Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Last news on the czech version of official BIS site www.bistudio.cz says that ArmA will be here probably in the summer biggrin_o.gif

Last news on the czech version of official BIS site www.bistudio.cz says that ArmA will be here probably in the summer  biggrin_o.gif

But the english version too...

H1 2006

Yes I know, but I thought this is more concrete biggrin_o.gif

BIS is very difficult - We don´t know what they mean sad_o.gif

They haven´t publisher and we haven´t sponsion. crazy_o.gif

I... I... I don't know what to say. I look at BIS from a whole different angle now. What the...? crazy_o.gif

Placebo did nt like that did he? whistle.gif

Best we don't swear then 'eh?

Back on topic, that che release date, think UK will be released also in June?

I'm almost tempted to buy Ten Hammers, the only other game i've been looking forward to for years on end*, while we wait for Armed Assault.

*(other than BiA:Earned in Blood (and that came very quickly))

New Interview

New/Old Pic #1

New/Old Pic #2

EDIT: This interview was actually posted on Armedassault.com a while back but maybe some of you still haven't seen it.

Ive seen the link to it a couple of times.... But after quickly checking the images I concluded that it was an old one (didnt see the english bar). Anyway, we will post it right away smile_o.gif

Hey,I say Placebo did a great job in that interview.Made me very excited biggrin_o.gif . The AI stuff sounds great,I really do hope it is that good.OFP'S AI maybe be "Proven" but everytime I have to deal with them I am everything from annoyed to outright mad at them.

Hope you guys can make it as good as possible in the remaining time.

Quote[/b] ]new island, currently known as "Sahrani" will be a large, richly detailed and varied location, size wise it covers approximately 400km2, which is an area larger than Malden, Everon, Kolgujev & Nogova
Guess we can stop saying the Island won't be large icon_rolleyes.gif

I would like to publicly thank the interviewers and the staff at Gr komputerowe (I hope that is the name of the website) for the english translation. I really appreciate the effort to share this information with those who don't speak polish. I would be impressed if it was a spanish sidebar but given that their second language choice is something I can benefit from personally, all the better for me smile_o.gif

EDIT: This interview was actually posted on Armedassault.com a while back but maybe some of you still haven't seen it.

The interview is new today smile_o.gif

The interview is new today smile_o.gif

The website on ArmedAssault.com was Gry-Online.pl

This latest interview was from Gry.o2.pl

EDIT: But I don't think Gry-Online.pl's preview has been translated though.

I would like to publicly thank the interviewers and the staff at Gr komputerowe (I hope that is the name of the website) for the english translation. I really appreciate the effort to share this information with those who don't speak polish. I would be impressed if it was a spanish sidebar but given that their second language choice is something I can benefit from personally, all the better for me smile_o.gif

well, I think they interviewed Placebo in english and later translate it to polish. Then - sharing both language version is good way to evade some possible misunderstands or translate errors.

anyway - interview looks nice - even if screenshots is old like planet itself ...

omg banghead.gif i did not see the black box.

looked like advertisement biggrin_o.gif

thanks..

The second one can already be found in large, but at different angle I think.

"In December we predicted a H1 2006 release and that probably remains the most accurate we can predict for now."

Thank God. smile_o.gif

""Sahrani" will be a large, richly detailed and varied location, size wise it covers approximately 400km2, which is an area larger than Malden, Everon, Kolgujev & Nogova combined."

"Also we will have a fully reworked animation system for characters."

"Also subtly implemented in the engine will be features such as ambient lighting, real time shadows, HDR rendering and dynamic ambient life."

"In December we predicted a H1 2006 release and that probably remains the most accurate we can predict for now."

"....we continue tweaking and sneaking in new features until the absolute last second...."

.......So many nice quotes from Placebo!   somersault.gif  jump.gif

Indeed many nice quotes, seems that they are doing great for the moment. I just hope they won't have to many problems with a publisher.

It's nice from Placebo/Bis to communicate this way. They keep the community interested and actually still manage to keep 95% silent, without complaints, keep going that way, and let Arma be the game of the year biggrin_o.gif.

We could try to kidnap Placebo and release him in return for more information  xmas_o.gif ... but I don't think he would like that  confused_o.gif Perhaps we'll have some eastereggs thumbs-up.gif