Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

WOW VILAS!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

This is great!!!!!

Thanks very much Vilas!!, now looks really good!!!

Waiting updates!!! biggrin_o.gif

the m240B was not adopted until 1997........

The m240H (spade grips on back like m2 browning) was adopted in 1990

up untill that point they should be carrying an M60 or M60E3

M240B is "bonus" as HK G36C (real ironsight)

it is used by US soldier in woodland , bacause my comletly new "weapon pack" will be not only for 1985/1986, but for my other addons , to replace old "vilas_mod" (also Polish Army, Police units addons too)

also I wanna say that in this addon/minimod we try to fix annoying situation of super-skilled AI

AI will be worse shooters than they are now

but without decreasing accuracy for player, AI will have it's own worse accuracy when fire, to avoid situation which annoys many players, as "one-two shots kill from 300 meters"

smile_o.gif

WW2 quick fix will be changed in this way too, but now I have to add some caps, holsters to WW2 units

Soviets will get SSH-68 helmets instead of made in game 1940 helmets

also US army will get new pouches, those on Topas screens are already replaced with new models on my HD, but all is w.i.p.

edit:

pilotka.jpg

m70.jpg

QUICK FIX BETA

QUICK FIX BETA TO WW2 RELEASED

this is 55 MB file

one config, that uses decreased accuracy for AI, rest is BIS compatible for player

so player when shoot has bigger accuracy, than AI, to eliminate effect of "god skilled" AI (the same effect will be in my 1985 pack, so now you can test gameplay with AI with decreased accuracy, if it is not enough decreased, than i will improve later, but that means my 1985 will not be compatible with BIS units , my AI units have 2 times worse accuracy ! )

this is BETA, SS in Oak camo removed temporary, after 1985 finish, i will finish this

named quick fix , because it was made just to replace reskinned models of SLA

smile_o.gif

Thanks Vila's really enjoying playing with these. Look really good imo, only one small missing texture error.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ca\misc\data\flasa.paa

Regardless, these are very good, thank you once again for your efforts smile_o.gif

uuuu i have to improve it, on my game there was no error

CA\MISC\ is BIS texture

so if i used texture from BIS< than maybe you ARMA version is not 1.08 ?

I must check in home this "flasa", what is it

and on which modele it is used (weapons not changed, only new models of soldiers) added

i am surprised that "MISC" texture is used, cause soldiers details are in "CHARACTERS" or VILWW2 itself

file before release was given to 2 people to test

I must check in home this "flasa"

it's a Bottle smile_o.gif

edit; yep; checked the folders; that's a bottle

flasacone3.jpg

You are correct Vila's, it has nothing to do with your addons.

Sorry for the false report, the error actaully came for editor update 102, when I added a small bottle which I had forgotten about.  Should of checked the arma.rtp file first.

checking it now, there is afew errors in it I am getting, none as far as I know matter much exept maybe that the WW2_SS.p3d soldier has errors with its shadow LOD not being closed.

But anyway as you  said, these are only beta and work very well considering (no ingame problems which I noticed at all.

Thanks again for the effort!

Edit: Topas beat me to it, sorry again for the troubles guys smile_o.gif

great screen in Combat Photography posted, post more please smile_o.gif

Topas - now you know, woodland made, "moracz" for Poles made, now it's time to WW2 :P

to make "not" beta smile_o.gif

Well, the weapons don't seem to work for me (wont fire), and sometimes the game crashes to desktop... sad_o.gif

Got the quick fix pack, and the basic pack - is there anything else I need to make it work properly? Really wanna play around with these crazy_o.gif

as old WW2 pack - vilas_mod, one of vilas_config_somethig

ane WW2 pack should work

maybe other addon colides ? 1.08 of ARMA ?

as old WW2 pack - vilas_mod, one of vilas_config_somethig

ane WW2 pack should work

maybe other addon colides ? 1.08 of ARMA ?

Please check your PMs, Vilas.

Fantabulous!!! One question though, where are those lovely PzIV's we see in the pics and any T-34's to go with them?

Fantabulous!!! One question though, where are those lovely PzIV's we see in the pics and any T-34's to go with them?

The PzIV's in the picture were converted for private use and without permission they cannot be released into the community.

Is that part of Jean Christophe's panzer pack? How hard was it to convert them into ArmA? Any chance of sharing them and yes I'll keep them private also?

That defeats the whole purpose of being private. What makes you think he'll give it to you? rofl.gif

Is that part of Jean Christophe's panzer pack? How hard was it to convert them into ArmA? Any chance of sharing them and yes I'll keep them private also?

Not really, you just have to learn the basics of configs.

First you need to add selections for the two extra turret positions though (commander/front MG).  Then I just followed Vila's tut and made a new config http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=769

I tried to contact Jean two months ago, but he never replied, so sorry but I cannot release them as sharpshooter said.  I only added them to the screen to try give it abit more life.

But guys this is way off topic, which is about Vila's exellent units.  

So if you have compliments on Jeans panzers (please don't nagg him), send them to him otherwise stay on topic about Vila's units.

Love the new WWII units. Much better. Great Work. I hope we will also get to see the wonderful machine guns that we have seen you do before, such as the L7, Hotchkiss, Maxim, Schwarzlose, M1919, and Lewis. Keep up the good work. It is very much appreciated.

Err... About the recoil of the RPD m.gun - since the primary "food" of this weapon

is a weaker Soviet 7.62x39 round, the recoil of your RPD should be much softer than

the recoil of the BIS "RPK" (or PKM, in real life) which is loaded with powerful 7.62x54 rounds.

I'd say that the recoil of your RPD should be similar to the recoil of

RobertHammer's Mk43 (stronger than m249, but much weaker than the recoil of the M60 m.gun)

a HUGE thank you for these addons!

what concerns recols:

for unknown reasons here in ARMA my custom recoils doesn't work

or work only some of them

even if they are copied and edited recoils from weaponsconfigs of BIS

game says that "config.bin\recoils\vil_akrecoil.... not found"

so game search for MY own recoils defined in config in BIS config.bin

but game do not search outside for magazine or ammo definition

don't know why it search for recoils outside config

seems that own recoils are problematic here

thats why on my previous addons it looks as it is

This looks like a very good addon, and will definitely become one of our favourites!

It seems to me though, that the difficulty of the gaming has increased with the addon (the config-pbo file, i suppose).

The ai shoots actually much more accurately now than usually, as we have been using an accuracy settings such as 0.25-0.15 on our dedicated server. What is the accuracy level in the addon, and how can it be changed? Does it overwrite the settings of dediserver?

Marcus