vilas

Vilas' addons

would be cool to get tools , to import model from game and place it on tripod

Yeah would be great

they need to hurry with those tools. whistle.gif

But theres nothing we can do about it so I'll wait

yes it should be ok.

Thanks you HqPL!.

One questión... if you use a M1 Garand Soldier you don´t have this error?

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels/default.sections'"

Still appears!! crazy_o.gif

Ok! I get the arma.RPT file biggrin_o.gif

I hope it will be usefully:

=====================================================================

== C:\Util\JUEGOS\ArmA\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Mon Jun 11 18:30:21 2007

Conflicting addon VILAS_Forces in 'vilas_mod\', previous definition in 'vilas_config_hard\'

Conflicting addon VILAS_Stare in 'vilww2\', previous definition in 'vilas_ww2_conf_hard\'

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class M4AIM->M4, by vilas_config_hard\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/M4A1SD/

Updating base class VIL_Weapon->VIL_Weaponww2, by vilww2\config.cpp/CfgModels/wz29/

Updating base class M16A2GL->M16A4, by CA\weapons3\m16a4_gl\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M16A4_GL/

Updating base class Soldier->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/

Updating base class Soldier->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierEB/

Updating base class Soldier->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierGB/

Applying controller scheme Default

Applying controller scheme Default

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels/Default.sections'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels/Default.sectionsInherit'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Face 888, point 829, face points 828,829,831 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 889, point 834, face points 834,835,833 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 894, point 837, face points 836,837,839 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 895, point 842, face points 842,843,841 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Warnings in vilww2\garand.p3d:0

Face 471, point 395, face points 394,395,397 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 472, point 400, face points 400,401,399 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 477, point 403, face points 402,403,405 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 478, point 408, face points 408,409,407 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Warnings in vilww2\garand.p3d:1

Face 146, point 157, face points 156,157,159 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 147, point 162, face points 162,163,161 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 152, point 165, face points 164,165,167 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 153, point 170, face points 170,171,169 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Warnings in vilww2\garand.p3d:3

Face 650, point 642, face points 641,642,644 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 651, point 647, face points 647,648,646 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 656, point 650, face points 649,650,652 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 657, point 655, face points 655,656,654 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Warnings in vilww2\tomy.p3d:1

Face 283, point 268, face points 267,268,270 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 284, point 273, face points 273,274,272 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 289, point 276, face points 275,276,278 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 290, point 281, face points 281,282,280 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Warnings in vilww2\tomy.p3d:3

Face 0, point 0, face points 0,445,443 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 1, point 442, face points 0,1,442 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 5, point 128, face points 128,129,132 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 6, point 130, face points 128,131,133 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 281, point 462, face points 462,465,464 - invalid normal -1.#IND,-1.#IND,-1.#IND

Warnings in vilas_mod\m1911.p3d:1

Face 0, point 1, face points 0,1,3 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 1, point 6, face points 6,7,5 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 6, point 9, face points 8,9,11 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Face 7, point 14, face points 14,15,13 - invalid normal 1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN,1.#QNAN

Warnings in vilas_mod\m1911.p3d:3

Frankly, I've found that this addon, ( the vibi.pbo, and all of the configs .pbo's) are causing my system some serious HARD crashes to desktop. confused_o.gif

I'm using a fairly high-end PC, and have the most up to date patch installed. No other addons have caused me more than a warning message, but very nearly all the new guns are locking my system up tight, requiring a re-start.

Are there any known conflicts with other ArmA addons, that I should be aware of? I'm not reinstalling the addon until the stability issues it causes to my machine are solved.

Quote[/b] ]but very nearly all the new guns are locking my system up tight

Interesting as I get lockups now too.

I have Vilas's addons in my mod folder.

Sounds like a conflict and I think I'll look into this a bit more.

hey vila's.. I recommended someone to use your vietnam addons..

Then look what someone else replied too it..

http://www.totalarmedassault.com/forums....t135773

confused_o.gif

It's a bit bastardish to post what someone writes on his forum, into this thread, imho. I guess when the guy wanted to notify vilas about his opinion, he would simply post in this thread!

I guess we can all agree that Texture Quality etc has never been the strongest points of Vilas Addons. I don't see what the problem is in someone having this opinion, and using that opinion to tell others to steer away from them smile_o.gif

I agree with the guy on the texture quality, but i'm still very thankful to Vilas for all his work, and all the time he invested in his stuff, doing all that stuff for us and also so much!!

Nobody has so many weapons in the weaponpack like vilas, nobody has so many different camo's etc. so Cheers Vilas for your great work and thanks!

Anyway, I shouldn't stick my nose in this kind of business....

To make it simple for all to understand  biggrin_o.gif

Thank you for you hard work and dedication to us Vilas  wink_o.gif

Most of Vilas vehicles like the OT-64 SKOT and his weapons like the AKM are quite well done, they just suffer from lack of material and normal maps. I think the vehicles would look 100% better with them.

@Skaven; Right On mate!

textures are the same on my AKMS, AK74 and BIS AK74, but BIS models have also many HDR map features, thats why there is such big difference in look between addons look in game

but this man opinion is something that i expected, once upon a time one Russian told me not to do addons (maybe he was jelous because he did nothing, maybe because on his flashpoint.ru forum he show his hat to my nation, so in consequence to my addons, i will send few persons details about this) this who told me not to de addons at all even hacked my profile, i get information from admin that my accout was hacked to block from posting news

so some persons don't understand matter of addonmaking

addonmaking is hobby it is for the first fun

i make addons because i like it

also i make it for free

because i found fun in people who like that

what can i answer, VTE mod took my weapons and Tiger Stripe by Yaciek, if Granq like it, for me it is most important opinion smile_o.gif

but one person is not enough to do all

You have all the right to make addons, and all the right how you want to make addons Vilas, 100% behind you on that.

