Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

i think it needs a basic pack to run the weapons, u can find it in the 1st page

..yeah i already had that like i said , but as soon as i put the nam file in every weapon dissapears including BIS ones

..yeah i already had that like i said , but as soon as i put the nam file in every weapon dissapears including BIS ones

You probably have the old version of the Nam pack, which uses classes from pre-1.08 version of the game. Make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the Nam units and weapons and it should work fine.

smile_o.gif

i am alive, althought new work gives not much time to spend on ARMA

but thanx to Synide release of MLOD units i will soon release simple addon of new SLA units

those will be edited BIS models like:

Specnaz without backpack

Soldier in beret

Soldier with magazine pouches/tactical vest

Soldier with backpack and medic bag

of course this is easy job like "copy and paste" but i think more SLA models will be usefull, also i must work on some 1985 units to edit existing packs

Hi Vilas. Good to see you still alive. One thing that would be VERY nice is the old 80's US units with PASGT body armor. That would great help my own mod if, with permission, we could modify them into Hezbollah fighters to fight against the IDF infantry we just released. At any rate, none of the current BIS units have PASGT type armor (with those large shoulder pads and neck protector) so it would be very nice.

MORE CUSTOM (or semi-custom) MODELS...FEWER RETEXTURES!!!

smile_o.gif

Keep up the excellent work my friend. Your stuff rocks!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

newsla.jpg

example of mixed units thanx to Synide work

soldier + backpack

field officer - backpack + raport pouch + beret + pistol pouch

specnaz patrol unit (no backpack + binocular pouch)

soldier like from OFP wink_o.gif

it is exapmle, some more will be added as new SLA addon, some will be put to CWC, and others, like POL

Do you plan on editing QG models? I'd like to see partisans in caps without the stupid spades or mines on their backs...

yay.gif

I'm glad you decided not to uninstall ArmA after all; nice to see a WIP pic of yours again after such a long time and hope that thing turned out to be OK (know what I mean I think) wink_o.gif

Keep it up;

Would gladly see you around on the 'other' forum wink_o.gif - perhaps you'd like to give a helping hand in some issues smile_o.gif

Vilas do you have an F16? Or was I thinking of someone else?

I think Footmunch was working on one (remember him posting a screen of an aircraft I believe I can remember as being an F16)

hey guys,

i have a major problem with vil's weapons (compatibility issues), and therefore i choose to not use them

i want to use his coldwar and vil russian addons.

quesitons:

1 - has anyone out there already edited his configs to use default BIS weaps and ammo?

2- is there a easy way of doing this?

thanks

what compatibility

my weapons have some configs too choose:

- close ranges, higher dispersion

- compatible with BIS values of range and dispersion

- more accurate than BIS

so player chooses which config he wants in singleplayer

so how can you say about non compatibility if weapons have one of configs with BIS values ? also many weapons use BIS mags too

than other weapons addons are not compatible too, because other addonmakers do their own "magazine class"

are you going to update your steyr aug? i mean, before the tools came out, the weapons dont have shadows. now since the tools already here,maybe you can update your weapons to have shadows on them...

cheers

Awesome addon!!!!

just wondering if the alien APC was realeased in OFP..if anyone have a link please...

are you going to update your steyr aug? i mean, before the tools came out, the weapons dont have shadows. now since the tools already here,maybe you can update your weapons to have shadows on them...

cheers

The lack of shadows on some of the weapons isn't due to them being released at the time when the tools weren't availble; adding shadows was always possible even with the old O2. Granted, its easier now as there is a designated shadow lod, but it was always possible.

I love the vehicles as it adds to the more stock ones that came with arma but any chance you can add damage textures or models? Would stil like to see ur m60 on a stand for the RACS guys to use as also some of the older vehicles fit right in with the racs stuff. Maybe a retex job to RACS colors would be cool to see also. Sorry just jabbering (I had lots of sugar today).

Any way cool stuff dude as always! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

1985_1.jpg

i am working on releasing some 1985 missions with new soldiers

my cooperators may will do some normals

soldiers will be differ by pouches (to RPD, PK, SVD, M60, etc.)

i cannot tell when all will be ready and if weapons will be fixed graphically

most of my time i will try to put in missions, this will be some new addons using previous addons, action on North of Sahrani, mostly battles as US soldier against USSR, some with US hlep to FIA, or to help RACS to get rid of USSR troops, some missions i will try to get close to OFP missions, as soon as more things will be done, i will try to put new info smile_o.gif

mega thanx to KEG for His Lowplants FPS raising smile_o.gif

EDIT: AKMS/AKM + some weapons will be fixed thanx to new tools (AKMS, AK get normals) i also work on checking if i can fix other weapons smile_o.gif

as i can - don't expect miracles and RHS/Skaven quality :P

hey, cool. I just loved the 80's. aaah they bring back golden memories wink_o.gif

Nice to see you back in business vilas

notworthy.gif

Looking good Vilas, but the flag on the officer's right sleeve in that last shot should be reversed.