Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

I'm glad that the US has a publisher now, but May is too long to wait. I was going to get the UK version for my birthday on the 18th.Now I'm stuck, either importing the UK version or waiting for the US. sad_o.gif

@SmellyJelly:

You can also download the game via online distribution if you prefer; saving the costs involved in importing. I'm sure something was mentioned about the 505 version also being available online; possibly through Sprocket - though this is a guess on my part.

no guess needed. maruk's announcement said sprocket would have the english version on feb 27th. if it's priced like the cz version, it'll be cheaper than waiting for a us release or ordering from britain.

Yep those in the US have a few options:

1) Wait till May for their own release

2) Download it via Sprocket

3) Try and order the UK version and hope it gets through customs...

Yeah, just wait til they tell you it's EA... biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gifrofl.gif

biggrin_o.gif Woot Woot, Atari, glad we are both wrong this week.

Atari is top notch in my book. I've always enjoyed what they produce and they have a proven track record. Great job BIS team.

Well, it's good to know that you US guys finally have a confrimed publsiher, although I do remember what Atari did with the game Boiling Point - Road to Hell. Basically, they forced the developers to change so much stuff in the game that it totally ruined it. They were forced to change all the rifle names from real ones to stupid, made-up ones, and they were forced to remove all real-world references, like the pictures of Che Guevera and stuff.

Ah well, let's wait and see how Atari deal with the release. I'm not one for knocking something until I've seen how it works... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yep those in the US have a few options:

1) Wait till May for their own release

2) Download it via Sprocket/Eventually Steam

3) Try and order the UK version and hope it gets through customs...

Jack UK, where did you get that info that Arma was to be available via Steam??

I expressed a wish/desire that BIS would go to Valve and use Steam. Madmatt followed up with BIS' sales would probably be higher because of Valve's installed customer base.

I wish that BIS would go that route! But there's no fact beyond my earnest wish. I even emailed that suggestion to BIS and recieved no response.

For now, I have my preorder in at GoGamer.com. Yes, I live in the US. GoGamer is making the 505 version available to US customers on 22 February. I wait to see what that really means.

oh im sorry, my bad.. i read someone elses post but ididnt read it properly.. i saw someone say they "hoped that it would be released on Steam"

My apologies, i'll edit my post smile_o.gif

I'm going to order my UK copy on monday... as it is released on friday im hoping it will be delivered on the same day.. if not i'll have to wait till monday/tuesday :\

@SmellyJelly:

You can also download the game via online distribution if you prefer; saving the costs involved in importing. I'm sure something was mentioned about the 505 version also being available online; possibly through Sprocket - though this is a guess on my part.

I really would prefer to get a hard copy. All well, I guess I'll still get the 505 version, but I'm going to wait to be sure until BIS annouces the US release date.

Did someone spot an onlineshop listing the "special" (I didn't understand how much) edition ?

I just came back from EB games (Australia) and the release date here is 8th march. (the original game, not collectors edittion)

i just noticed that US release is scheduled for May , publisher is Atari but there will be new name ArmA: Combat Operations

i wonder why ? is "Armed Assault" registered trademark in US ?

Quote[/b] ]I would imagine us Yanks will be around April: two months later in the same manner as OFP.

--Ben

Even a month later. You can bet that when it's released it will probably be at v2.0 and totally unrecognizable as to what it is today. xmas_o.gif

Good news!

--Ben

Where did you get this information?

Regarding the name, I think that if anything, the publishers felt that Armed Assault was a strange, redundant name that lacked appeal.

edit: I just found it. On the news page, duuuh. Haha, I'm totally blind.

I wonder how the people in the States and Canada are supposed to know what ArmA means unless they visit the forums, or it's explained on the box.

To someone who's not familiar with the game, "ArmA" is just a nonsensical word.

Abs

Its confirmed:

ArmA: Armed Assault will be named ArmA: Combat Operations in North America. Publisher is Atari and the game will be released in May.

We'll continue sending UK gameboxes overseas for 2 more months I guess smile_o.gif hell, I couldn't wait for this great game, so I bought Czech version that I don't understand a single word biggrin_o.gif

Its confirmed:

ArmA: Armed Assault will be named ArmA: Combat Operations in North America. Publisher is Atari and the game will be released in May.

We'll continue sending UK gameboxes overseas for 2 more months I guess smile_o.gif hell, I couldn't wait for this great game, so I bought Czech version that I don't understand a single word biggrin_o.gif

Yeah - May. That really sucks. The English download version isn't available until the 27th. Seems like forever and a day to wait already.

Erm then that is an incorrect date, you cant get an unreleased game just because a website gives you an incorrect date.

maybe in May we will have another new patch for ARMA.

maybe thats why May is the date.. or not.

maybe in May we will have another new patch for ARMA.

maybe thats why May is the date.. or not.

+all tools,I believe

Would it be possible to add the copy protection in the chart on the first post? It'd be very useful for people confused about Starforce.

Is there any version that WON'T have Startforce or SecuROM? What do the downloadable versions have?

And if I download Armed Assault, will I be able to burn it to a disk and then use that if I need to reinstall?

Is there any version that WON'T have Startforce or SecuROM? What do the downloadable versions have?

And if I download Armed Assault, will I be able to burn it to a disk and then use that if I need to reinstall?

the sprocket version i have, has softkey, no starforce or securom.

i burned the install exe to a dvd so i don't have to dl it again. i believe reinstall requires an internet connection to sprocket for activation. it's been a while since i reinstalled it in december.