Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

whelp, it would be nice if BIS did like Relic with Company of Heroes, release the game without anti-piracy programs. However, given the choice, I would rather use SecurROM protected disk rather than a Starforce protected disk. Ran a game with SF for a while and my ROM device stopped running in DMA 2 mode. It would only run in PIO mode. Soon there after, it died. I never had such a problem with SecurROM or SafeDisk.

In the US, a lawsuit was filed against UBI for using SF. The individual appears to have won because UBI dropped SF as a protection.

Quote[/b] ]it would be nice if BIS did like Relic with Company of Heroes, release the game without anti-piracy programs

And they sold 1 000 000+ copies already (and counting). BIS have to learn simple rules, protection didn’t sale games.

Actually, after looking through out the Sprocket Troubleshooting topic, it looks like that version also has Starforce.

Quote[/b] ]it would be nice if BIS did like Relic with Company of Heroes, release the game without anti-piracy programs

And they sold 1 000 000+ copies already (and counting). BIS have to learn simple rules, protection didn’t sale games.

It's not BIS who decides about that, it's the publisher.

If the copy protection doesn't mess with the game (Starforce is the only really problematic one) then there is nothing to worry about.

@Sailindawg

I'm assuming you are using XP?

With XP comes a IDE Transfer Mode Failback feature that basicly changes the method of communication to a safer one when a number of read/write errors has occurred, from DMA to PIO.

This is a major pain in the behind for alot of people using dvd/cd burners as they get their transfer rates decreased.

There are a number of ways to switch back to DMA transfer.

Either just change it (this only seems to work an number of times), remove the device, reinstall windows or hack the registry.

Search the net and you will find ways to change back.

About the drive not working at all, that i havent seen happen from the failback feature.

rofl.gifwink_o.gif

I just hope you are still seriously thinking about digital distribution for the “other guysâ€. I don’t have a dvd-rom, so I would rather download the game then buy a dvd-rom for it. Yea, yea, I know, it’s 2006 and I don’t have a dvd-rom, but up until this point, there hasn’t been one instance where I actually needed one.

If a US date is late or never comes (would be very suprising) at least a lot of people can get the game online or as an import.

Good news!  Armed Assault will come in an additional version for those people who don't have a DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, broadband modem, dial-up modem, USB thumb-drives, or even 3.5" floppy drives!

removed please read forum rules

LOL  rofl.gif

Disk 1 of 8000 hahah smile_o.gif

ArmA release here in Norway 23.02.2007

wink_o.gif

FlyFisher Funny as the image is dont quote images please.

Thanks smile_o.gif

@Shunday

Thanks for the post. Yes I am using XP. But the drive has died. Before the drive completely died, I reinstalled XP as part of general system maintenance. Reformatting and reinstalling XP did not even get the drive to run at DMA 2 mode again. It was still running in PIO mode. The drive wouldn't load/read anything anymore without errors. I replaced the drive.

Now as I understand it, Starforce can force your optical drives to run at a lower mode by the way SF installs itself and operates. Forcing a drive to run at a lower mode is not good for the drive over the long haul. That's how I understand it. Can I prove to the Russian devlopers of SF that they killed my drive and get my $1 million from them.......well.....I'm not hopping on a plane tomorrow bound for Moscow to find out. I have read all the pro's (very few) and con's of SF to understand that SF may have killed my drive. I avoid games that use SF protection.

I have not had problems with either SecuRom or Safedisc. I'm glad I can get a copy of Arma that does not have SF. I would prefer that game dev's / publishers behaved more like Relic towards their product. I would pay slightly more per game (to the game developer) to get a copy with no protection. However, some people cannot behave themselves and respect the effort of a game developer.

Well, after speaking to several computer game shops today in Australia the release date has been slated for the 8th of March. banghead.gif

If any Aussies on here have a different story l would love to know. I suppose we have waited this long, whats another few weeks. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, after speaking to several computer game shops today in Australia the release date has been slated for the 8th of March. banghead.gif

If any Aussies on here have a different story l would love to know. I suppose we have waited this long, whats another few weeks. icon_rolleyes.gif

yep its 8th of march down here in melbourne (Australia). but it made me happy seeing the ArmA pack on the comming soon section. o well another 21 days to go

Congrats to bis/publisher for not being GREEDY! i "acidently" found armed assault advertise in a portuguese multimedia products website, and i was surprised with the price... 39.99euros! that's an old game price!! all the new games cost around 55-60euros (at least here), so i was curious if arma price is the same in ALL europe?

...in the other hand i hope this 1st dvd makes the game decently playable like "main" bugs solved, specially smooth mp code and enough bis addons. i would hate to wait for a "res" dvd so that i can have a full power arma version.

i just ordered by phone sonext tuesday i'll have my game installed (i hope).

so to all users, i wish u a great time playing armed assault! smile_o.gif me included!

My local shop doesn't seem to get it until 21st, here in Finland... and they started out as a gameshow (which is still running after like 7 or 8 years), so... sad_o.gif

We got 505 version today in Slovenia, price on mimovrste.com (Slovenian webstore) is 36,99€ with 1,5€ shipping to Slovenia. Weehoo!

My gameshop here in Belgium told me that they might get it tomorrow but that I wouldn't have to count on it.

This is very strange for them because they always are the first to get games compared to other shops.

So, I went to another store and they told me that they won't even import it to Belgium and that only their main office in France will sell it there locally.

If there are Belgians here who got their hands on a hard copy already please let me know where you bought it.

Thx smile_o.gif

Do my eyes deceive me? my order from go-gamer .com status is shipped.. it wasn't supposed to arrive at go-gamer until the 22nd of feb does this mean the UK version actually shipped ahead of schedule? if so when? yay.gif

I ordered my copy from play.com yesterday and its been posted out today. But i purchased a copy this morning from Game Stores Ltd in Edinburgh (UK) so now i have a spare copy in the post.

If any1 needs a copy PM me otherwise i am sending back for a refund.

PS wow this is my first post here yet i registered yonks ago rofl.gif

PPS - Hi all btw inlove.gif and c u all soon. Gonna rack up some game time now pistols.gifnener.gif

edit - i must be sleep posting

God... I want this game so hardly... But, ive searched all the shops for ArmA...But cannot find it anywhere ?! Not even in the COMING SOON category. And i live in sweden, so it should had been in the shelves yesterday.

Am I forced to order this by internet ?

I want this game, but i cannot find it... And 505 is releasing this game, so why isnt it here ?

God... I want this game so hardly... But, ive searched all the shops for ArmA...But cannot find it anywhere ?! Not even in the COMING SOON category. And i live in sweden, so it should had been in the shelves yesterday.

Am I forced to order this by internet ?

I want this game, but i cannot find it... And 505 is releasing this game, so why isnt it here ?

The 16 Feb date doesn't apply to all 505 countries sad_o.gif . You might have to wait a week or two.

I asked around at a few games stores (im in australia), the only store getting armed assault said they get it in on march 8, anyone heard an earlier australia release.

Yeah sorry guys i found out a bit back. ah well wonder if it gets the 1.05 facelift?huh.gif

Well since it still hasn't arrived in my country I couldn't wait any longer and so I downloaded (purchased) the German version and applied the English v0.9 patch.

It just arrived, im having problems however , it seems that its not recognizing my joystick, even though when i checked configuration my joystick is working just fine,,, anyone else having that problem?

It just arrived, im having problems however , it seems that its not recognizing my joystick, even though when i checked configuration my joystick is working just fine,,, anyone else having that problem?

Unplug any other controllers, such as steering wheels and gamepads. ArmA supports only 1 controller at a time, though a dev said that will be fixed in a patch.