Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

I'm not sure if this issue has been discussed already but it seems that the WW2 package (which is a brilliant mod.. notworthy.gif  it made our little squad turn exclusively into WW2 fighting ) has two bugs:

1. vilas_ww2_config has three incorrect path names (vil_mod instead of vilas_mod) which sometimes causes a crash of client ArmA but may occasionally crash the dediserver, too.

2. hand granates do not work on a dedicated server

We fixed the first problem by ourselves but the second one is still there. Do you have any fix for that problem available or in progress?

With regards,

MarcusaQ

degustibus est non dispudandum... icon_rolleyes.gif

in the meantime.. Bradley has been textured (at least the work on the body itself is done for now) - small additions will be made now; like unit markings etc.

12dg4.jpg

12azg9.jpg

Well Done ! Really nice Bradley  notworthy.gif

one thing u have only 3FPS  rofl.gif

nVidia 7300gs.. no further comments icon_rolleyes.gif

Get used to bugs in V-addons smile_o.gif

After all, it's all about quantity smile_o.gif

CWR fanboy :P

in few days or weeks i will try to make INDEPENDANT WW2 addon, independant from VILAS_MOD, selfstanding WW2

quick fix was made on bugs reports from few users, if they had reported me such errors i would fixed it before release

problem is with animating WW2 guns, because submachineguns fires from "open bolt", not from closed like assault rifle, so it would require to make inside of smg's

but in this new "fix" it will be independant (no new models, just indepedence and bugs fixes and zasleh from BIS proxy)

Vilas make a tiger too go with u ww2 mod plz. We need same ww2 armor and cars. I hope u vill have the time too make same. If u have a red orchestra game u new what i m tolkimg about.

Keep up the great work.

An ambitious project it's turning itself into. Good job.

Anyway, have you thought about including an early model of an m249 SAW?

m-249-dvic538.jpg

Anyway, have you thought about including an early model of an m249 SAW?

http://www.freewebs.com/sportmans/Weapons/m-249-dvic538.jpg

The "early version" is actually just a normal FN Minimi.

The Americans didnt have enough M249's at the time the first Gulf War broke out, so they bought about 1000 of them from FN to fill the gaps.

off-topic: Are those Fn minimi's still in use in the army?

Very nice looking Bradley, I love those textures. I'm also looking forward to see some sceens of the desert Bradley notworthy.gif

Lennard. wink_o.gif

concerning M249

and M240 and G36C and other new weapons - they are "bonuses" in new weapons pack, they are not for 1985

but new weapon pack is designed to replace now poor old weapons pack "VILAS_MOD.pbo" also for other addons;

mafia from new vilas_bandy will get Uzi, MiniUzi, AK103

as there will be also polish SWAT units using submachineguns shown few sites ago (site 80)

US in woodland will be holding new weapons too, but vehicless class will not be "1985" but "2000"

and about WW2 - hmmm, yes there were errors not reported before, but :/

when i opened now those weapons, they all need new textures, models, they were made from my old OFP packs :/

i stareted to work in free time to make little progress, but WW2 pack relly need rework at 100%

Hi m8,

Bradley looks Fantastic.Just wondering if you need any help with the sounds?

I've lots of experiance with sounds for addons And have lots of quality sounds.

Give me a yell if ya need some help.

smile_o.gif

Some nice Bradley engine sounds would be good kinda like the ones which the COMBAT mod had in OFP. Those were perfectly realistic as the Bradley has a very unique sound.

Likewise a nice new cannon sound for the 25mm bushmaster chain gun would rock.

People always overlook sounds in ArmA but I think that is what adds ALOT to an addon's realism.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Some nice Bradley engine sounds would be good kinda like the ones which the COMBAT mod had in OFP.  Those were perfectly realistic as the Bradley has a very unique sound.  

Likewise a nice new cannon sound for the 25mm bushmaster chain gun would rock.  

People always overlook sounds in ArmA but I think that is what adds ALOT to an addon's realism.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Preferable soundBurst=0. wink_o.gif

Vilas.. a small note about your BMP1...

it´s too big, look at the CWR bmp, they have it sized properly..

it´s not a big vehicle, i thought it where bigger until i saw one irl...

standalone will be desert versions skinned by someone ,

M2 and M2A2 woodland versions are UPDATE for VIBI vehicles pack to match new quality in my addons

also VIBI i hope will get dammage effects, maybe some hatches working in some models, but "maybe";

VIBI will be reworked too in other areas for Project'85

while other people work on skins, I wanna improve and fix this WW2 errors reported here, but also repair some awful poor models from OFP packs:

yet I made new SVT-40 with normals and animated parts which will be in newest "fix" for WW2 (still not finished addon, just another FIX with previously not reported errors fix):

new_svt40.jpg

I was making this new model from website which show "Helping_Hand"

concerning "real life" - this summer I spent a lot of time in Warsaw Museum of War and Polish Army

there is a lot of WW2 guns, SVT too, in bright wood, not dark

also that place i took some photos, and thats why me new PK, PKM in new weapons pack are much closer to real as in others mods or BIS

but SVT-40 in this museum was not my favorite wink_o.gif I was concentrating on PK, PKM

but there is new WW2 pack in 10 minutes uploading

contains changes:

- selfstanding now, not require vilas_mod,

- one file, no config files,

- new SVT-40 shown above- marked Tula star manufactory and "1943";,

- shadows fixed in Soviet Soldier,

- some weapons have simple shadows, rest is TO DO with new models in new WW2 addon, as we will finish PROJECT'85 , because I have to do completly new models of many many weapons, not only normals,

- above mentioned bugs fixed

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/ftp/vilww2.7z

please test it Marcus if now it works good on your MP server

but treat this addon as QUICK FIX 0.99, not as "new WW2"

smile_o.gif

Well, that's great !

Hosted on Armed Assault.info now

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=270

I am just a bit annoyed cause I get 3 CTD while I was making screenshots before posting confused_o.gif

The new models look great, superb work there mate.

I have encountered a serious bug though ( I'm almost shure it is no mod conflict but a problem within the pbo itself ).

When I first tested the units independendly from eachother ( meaning placing units of the given side to look at them) there was no problem.

Then when I added opposing forces ( Allied or Russian Soldiers against me playing the Germans or vise versa ) the game crashed as soon as an unit belonging to the other side was rendered.

It did not occur when I looked at a Resitance side Russian with me beeing a Bluefor soldier.

The error is reproduceable to the infinite.

I suspect some compability glitch with 1.09.

Will test further and report back in the evening.

Apart from that, the new pack is marvelous.

Thanks alot for the hard work. notworthy.gif

The new models look great, superb work there mate.

I have encountered a serious bug though ( I'm almost shure it is no mod conflict but a problem within the pbo itself ).

When I first tested the units independendly from eachother ( meaning placing units of the given side to look at them) there was no problem.

Then when I added opposing forces ( Allied or Russian Soldiers against me playing the Germans or vise versa ) the game crashed as soon as an unit belonging to the other side was rendered.

It did not occur when I looked at a Resitance side Russian with me beeing a Bluefor soldier.

The error is reproduceable to the infinite.

I suspect some compability glitch with 1.09.

Will test further and report back in the evening.

Apart from that, the new pack is marvelous.

Thanks alot for the hard work. notworthy.gif

Me too, when I'm allied everytime I see Axis soldiers of any type my game crashes.