It is too much work for 1 man indeed, and if you want some extra rifles or camo, there is much work involved if you want all the 100% goodies that BIS also implemented to their models etc.

I am very happy with all your addons as without them, I would be mostly looking at 5 new weapons and just a handful of retextured soldiers.

I would love to see the texture quality (even if that's the normal maps/hdr etc stuff) go up. But I can understand quite well that you need more ppl to help you and work on that kind of stuff.

As long as you don't have those extra ppl, or anyway as long as YOU want to create your addons, as you do now... it's all up to you mate.

BTW, I just read your link to that Russian stuff etc.

I found it very funny how someone with such a broken English, can tell someone else that their Russian understanding is bad... haha... Also the whole degenerative "down looking" at your work etc; they are not worth any breath, any minute of your time mate; Screw them!

Not at Vilas but the guy that posted a link to the other forum:

Still I don't believe we should start making quotes (or links) of persons that write on their forum their opinion, I think that is a bit unnececairy smile_o.gif

One thing everyone seems to be forgetting here is that this is all voluntary extra work. Or is anyody getting paid for this? Not me at least. It is getting like corporate wars or something. If you do not like some addon just do not install it - period.

If you do not like some addon just do not install it - period.

Hmm, if you don't like a certain addon or aspects of it I think you can for sure make suggestions to make it better, but at no way at all demand or whatsoever. I also think that it's everybodies right to express their opinion, also on other forums etc, but the way some ppl do that is indeed unacceptable smile_o.gif

C'mon... Why the irritation? I do not think there is a way to treat this guy serious in any way...

"They look like crap" he says.. And what is it? A beauty contest?? Well, maybe not of all what Vilas has to offer is actually an perfect eye-candy but it certainly has something what other lack ; attractivity. Vilas addons are purely educative; such a wide scope of guns is nowhere to find except his packs; from WWII stuff to not widely known variants of well known guns. (sorry Skaven; you're making a great quality stuff here and one of my favourites; just talking about the quantity here wink_o.gif )And btw; have you ever seen 2s1 or 2s7 under OFP made by anybody? His vehicle pack is original and surely a great fun to play (God, love to use the SKOT as support while entering a town)

diversity and uniqueness; those are the strenghts of Vilas. The textures issue; people are judging stuff imported from OFP; well hello; it's been some years ago, was it not? Look at Gozdzik and Pion, Skot or his US Commando LAV; I'd say there is great improvement since OFP and all the new models made completely from scratch for ArmA just let hope for the best in the future

Sure there are some functionality missing here and there, but judging by the sheer number of Vilas addons I think that he puts out 5-10 items while the rest of us are working on just one thing.

But hey anybody can unpbo the files and add anything that they feel should be there. Re-texturing can be done too.

Thumbs up smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Skaven; you're making a great quality stuff here and one of my favourites; just talking about the quantity here )And btw; have you ever seen 2s1 or 2s7 under OFP made by anybody? His vehicle pack is original and surely a great fun to play (God, love to use the SKOT as support while entering a town)

Ty Topas wink_o.gif

Quality and quantaty... my personel opinion is that all addons are the same, some like our work and some don't, there really are no references to anyone we are free and we create what we feel like it, that's called freedom I certenaly won't sell mine and I'm sure Vilas won't sell his either. Your doing your best Vilas and that's all that matters to us, keep it up and thank you wink_o.gif

Sorry guys.. For posting that in this thread...

I shouldve just went with a PM.. Can a modder please delete?..

Peace out!

wink_o.gif

Whenever I install this mod, it screws up all my other units, including the ones I dl'd from you. When carrying a weapon, they just stand there, you cannot see the weapon in their hands, but you can shoot from it? How come this is happening?

we each have different strong points..

when i asked vilas for a m79 and next week i had one on my computer, thats great. Then i added shadow myself and animation, because thats what i am good on.

Not making the model, but improving them adding features and stuff..

Keep it up vilas!

oh and thanks for mentioning the vietnam soldiers.. forgot to include the tiger stripes in the latest release, will look on your NVA aswell.. but keeping my american soldiers smile_o.gif

Hehe. Th 6thsense M14 pack started from slightly modiffying Vilas' addon and improving it pice by pice. Even trougth there is not even a single face left from the original one atthe moment I can honestly say: if it wasn't for Vilas there would be no M14 module in 6th sense mod. smile_o.gif And not a single nam-era M14 or M21 in entire ArmA (now we have two of both of them!wink_o.gif.

So I guess you are dooing a very good job mate.

But you could use better muzzle flash, one that doesn't form a cross when you look via the sights. I - for one - took the OFP BiS one and mendled with it a bit and I stick to it.

@ June 27 2007,14:36)]

Hehe. Th 6thsense M14 pack started from slightly modiffying Vilas' addon and improving it pice by pice. Even trougth there is not even a single face left from the original one atthe moment I can honestly say: if it wasn't for Vilas there would be no M14 module in 6th sense mod. smile_o.gif And not a single nam-era M14 or M21 in entire ArmA (now we have two of both of them!wink_o.gif.

So I guess you are dooing a very good job mate.

But you could use better muzzle flash, one that doesn't form a cross when you look via the sights. I - for one - took the OFP BiS one and mendled with it a bit and I stick to it.

I think you forgot the M14 made by Skaven tounge2.gif

I think you forgot the M14 made by Skaven  tounge2.gif

Let's not start OT here, but Skaven made a modern M14.

And some people just fancy the wood.

And this was long time after we ran around with Vilas' one.