] ]Addon csmsound (entry M134_2) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

csmsound

I hope I am the first to notice this - CSM.pbo somehow makes its way into the Mission.sqm and prohibits everybody without to join the game in MP.

I hope I am the first to notice this - CSM.pbo somehow makes its way into the Mission.sqm and prohibits everybody without to join the game in MP.

Yeah, thats been noted and I think fixed, though, I havent had that problem yet on my end,hmm, I will speak to Durg about it.

As I speak the next Beta should be done soon, slowly but surely, its getting there and weapons volumes have been raised. I really want to get this done pronto as I want to begin building making and such, but I cannot rush though, its all the testing and finding sources is the real time consumer(not to mention real life).

Let me know about the building making, I'll model like the wind for ya. wink_o.gif

I really like this mod. Better than any of the others (they're good too, but this is just better inmy taste).

One thing... Maybe you could EQ the sound a bit to make is feel a bit more explosive. Now the gunshots sounds great but they are a bit "nice" and round. Maybe just a bit more power to the treble and mid range would make it more immersive.

Anyway... great work! We never play ArmA without it now.

Why does the AK hiss just after a shot?

In fact nearly all the guns have a weird after shot noise.

Also for some reason I can hear my bullets whizzing in the distance. confused_o.gif

I finally had a chance to try this sound mod for the first time as I've been using the one by FDF_Sounds for the past few weeks. I have to say that I agree with many of the posts in here; this is a great sound mod and would be a lot better if my weapon sounds were just a bit louder.

Other than that, seems to be a great sound mod so far, nice work!

These things have dropped far :P

Any news of a video preview of the sounds yet ^_^

So, due to the CSM Quality Assurance Period, Chammy has offered to include a few sounds that are cadidates for the CSM v1 release, for a combat movie I've been workin on while while waiting to do the CSM v1 Release movie.

The video I am currently working on has the following addons and mods:

<span style='color:brown'>SwatGuy's 3rd Infantry Div Retextures(Unreleased)

MaddMatt's ArmA Effects v3

Chammy's SoundMod beta (with sneak peak at CSM ver1 candidate sounds)

6thSense Tracers

McNools Desert Vehicles

Eddy's Air Pack ver2

<s>>Sorry Getting Name<</s> Frederf's M24 Desert Reskin</span>

It's a video showin' off some of the best mods we have available to us - in one. The MaddMatt's Effects 45 second clip found under MaddMatt's Effect's Thread was a snippit of the combat reel I was shooting.

A guesstimate for a release of the video is 8/31. biggrin_o.gif  goodnight.gif

A guesstimate for a release of the video is 8/31. biggrin_o.gifgoodnight.gif

now you blew it..

never mention dates! biggrin_o.gif

anyway, good news smile_o.gif

A guesstimate for a release of the video is 8/31. biggrin_o.gif  goodnight.gif

now you blew it..

never mention dates!  biggrin_o.gif

anyway, good news smile_o.gif

LOL I have no problem giving a date for the vid - teh curveball is that it might be released sooner - providing RL doesn't over-interfere rofl.gif

It's a video showin' off some of the best mods we have available to us - in one. The MaddMatt's Effects 45 second clip found under MaddMatt's Effect's Thread was a snippit of the combat reel I was shooting.

A guesstimate for a release of the video is 8/31. biggrin_o.gifgoodnight.gif

I actually got quite flattered reading that biggrin_o.gif anyway, I look forward to the video smile_o.gif

I likes dates ^_^ Thats kewl, i'm happy now cause thats 1 day after my birthday biggrin_o.gif