Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Great!

Well I'm just saying how things are.

You either like it or you don't.

Hasnt much to do with me liking or dont liking things.

If you do something even if someone asks you to please not do it its disrespectfull.. simple as that.

But some just see their own benefit and give a feck about rules.

Anyway, i think i keep from posting anymore about this as long as i dont get a official word on it before we spam Vilas thread to death.

huh.gif

hehehe

now i wanted to show how easy job is to do such "expansion" with PKM mounted on pickup or 1.07 addon AKS74PSO , other of course not

i will surprise you, model is only using some small parts like front sights and bipod and this hand to hold barrel in MG, if BIS will be against using those small details to new models, it will be sad, because some parts of PK from OFP are usable now too, but new mesh is much better (front sight)

it will be in my addons, noone will get those meshes and i make no competition to BIS , i just finishing all that is required to 1985 missions on level that i can do or my team can do to give players as best quality as i can and as i have time smile_o.gif

for example my Sa58 uses many fragments of OFP weapon,

because creating booleans without 3DSMAX is impossible, using the same maps, using the shape from blueprints or textures we will get similar effect

in the pack there will be new AKM, AK74 receivers, new furniture for AK47, PK, PKMS but those models are made new, they just look like orginal, if BIS placed on rectangle one fragment on map, and i made rectangle with the same map placing, it will look the same, isn't it ?

if i want my PK to be real looking i cannot make completly other proportions , isn't it ?

but only BIS can judge opening new models when they are released wink_o.gif

my models after openieng will show new mesh, not their

on the screen down there was BIS AKS74U and PKM, but in game there will be new one models, but my provocation showed something, that we are treated not fair if there are mods who have tools

even BAS, RHS, ORCS, CSLA whose quality is super, were starting from BIS/Codemasters models from OFP, or maybe Codemasters philosophy was other than BIS ?

but who of those famous mods, addonmakers are making from scratch in oxygen ? who uses 3dsmax from torrent ? and who not ?

i get some e-mails like "if you use max it can be done better, we use max, but we will not teach you how to do it, but..."

with permissions is sometimes like that :

authentical example

- one man gave me permission to use something, later i saw his post that i stole texture, but he gave me permission few months before

so finally i erased from FTP all my addons for OFP to avoid such situatiuons

Quote[/b] ]It all comes down to manually creating rvMat files
i will surprise you, we tried to do those things on models, and efect is poor, those HDR maps and etc. are implemented in BIS weapons other way, i really tried to get my AK to quality of game, but using HDR maps and defined materials gave me nothing, so i made more poly models in LOD 0

Exelent work Vilas. I just keep doing. The company u all watching so mouch didnt even realise the tools they were promising too relis. So just keep going Vilas. I cannt weit too see moore of u work.U made arma richer white ur addons.

Keep up the good work.

Guest Ti0n3r

That PK looks great. I don't see what's the big deal with reusing BIS stuff. I released an addon for OFP some time ago where I just ripped all the sound effects from Elite, and BIS never said a word about it except Placebo added a link to it in flashnews huh.gif

So, Keep it up! smile_o.gif

oh, and i found this on forum:

topic

if some people made such weapon it is okayt, if i show one screen it is not okay ?

as i see many people work on open BIS models and get other reactions

If we see it realistic... as soon as a few hacked addons will be released it will become normal like back then in the OFP era even if BIS wont like it... everyone will do it.

At least for the soldiers it wouldnt be bad to get some new addons that fit perfectly with the rest of the original ArmA units... however i wouldnt mind a official ok from BIS.

pkms_pks.jpg

PKS and PKMS, more detailed than game models

on the same tripod (i know in real on sometimes on different)

soon hope to upload, as i said previously most of mesh /model is made from scratch in O2, few elements are from BIS , soon i start uploading  files, when finish, this message will be edited

edit; OKAY , You can try now smile_o.gif

Howdyhou... what the firing position with these weapons is? Same as with a tripod mounted grenade launcher?

wow alot of posts.. anyway, i need to comment on the "international copyrights law is over local laws".. so not true.

No international law is over any local law, ever. Sometimes local law follows international law.

Thats why the norwegain guy that broke the dvd code didn't get into jail, thats why the biggest tracker for warez is located in Sweden and so on.

hey guys, i realy need ur help, i didnt check all the thread, but well i downloaded the OFP addon pack, but didnt find any

self propelled artillary.. so if there's any new pack, i need to know where i can download it . thanx smile_o.gif

wow alot of posts.. anyway, i need to comment on the "international copyrights law is over local laws".. so not true.

No international law is over any local law, ever. Sometimes local law follows international law.

Thats why the norwegain guy that broke the dvd code didn't get into jail, thats why the biggest tracker for warez is located in Sweden and so on.

I think it would be absolutely horrible if it wasn't like that crazy_o.gif

Vilas, the tripod PKM looks good smile_o.gif

Is it possible to implement a script that will allow ammo truck (or other trucks and UAZ or BRDM) to place it around the area on command? You know how in multiplayer the ammo truck can drop the ammo boxes, well is it possible to implement the same thing but with this great PKM addon?

Quote[/b] ]Is it possible to implement a script that will allow ammo truck (or other trucks and UAZ or BRDM) to place it around the area on command? You know how in multiplayer the ammo truck can drop the ammo boxes, well is it possible to implement the same thing but with this great PKM addon?

i am not programmist, i can make models in O2, some a little corel, simple configs, but i am not so good as some people may think wink_o.gif

if i was better i would have other job wink_o.gif

probably it is possible, but not for me :/

edit: if someone want to help to polish those weapons like normalmapping, or mission making to the mission pack, i wait smile_o.gif

now i will start to finish missionpack

dszk_low.jpg

soon, in the most parts of model are new, althought some small elements are from game model - like sight, element under bullets, ammobox, handguard element smile_o.gif

now time for M2 low mounted in free time smile_o.gif

None of your mods work on my comp, I did the base install... then I added the nam pack. But I cannot see any of the models, and bullets fire from the characters belly.

@ hypno toad:

Have a look, if you have the latest version of Vilas Addons (from the first post of this Topic).

This is a problem of older Addons (Weapons?) with newer ARMA Versions.

I have the latest Versions now and Arma 1.08 , but had that Problem before.

Also some other (non Vilas) Addons can cause the problem.

So you maybe have to find out by trial and error. (Move Addon by addon from Addons-Folder.

Hope that helps

As said before you are using old files. Not compatible with the latest patch.

I think you have to install a config for the base pack

and a config for the "nam" pack. I'd say that a

lot of these packs need to be a bit better documented.

They work, but there are also some strange decisions. For example in the ammo configs there are ammo types that are not used at all, sabot vehicle magazines filled with HE ammo etc.

But I use the addons smile_o.gif

The T-72 in ArmA appears to be an early B model which would probably give it an NSV.

Vilas, where I can download your polish antiterrorist unit in "snow flecktarn"?

please look at first topic, there are all links to newest versions, AT is in POL pack

okay, one small surprise for NAM lovers, i updated STONERs smile_o.gif

now new sights on models, real sights according to super website about Stoners : Stoners fan page

this is small change, but now gives realism to sights of Mk63 smile_o.gif