Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

No US publisher?

No US distributor?

Not likely to be one?

Wish I had not bought the download version, at least then I would have a coaster for my beer.

bummer ain't it? I am begining to wonder if US publishers are uneasy about singing and marketing a MilSim so close to realism at this time due to the political issues in the country.

please, no one, I don't mean to start a political battle, just a though I had...

unfortunatly everything gets a political label and slant these days in the US crazy_o.gif

What copy protection will 505 Games be using for their distribution of Arma? Will 505 be using SecureROM like Morphicon?

I hope not. I have to run securerom games as win2000 progs or it doesn't like the cd. Even the demo moans about no valid cd in drive if i try to run it as an xp prog.

What copy protection will 505 Games be using for their distribution of Arma? Will 505 be using SecureROM like Morphicon?

I hope not. I have to run securerom games as win2000 progs or it doesn't like the cd. Even the demo moans about no valid cd in drive if i try to run it as an xp prog.

I thought Morphicon used Starforce, at least that's what I seem to recall from my install of the German Version.

Am I wrong?

morphicon ArmA DVD version: securom

morphicon/metaboli online DL version: starforce

Thanks Q. Now to wait for my 505 copy from GoGamer. Hopefully, they used SecureROM for the 505 version. I don't understand znashin, though. SecureROM is not as problematic as SF. Been running XP and installing SecureROM protected games with no problems. Safedisc seems ok to.

it's official, BIS now has a US/NorthAmerican publisher.

they have yet to say who, but hey that got one and thats great.

seems like the US release is going to be towards the end of Feb, probilly befor the 27th.

Finally the Day has come for the downunders.... yay.gif

Now can get down to buisness and start playing this game for what its worth

Group: OF Forum Team

Posted: Feb. 08 2007,17:28

We are pleased to give you a comprehensive update of where we are with our latest tactical combat simulation game ArmA.

European Release

ArmA: Armed Assault for the European/Worldwide release by 505 Games went Gold and 16th February is now confirmed as the release date. The full list of countries where 505 Games will distribute the game (in no particular order): United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino and The Vatican Cit, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Liechtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Israel, Middle East, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Japan.

You can pre-order ArmA from Amazon.co.uk and many other retail outlets in various countries covered by 505 Games publishing.

North American Release

We are pleased to confirm that we secured a publisher for North America. An announcement about the North American release of ArmA will follow shortly - stay tuned!

English Online Direct Download Release

The full English version of ArmA will be available for purchase via the online games service Sprocket from 27th February worldwide.

No US publisher?

No US distributor?

Not likely to be one?

Wish I had not bought the download version, at least then I would have a coaster for my beer.

bummer ain't it? I am begining to wonder if US publishers are uneasy about singing and marketing a MilSim so close to realism at this time due to the political issues in the country.

please, no one, I don't mean to start a political battle, just a though I had...

unfortunatly everything gets a political label and slant these days in the US crazy_o.gif

Man I like being wrong rofl.gif

Thanks BIS/Idea for finding a pub for the North American market!!!

Shucks lilwillie, this is the type of game our government SHOULD want us all playing! Now that they found a North American publisher, I may cancel my order at GoGamer.

I wonder if I'll be able to buy a direct download of the NA version? whistle.gif

Shucks lilwillie, this is the type of game our government SHOULD want us all playing! Now that they found a North American publisher, I may cancel my order at GoGamer.

I wonder if I'll be able to buy a direct download of the NA version? whistle.gif

biggrin_o.gif Well, I'll be a good little citizen and scarf up a copy or two if one becomes a special edition.

Ahhh sweet happiness, another 5 years of great gaming just around the corner.

Ok so now that Ive ordered it from gogamer.com , NOW they find a US publisher,, is there any reason i should be concerned? like maybe it will be slightly different version and ill be screwed?

the US release still may take a while - consider that.

morphicon ArmA DVD version: securom

morphicon/metaboli online DL version: starforce

I should have been more clear. I dl'd it which was the reason for my confusion.

Thanks.

No US publisher?

No US distributor?

Not likely to be one?

Man I like being wrong  rofl.gif

Thanks BIS/Idea for finding a pub for the North American market!!!

Yeah, just wait til they tell you it's EA... biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gifrofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, just wait til they tell you it's EA...

I was hoping that it was Valve thru Steam...........

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, just wait til they tell you it's EA...

I was hoping that it was Valve thru Steam...........

They already have Sprocket for online distribution, the English one will be online Feb 27. Maybe after they release the game in the US it will appear on Steam. Steam will probably get BIS some more sales.

Does anyone have some information on the 505 Special Edition? Is it due out on the 16th as well?

I'm glad that the US has a publisher now, but May is too long to wait. I was going to get the UK version for my birthday on the 18th. Now I'm stuck, either importing the UK version or waiting for the US. sad_o.gif

Does anyone have some information on the 505 Special Edition? Is it due out on the 16th as well?

I saw on the italian distributor website the metal case edition due on the 16th, if i remember, but it's not listed in any online shop...

Does anyone have more info about this edition?

Yep,

I'm glad it's a proven publisher with a lot of experience in gaming industry. Atari has that history... notworthy.gif

I'm glad that the US has a publisher now, but May is too long to wait. I was going to get the UK version for my birthday on the 18th.Now I'm stuck, either importing the UK version or waiting for the US. sad_o.gif

@SmellyJelly:

You can also download the game via online distribution if you prefer; saving the costs involved in importing. I'm sure something was mentioned about the 505 version also being available online; possibly through Sprocket - though this is a guess on my part.