Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

I know that part, why would no one want to publish it ? Its more money for them.

I live in the U.S. also. If I get the UK version will It be in English that I can understand ?

im sorry but LMFAO.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

*wipes away a tear*

Can you honestly be bothered about 'Soccer' 'Soda' 'Color' etc :P

Theres no such language as American.

And i dont think its legal to export video games to the US... :S Most sites only deliver to the US (electricals, games, dvd's etc)

I know that part, why would no one want to publish it ? Its more money for them.

I don't think large publishers are easy to deal with, otherwise you would already have a release date.

Well the fact that BIS couldnt get a large publisher for the European versions will mean that its unlikely they'll get a large one from the US.. cause large, well known publishers often sell them worldwide... so i dont think many will be up for an NA only publish...

So i guess its gonna be down to small publishers for NA

I really dont know how different UK english is from American. I know some words are the same but are also different. Like boot is trunk and side street is sidewalk.

US english is commonly known as Yankish in the UK, where as in england we speak queens english, same language but we have words the right way around.

lol thats a quote going on the wall!

UK/Europe release 16th of Feb and Nordic release 23rd of Feb?! huh.gif  goodnight.gif

Oh colossus, wasn't I just playing with you in the demo?

Anyways, so has it been confirmed that the 505 version of Armed Assault will use SecuROM?

The only thing that made the German version actually German was the text. And that was an easy fix through the fan-made German to English patch. All of the voices were already in American accents (except for the little cinematics in the campaign).

I'm American, I downloaded the German version and I am satisfied, for those that are worried that the UK version will have "difficult-to-understand English", that is hardly the case. 505 probably realizes that a large size of their customers buying the UK version will also be American. I have lived in the UK for nearly 2 years as an American, and it's not like you are speaking an entirely different language...really.

Ill get straight to the point, since north america release is not set, I will be getting a UK version.  I was wondering where the best place to buy it online and get it shipped to Canada would be.  Any thoughts?

I've got the same question.

I've had TWO orders of ARMA stopped at the U.S borders that were sent from Germany. Is it even possible to have software shipped to the U.S?- Virgin Islands

I've seen a few sellers on eBay offering pre-orders for the English language release of ArmA (one of them based in Singapore) and they offer global postage.

Don't let the typical anti-eBay old wives' stories scare you. The sellers I have seen are either Power Sellers (good reputation and many many satisfied buyers) or eBay 'shops'. They're pretty much businesses which use eBay as their 'shop'.

I purchased my whole system (base unit, monitor, graphics card, a few cables, keyboard mouse and speakers) last week and they were my first eBay purchases. I couldn't be more satisifed, although I was sent a faulty monitor but within 2 days I received a brand new replacement, postage-free.

Of course there are a couple or more second hand German ArmAs for sale too, but that's beside the point seeing as you're after the English version.

Just tried to order ArmA from 505, which seems to sell only through amazonuk, but amazon uk will not sell software to Canada due to copyright law. For fuck's sake, how am I supposed to get a copy here?

Try ebay, people will ship the copies across to you

(they will order from amazon, delivered to their UK address, then you pay for the game and they will ship it to you in Canada/US)

Just tried to order ArmA from 505, which seems to sell only through amazonuk, but amazon uk will not sell software to Canada due to copyright law. For fuck's sake, how am I supposed to get a copy here?

Try jack-uk's 2nd link on page 128. My order went thru, heres hopin...

Maybe it was mentined before, but can't read 130 pages, do they ( 505 ) have specific date in february for releasing the game? I read something about the 16th???

Should we still expect to see this thing out in retail in the US?

Nothing has yet to be confirmed one way or the other for North America.

Hopefully BIS skips a US publisher and looks to the neighbors to the north. Then we all just head to Canada and with the exchange rate it would be like......5 bucks wink_o.gif

Just kidding. Love me my up north neighbors.

Try jack-uk's 2nd link on page 128. My order went thru, heres hopin...

you gotta hope it'll go through the customs thumbs-up.gif

So any news on where the 505 Special Edition is being sold? I wanted to pre-order one so that they don't all disappear... wink_o.gif

Not trying to be cynical here, just a realist, but somehow I doubt ArmA selling out will be an issue

No US publisher?

No US distributor?

Not likely to be one?

Wish I had not bought the download version, at least then I would have a coaster for my beer.

It is confirmed, Slovenia will have 505's ArmA in stores on February 16th.

Not trying to be cynical here, just a realist, but somehow I doubt ArmA selling out will be an issue

Sad but possibly true...

What copy protection will 505 Games be using for their distribution of Arma? Will 505 be using SecureROM like Morphicon?