Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Vila's you just dont stop man!.

I so wanna make a *cough*Movie*Cough* with these units.

pistols.gif

Looks nice thumbs-up.gif

btw do you need some sounds for the new weapons? if yes pm me a list

58985256ia8.jpg

the valiant FIA will get a brand new fancy looking TASS 83 camo for their boys

(if the reddish swiss camo will help them in hiding on any of ArmA islands is not sure yet rofl.gif ... it' being currently tested on Everon)

Good Mornin...

First I´d like to thank Vilas for his great Job here.

And Second, i got a question:

How is the Gun of the Povdik called?

I mean that gigantic Artilerytank in Folder "OFP-Vehicels" under OPFOR-Units.

Cause I want them shoot from far away... i mean its called "blind firing" via "this fire ......"

So i need the exactly Name of it, like "Bomblauncher" from AV8B.

I´d be glad to get help in here... thank you very much.

Were else should i ask?^^

Edit:

If anyone has a accurate idea to realize "blindfiring" at various locations, please tell me... I will try it with an unvisible H and dynamical location of this.

Should that work?

Would be nice if i could be informed bit better about who does what next time as Vilas also asked me to try a new version of the Alpenflagge camo for FIA :/

Sorry :/

I did not know... I just found some good referece materials by accident and did it spontaniously without being asked by V... we can dump it - it's fine with me.

Would be nice if i could be informed bit better about who does what next time as Vilas also asked me to try a new version of the Alpenflagge camo for FIA :/

Sorry :/

I did not know... I just found some good referece materials by accident and did it spontaniously without being asked by V... we can dump it - it's fine with me.

Nah, its ok as you always make great textures and i was only maybe 10% done with my version.

These addons look amazing! The only thing that I wish was that the officer had his USMC cap removed (and replaced with the very different looking US Army field cap) unless these guys are USMC '80's soldiers.

Hoooorah! (USMC)

Hooooaaah! (US Army)

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Vila's alive 'n kicking again woohoo!

Can't wait for your work to be released, well I can, but it's itching notworthy.gif

Following up the updates in this thread biggrin_o.gif

Great work Vilas i do agree the cap has to go..... and we never wore a US flag on our right shoulder untill 2003. Only the Unit patch was worn on the left shoulder or a combat patch on the right shoulder.

Heres something new from me, made a new KLMK texture as the old one was too blurry for my taste.

Worked on it a lot with the block eraser tool to get a very pixelated look on the white spots.

newestklmk2ru7.jpg

Anything being worked on for other cold war era countries such as Poland or East Germany? (just examples)

All the work here looks awesome guys. smile_o.gif

[im]http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/n85_usa.jpg[/img]

[im]http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/n85_usb.jpg[/img]

weapons will be in separet file, also Skaven let me some time ago to use and modify his addons, so my old M60 will be replaced by his CS M60 model, but M16A1 is made by me, by reediting BIS M16A2

but we need missionmakers.

very impressive 80s era US infantry.

PM me with more information. I'd be happy to make a few missions.

One quick question. What are the patches on the officer's shirt above the US Army tape? They look like sewn-on special skill and combat badges, which are they?

Here is a soviet soldier that could be in the 85 pack.

huh.gif

That is one of the best looking Soviet troops I have seen yet. Any more information about this one?

Thanks, Vilas found the uniform too green while i think it looks tan as it should and fits the ArmA islands well even if it has no camo.

I just made the unit as test and hope these will be in the final pack along witht he VDV ( or marines ) that will have KLMK ( in final model one piece ) suits.

They are Motorized infantry ( someone correct me if thats the wrong patch ) and will most probably the only units that will wear the protective vests.

Maybe i can also add soem helmet net to them and few other details, a officer field cap would be neat for sure... or rubber boots.

Here is a soviet soldier that could be in the 85 pack.

huh.gif

That is one of the best looking Soviet troops I have seen yet. Any more information about this one?

Thanks, Vilas found the uniform too green while i think it looks tan as it should and fits the ArmA islands well even if it has no camo.

I just made the unit as test and hope these will be in the final pack along witht he VDV ( or marines ) that will have KLMK ( in final model one piece ) suits.

They are Motorized infantry ( someone correct me if thats the wrong patch ) and will most probably the only units that will wear the protective vests.

Maybe i can also add soem helmet net to them and few other details, a officer field cap would be neat for sure... or rubber boots.

I think the color looks accurate, and the patch is correct. The problem I have with most Soviet infantry for ArmA is that they use camo patterns that were not really very widespread or try and retexture over the vest, the olive drab (which was more common) is a nice change. If it doesn't get included in the pack. Think about releasing it seperate.

yeah, slight variations among the different unit types would be a nice touch.

answering one of questions:

yes i would like (if i will have enough time) add Polish 1985 infantry as "help" from Warsaw Pact, also SLA will be goverment troops on that territory

my Cold War will be different than CWR, CWR makes "OFP back", i make fictional conflict on Sahrani with more armies in this global conflict

One quick question. What are the patches on the officer's shirt above the US Army tape? They look like sewn-on special skill and combat badges, which are they?

Hi Clavicula , I have used these two:

1801bmq1.th.jpg 1835bsf3.th.jpg

Great work guys, if you have any use for it feel free to do a reskin of the BMD or anything with it really for this project. Can't wait to try it out as I thing 80s equipment is a lot nicer, especially with the resistance.

Hi Clavicula , I have used these two:

[/url]

Okay, the crossed rifles is, as I'm sure you're aware, the insignia for an infantry officer. It should go on the left collar where rank insignia would go for enlisted personnel instead of the left breast.

The other is the combat infantry badge and is a "Group 1" badge, meaning that it is placed above any others above the US army tape.

*edit*

When placing the badges, all of the extra fabric isnt' used, that is meant to be folded under the insignia by whomever does the sewing. In other words, the border of the badges and insignia should be without any blank space.  

I'll try to find some pictures real quick.

A quick google search shows this guy:

The crossed rifles insignia, denoting he is an infantry officer, is on the collar. He is wearing the Expert Infantryman Badge and the Parachutists Badge. See how the excess fabric is eliminated by being folded under?

My BDU's are somewhere in storage, but maybe I can dig them out sometime to help.

Topas, they look really good, keep up the good work!

CPT%20Porter.JPG

Sevan, please do not double-post and please do not quote hotlinked images. Thanks.

Shadow NX, please do not hotlink images > 100kb. wink_o.gif

Thanks for criticism and valuable advice; will certainly follow the suggestions. biggrin_o.gif

At the moment the work is progressing on the Poles, already mentioned by Vilas. Hope to show some WIP shots soon.