Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

According to the ad, it seems the metal looking box is actually the special limited edition. I can't speak French but I'm pretty sure that's what it says under the picture of the box.

I think you could be right. The box doesn't look very thick, so i'm assuming the special edition only contains the added features and nothing else. I hope i'm wrong as this wouldn't amount to a special editioin if the other regular editions will be able to download the addons via a patch.

I'm sure the new in-game content will be the same in all versions, the non-505 versions should get it in a patch. The software is made by BIS after all.

The Ad only mentions that the box is metal, nothing about anything else. I hope they include stuff like an A1 map.

I want a game without bugs not superfluities, spangles for the credulous to make sell.

I dont think that is the official box...

Im sure i read somewhere that it would be released in a special edition in an "Ammo box" or something like that...

That is clearly a plastic case with a metal image on the front of it.

AFAIK the front cover of the ArmA DVD/CD case is different to that too (at least it was in the other special editions)

And yeah... i doubt it will just be the "extra features" cause tehy will have to be released to other owners too, otherwise people who create missions with the new vehicles wont be able to show them to anyone else except those who have the 505 spec. release wink_o.gif

So thats probably just a photoshopped image... At least i hope wink_o.gif

@Jack-UK: It says it is a metal box, I don't think they would lie about it. It also says it is a special limited edition. So that's obvious and no point arguing. Look at the picture, you can see it's metal (the sides are silver).

As for what special stuff will come with it, well it looks like the metal case is the only unique thing. 505 haven't said anything about that.

@Jack-UK: It says it is a metal box, I don't think they would lie about it. It also says it is a special limited edition. So that's obvious and no point arguing. Look at the picture, you can see it's metal (the sides are silver).

As for what special stuff will come with it, well it looks like the metal case is the only unique thing. 505 haven't said anything about that.

I wasn't arguing, but are there any other sites with the same box to confirm it? I was expecting something like the old special edition in the ammo box...

if that really IS the special edition.. thats pretty dissapointing.

Well, as far as I know it is for France at least.

Maybe it will be different for UK (Probably will, because the cover will be different)

But again as far as I know, this is definitly the french box.

You can see it on several online stores now, plus some friend did see the above ad in real paper magazines...

Finally the ad says this is the special edition....why would they lie.

The french box doesn't highlight ArmA that much in my judgement, I'm getting the slight impression that there is a lack of information related to the game's features and capabilities and I'm afraid the average player who doesn't know about Operation Flashpoint wouldn't cling to the hook.

regards,

TB

I asked around at a few games stores (im in australia), the only store getting armed assault said they get it in on march 8, anyone heard an earlier australia release.

I wasn't arguing, but are there any other sites with the same box to confirm it? I was expecting something like the old special edition in the ammo box...

if that really IS the special edition.. thats pretty dissapointing.

It's the only picture that shows the metal sides that I've seen. Maybe there is something extra included in it, but they haven't mentioned anything.

And yea, if nothing else is in it then it is disappointing for a special edition.

Hmm looks like that probably is the french box... maybe its just PART of the special edition package... But if it isnt.. who is gonna wanna fork out extra cash for a case made of metal instead of plastic?

Heres the cover for the english ArmA : http://www.amazon.co.uk/505-Gam....eogames

***NOT SPECIAL EDITION***

The english cover is much more eye catching than the one for the french special edition.. hopefully its PART of the package so u wont see it till you open it up anyway... If not.. You blew it 505 :P

Ill get straight to the point, since north america release is not set, I will be getting a UK version. I was wondering where the best place to buy it online and get it shipped to Canada would be. Any thoughts?

Ill get straight to the point, since north america release is not set, I will be getting a UK version.  I was wondering where the best place to buy it online and get it shipped to Canada would be.  Any thoughts?

I've got the same question.

I've had TWO orders of ARMA stopped at the U.S borders that were sent from Germany. Is it even possible to have software shipped to the U.S?- Virgin Islands

Ill get straight to the point, since north america release is not set, I will be getting a UK version. I was wondering where the best place to buy it online and get it shipped to Canada would be. Any thoughts?

I've got the same question.

I've had TWO orders of ARMA stopped at the U.S borders that were sent from Germany. Is it even possible to have software shipped to the U.S?- Virgin Islands

Stopped at the border? So they refused to let you have it? I'm not from the US, just curious. Seems weired that they would have a problem with a PC game, unless it was the special edition in the ammo box tounge2.gif .

Yeah, sucks. i guess it's a little too real and my Gov't sees it as a 'clear and present danger'. Thanks George W.

Theres plenty of people who seem displeased with their purchase so let me know, I 'd love to ease you of your burden

tounge2.gif

Amazon dont ship abroad to the US... :|

Looking around it seems that a lot of people dont ship games there..

i found this site: http://www.blahdvd.com/blah....0969-YW

Though i havent used them myself to order so i dont know about their credibility, but i found them via Froogle...

They claim to ship to North America on their delivery policy and the price is pretty decent. If not, then i guess if you got a friend in the UK (or someone you know online) you could get them to buy a copy for you and ship it to the US.

I live in the U.S. also. If I get the UK version will It be in English that I can understand ?

Quote[/b] ]I live in the U.S. also. If I get the UK version will It be in English that I can understand ?

I hope you are joking.

Quote[/b] ]I asked around at a few games stores (im in australia), the only store getting armed assault said they get it in on march 8, anyone heard an earlier australia release.

The earliest I can find it available is also march 8th, although both Red Ant and 505 still list it as Feburary release.

I really dont know how different UK english is from American. I know some words are the same but are also different. Like boot is trunk and side street is sidewalk.

This is off topic, but I expect that all english language versions will be exactly same. The differences are very minor and would take a lot of searching through stringtables to change the 100 words in the entire english language that are different. All the audio appears to be recorded by Americans and that will not be changed.

On the other hand, at least two thirds of all english games/movies/tv programs released are in American english, and we (non-Americans) manage to figure them out smile_o.gif