Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Hey vilas a suggestion some police units with gas masks on

I recently downloaded your WW2 pack and I'm really impressed by the fact that a) we can now have WW2 fights and b) the range of units and weapons - having alot of fun using it. Great job!

My only suggestion would to remove the Misc addon dependency if possible.

in full new vesion WW2 addon will be idependant, as it will get normals on weapons, new units models and new soldiers textures !

now it is just small fix of old addon smile_o.gif

but Project'85 must be finished

vil_wip_sov1.jpg

The BMP-2 you hve in Vilas MOD..... is that a new BMP or is it an edit of the bIS BMP. Does it replace the ingame BMP or can i add it to my map as a seperate one? Thepaint scheme looks the same.

I love the RPG backpacks and gear. Really cool stuff.

I ahve noticed some "seams" on the models - I think it happens upon export/import that the faces are split if they are split on the UVmap - the way to fix that (unless these are just sharp edges set there by mistake) would be to box-select each verticle along such edge (taht will in fact be 2 verticles at the same position) and merge them, or just select model points>merge near> 0.001 and set correct hardness where needed.

BMP-2 in Vilas MOD was rearmed, new weapons definitions and it was made in early ARMA version while game config had some errors, which were fixed by BIS later , as i remember with AT launcher and had my crew (in early version with AKS-74U with real distance of fire, not like BIS made for such long distance as AK-74)

BMP-2 were recoulred in Vilas_CWC and other addons

a question about the vilas_MOD DsHk 38/46.... is there any way to make it mobile?(other than on a vehicle) It would be cool to be able to add a heavy machinegunner to a weapons squad.

Hepy new year to u Vilas and all the comunity memebers from Serbia. All the best in a new year. And about the lest pic of u Vilas maybe if is not a big problem u kann make a helmet over a heat like the Soviet were wering in the movie 9 rota. If u were loking the movie then u will probebly now what i ment.

Keep up the great work.

p.s. Here is the link for the movie

http://www.9rota.ru/html/trailer.html

WLD - i am not good programmist or scripter, so i cannot do it :/

LordNeuro - thanx smile_o.gif

about Soviets and other Warsaw Pact units from Project 85

now when it will be released it will be almost like things you saw, but in future DDR NVA will be inside, also UK infantry (L1A1 new made, L2 to do), maybe eastern block parashooters will get para helmets

now we are the stage : we improve and finish what was made , to release it smile_o.gif

later will be more units as there will be NATO vs. Warsaw Pact conflict in Europe smile_o.gif

maybe when we will learn how to make islands smile_o.gif

could I be cheeky and ask if the m2a2 in one of your addon packs will ever be released in desert camo, to match the mcnool desert vehicles ?

other than that question, nice work.

yes, but other person, not me will be preparing Desert and maybe RACS skin smile_o.gif

that person received a link to new Bradley model and textures smile_o.gif

but i hope it will be matching McNools colours smile_o.gif

probably such addon will be prepared as self-standing, because VIBI is planned as 1985-1995 , non desert environment

other vehicles such as BMP-1 and 2S1 and LAV and other can be reskinned by someone else, because i don't have time for this and this is not my main priority smile_o.gif

The latest addition to Project'85 - IFV Bradley is being textured atm. Attempting to adjust the colorscheme to default BiS units.

55818741hc0.jpg

brad2hi4.jpg

That bradley looks very good, keep it up notworthy.gif Looking forward to play with it. biggrin_o.gif

Lennard wink_o.gif

Wonderfull! Great job...I hope you release it also as a separate addon with desert camo.

Edited

Thanks

Wonderfull! Great job...I hope you release it also as a separate addon with desert camo.

First things first smile_o.gif though I like the idea and would certainly be interested in making one - sometime after P'85 is done.

I have to agree, it does look excellent Vilas/Topas.

Have you worked out how to build shadow lods, or are they still causing you trouble?

Thats just great guys thumbs-up.gif

Keep up the great work, I am looking forward to be able to use the Bradley smile_o.gif

also UK infantry (L1A1 new made, L2 to do)...there will be NATO vs. Warsaw Pact conflict in Europe smile_o.gif

One thing I would mention is that BAOR was primarily a tank

force (1st British Corps was committed to Germany in the mid

1980s and consisted of 3 full armoured divisions). Any real

fight in Europe during the cold war era would have been

essentially a tank battle. A properly representative U.K.

contingent would have to consist of Chieftain and Challenger

tanks, not just [Armoured] infantry. Are you going to be

making British tanks and APCs too?

I've recently restarted work on my own British 1980s addons.

Not exclusively for Europe but included will be men in noddy

suits which is what we'd have crashed out in if the balloon

had really gone up. I also remember exercises in Germany

where many of the Yanks were wearing British suits (I noticed

that they did this in the first Gulf war too).

If such a war had started in the mid-1980s I'd have been one

of those who had to fight it. Many of us thought that we

would likely be dead or POW before the first American

reinforcements even got to Europe. BAOR was jokingly known

as the "forlorn hope". confused_o.gif

new_l1.jpg

L1A1 is made, and realisticly it is different in details from FAL ; magazine release buttons, sights , grips, normalmaps, fire selector/safe and etc.

new_comparision.jpg

most of role will be infantry fightings,  so mayb UK troops will be just parashooted here to central europe units

L2 soon

br1tf0.jpg

progress made till now. Texturing of the IFV shall be finished sometime next week