Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Just too bad that the chopper on the right will never be released.
It will ... just not in OFP1 smile_o.gif

I think i'll replace this pic with a better (one that will be released) one. Lot of stuff on the HP (Pics, first news post etc) was just for testing to see how it looks like smile_o.gif

The website looks nice, it has some old-school flavour
Thx ... the prob is that i'm still in a learning-progress about HP-editing. But i'll do my very best to let the page look nice smile_o.gif

Yeah, right! Old news, ancient screenchots, no new addons, no nothing - RHS... what RHS?

There's no such thing as the Red Hammer Studion - they no longer exist, just like BAS. Maybe now is the time to admit that this mod has absolutely no future.

you're wrong!

But admit: sometimes "it will be released when it's done" just doesn't help anymore.

What is going on within RHS? how are their members doing? I heard from one of your members that he doesn't work anymore because there is no moderating on what he does! To listen to the question "how's the T80?" twice a day isn't fun, but just getting told to make a T80 with member X and Y and then not hearing anything for over a month also ruins the spirit.

In short: Instead of giving pics give us news, I haven't looked trough all other 171 (!!!) pages, but you guys are popular, and i am sure that people here will try to help with whatever you need.

I dunno who you were talking to but i must say then it was BS what he told you...

Its more like you often have mebers who are asked to do a certain thing and nothing at all happens, they expect the coordinatos like me to make every contact and hand one thing over to another person and back to them if its done, what is so hard to speak to the person yourself and cooperate without a third person?

Ok maybe this helps, a lil info summary on whats with RHS atm.

Main probs started when i had to move pretty far to another part of Germany and had no net for months, when i was back home again my net provider wasnt able to switch my DSL correctly so i was without any net access for 2 1/2 months, and in this time also Soul Assassin the other Team coordinator went MIA, funny that the same happend to our webmaster wich is in the army now i think.

The fact RHS was down and nothing happened was also based on the fact that most mebers expect the Team leaders to make every contact and hand stuff from one to another, not mayn of the team coordinated each other.

So it was the deep phase of RHS, i tried to manage a few things via phone with some members in that time.

In December shortly before christmas i got my net access back, and since then i try to get everything running again.

Talked to Laser and many others of the team about their status and offcourse their work status

In the same time a very important member and friend left the team due to his healt condition and his move to japan.

So things running bit slow atm but lets see what we have and whats the status.

Weapons, they are done, unfortunatly there is only one main meber working on them and hes quite busy with RL atm but tries to work on the pack a hour and more every day, and i tell you that pack is the best i ever saw.

We just add few more weaps that are already released ( with permission offcourse ), reskin a few of them and then this is done.

AK-74_04.jpg

Infantry, it is 99%, basicly it was already doen but we decided to use the wait for the weaps to increase the pack more, there will also be normal infantry, hostages, and some garrison units for cutscenes etc.

Spetsnaz GRU, same as above, i sue the wait time for reskinning them some more and they look like i want a GRU spets to look now

Kasatka, well since PSC asked me to not release this bird the project was on ice, but Bobcatt worked on with a older Model made by ex member Mr.Mapper, it looks promising but still lacks a few things especially some PSC like textures for release, also a few model upgrades need to be done.

Tanks, T55 get a smaller upgrade mainly config wise, T80s are almost done, now having tankriders on all of them and other fancy things from t55s like suspension etc, t62, Kenji decided to remodel them from scratch, T72s need a lot of more work, we applied new textures lately cause old ones were really disapointing.

Spetsnaz, well yes there are some more units basicly release ready when the weap pack is done, they will feature ciy cammo on first version and wear the bulky spets helmets you often see on real pics ( maska etc )

Wll thats a short overviw on a few projects, any more questions about things i forgot?

Ah, now that is a precise answer.

thanks for this more than the usual trademarked "when it's done" answer.

Indeed, thanks for keeping the community "in the know". Very nice to see detailed updates like these! smile_o.gif Did so much more than pictures, IMHO smile_o.gif

It will ... just not in OFP1  smile_o.gif

Let me guess...VBS1 wink_o.gif , anyway those are very good news, its understandable why we all enter shock when you guys disapear and the website is down, thanks for the nice update on the amazing thinks to come smile_o.gif .

It will ... just not in OFP1 smile_o.gif

Let me guess...VBS1 wink_o.gif , anyway those are very good news, its understandable why we all enter shock when you guys disapear and the website is down, thanks for the nice update on the amazing thinks to come smile_o.gif .

no, in ofp2. check BIS people site...

Could that be any more vague?

What do you mean? rock.gif

Do you want more details? I think Shadow's post is detailed enough for the moment.

I think he meant that PSC has been hired by BIS along with Earl smile_o.gif

Which I think is really, really cool. Great to see that BIS has a real close eye on the community, unlike other communities that get zero attention from game developers biggrin_o.gif

About the Kasatka, that it will be in OFP2 is just a guess, i just know what Sebastian asked me not to release this bird.

So MAYBE its in ofp2, vbs or whatever else we see in future

I think he meant that PSC has been hired by BIS along with Earl smile_o.gif

Oh, so i'm sorry for that missunderstanding pray.gifsmile_o.gif

So nice to arn the rest of the team here. =P Just due to how we keep getting spanked I'll leave the other site up, besides a lot of work was put into getting up and running, just incase we get cyberspanked again still have something to fall back on with the mod team..

@shadow;

Thanks for this amount of detailed info (not meant sarcastic) wow_o.gif

I'm looking forward to this stuff.

PSC and Earl were big losses to the community, but I'm sure we will get this back ten times, because they now work on stuff we will see in future games!

I look at it this way we still got Earl and PSC and the BAS guys just they now belong to things at a higher level, which is wise if to beable to see improvements in OFP2. People come people go. hell RHS is one of the first mods and were still kicking. We do not release crap, and we often work with other mods to achive high level addons to be made. A fair number of us also help Combat Mod. =P Making sure quality west addons were produced, don't believe me spend time in the 'readme' files of their addons. So we are not just sitting on our thumbs.

Sorry things are not made fast enough to please, addon collectors.

Demands of standardized levels of quality set how quickly these will manifest themselves out to the public.

Everything now must be high level detail modelwise, otherwise people will flame on and on.

Everything must be feature compleate, I push for realistic operation for everything created.

For a long time we have lacked good texture artists, usualy if the project didn't intrest them we couldn't get it done. Lost members to other mods is another problem they rather comit their time and efforst elsewhere.

The all show no go problem, major thing I REALLY loath.

A person gets use to drop one project for theirs and never produces said item, and we end up stuck in having to retract aviablitiy or replace it with something better. =/

That still causes a number of issues, like pissing off the people who started the first project only to shelve it and they leave angry to go elsewhere.

The many choppers we got can't be released cause have to add lots of scripts and features to them and make sure they are MP compatable, update textures, to high res redo the model and add more details. Research more and more. .

The pilot pack finaly was repaired at least but the models are so old now I had to totally overhaul them from scratch.

I was taking a look the other day about your Turret project, now what I noticed was this

1. It looks very veyr promising.

2. In the video, I didnt see the main turret moving at all.

If u could maybe fix that, that would be much better video wink_o.gif

to those who need a better report on the status on RHS I tell you this have a little faith ppl

not like we have been sitting around all this time doing nothing you should know this by now

I look at it this way we still got Earl and PSC and the BAS guys just they now belong to things at a higher level, which is wise if to beable to see improvements in OFP2.

Hmm, BAS members are not working for BIS if i look at the BIS people list (unless i have forgotten one of their nickname) , they are just making user made addons for VBS1 ?

Unlike PSC and Earl that are working on the higher level that is OFP2 ?

Ontopic

I always think it was better to communicate instead of just using Broussard's "when its done" credo.

And i think that post like the one of Shadow NX made about the RHS addon situation are really great as it is a lot more informative about RHS works even if there is no release date.

It seems after all that time addon makers have always no idea how much addon users like their work and every little bits of information they can have about those upcoming works.

Just see the result of every little bit of update Zayfod made in the ECP countdown thread to notice that.

well im back smile_o.gif i have my internet connection sorted after 3 months of painful waiting, now all i need to do is get everything sorted and up-to-date smile_o.gif Great news is that Manfred (u can probably remember him by the BRDM's and BMP's he made for spetznaz mod has joined our team and has already showed alot of very promising work which ill show quite soon.

im out for now. cya later

well im back smile_o.gif i have my internet connection sorted after 3 months of painful waiting, now all i need to do is get everything sorted and up-to-date smile_o.gif Great news is that Manfred (u can probably remember him by the BRDM's and BMP's he made for spetznaz mod has joined our team and has already showed alot of very promising work which ill show quite soon.

im out for now. cya later

Wow! Cool! It's great, you're back again! smile_o.gif

So, any chance to see a BMP-pack from RHS? Until now I have to use CSLA-2 to have some good BMP. Would be really nice! wink_o.gif

Keep up the great work! smile_o.gif

...Wll thats a short overviw on a few projects, any more questions about things i forgot?

With all due respect to your hard work and dedication to OFP, I've heared it all before... many-many times. And yet do I see anything new on your new site? Not really.

I absolutely loved RHS before, but now it's a "private" mod, not a public one - I know that you guys still work on a few projects for yourself, but you will never release anything for the community, I'm quite certain of it. Laser most likely will, and Footmunch, but not the rest of your team.

P.S. No hard feeling, okay? Didn't mean to upset you guys...