Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Well constantly spamming the thread isn't gonna speed us up on the release any faster. Were working on it, its not ready, nore are we gonna rush it just for you cause your hammering the reply count on the thread.

You want the units out and as bug free as possable then leave us to do our work.. I don't appriecate the constant badgering that has been doing on for the last week. Even more so seeing RHS did suffer a major communications loss for several months due to the website taking a dump.

Real life is gonna take the front seat over OFP addons cause making theses are not going to support anyones living standard, and the others who are locked dealing with their getting further education. Which they have to pay for..

And the fact theses packs are all large scale projects not one or two units but dozens.. Then require betwe testing in MP and SP use.

Well discussing in here is pretty ok with me, keepts the thread up smile_o.gif

Laser and i are done with the Infantry, GRu and the bonus addon.

Units will differ from what was shown lately, i decided to redraw their cammos partly and edit some textures, placing mud etc.

Now i wait for the weap pack final wich is 99% done and now we just need to add a few weaps with permission from their original authors so we can offer a pack with everything you may need wrussian weapon wise wink_o.gif

I expect the release within first week of 2005 but youll never know what happens, but we think positive

tounge_o.gif

...all Russian counter-ATGM systems, such as "Drozhd", "ARENA" and suchlike....

Yes, I could never figure out why you have not done one more T55 with "Drozd" as it's the first tank in the world that had a counter-ATGM system... especially since DKM already have a very nice script for it.

Happy New Year!

About the T80 pack, no its not dead, i received a newer heta yesterday wich already had most scripts and stuff in it, i think this one can be released within the next month if nothing interferes.

Atm we have a lack of mebers, some are MIA others lost intrest in OFP, so things sometimes can take a while, but if anyone is willing to help he may contact me.

About T55 with Drozd, well Kenji modelled the Drozd system on his T62 betas but we found no way to simulate it right, the way DKM made it it only engages missiles that are locked on the tank

And the troops, they are done, but in the finalizing phase of the big big weap pack we found a strange bug wich we try to fix atm, thats the only thing that keeps us from releasing them.

Well now that you mention it.. does anyone have an idea about the status of the t-62's? Just curious because i'm really looking forward to these biggrin_o.gif

Very very nice guys!!  smile_o.gif

and about units in Gorka-R Suits,any news?

anyway can't wait for these beauty  wow_o.gif

The soldiers look amazing, appears to be a new head model as well? It is good to see that you guys put so much work into them, especially such things like that. I really like the textures on them, finally a very nice camouflage. T80 tanks look beautiful as well, especially the T80UM series biggrin_o.gif

I really like that infantry! But one question; that T80, will it include the AA machinegun script which you guys showed us a while ago? smile_o.gif

Cant say for sure, back then Kenji told me he sent it as a Team internal preview but someone sent it to ofp.cz ...

So i am not sure if he can make it 100% work but i keep you updated on that

[offtopic] I wish you all a happy new year year 2005! [/offtopic]

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]About T55 with Drozd, well Kenji modelled the Drozd system on his T62 betas but we found no way to simulate it right, the way DKM made it it only engages missiles that are locked on the tank

Maybe give a look at this ?

arena script

it's not complete yet and probably won't work properly on an heavy scenario,

but maybe it's worth a try. And it's free and no permission requested

or copyright to violate or credits to be given...

And it can be made to work realistically too (if I'm not wrong the

drozd can engage targets moving between 70 and 700 m/s)

Quote[/b] ]and about units in Gorka-R Suits,any news

There's Gorka but it's not Gorka-R. It's also only on one set of the GRU units. Since they'll be released so soon (Insh Allah the weapons pack will work this time) there's really no point in releasing screens of them now. Also gotten rid of the Lesnaya, but I don't think I'm allowed to tell you what pattern it's been replaced with.

Wow. Looking very nice. I can't wait for that UM1...

Do people actually ride on the BV, though? I've never seen any pictures of that. I don't know how comfortable I'd feel standing near let along sitting on ERA. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do people actually ride on the BV, though? I've never seen any pictures of that. I don't know how comfortable I'd feel standing near let along sitting on ERA.

This was discussed earlier. Russian conscript troops, while not retarded, seem to have a penchant for wishing death upon themselves in this fashion.

I don't think the tankers care, and I know that I've never seen any Spetsnaz or "professional" troops sitting on tanks equipped with ERA plating.

ERA plates don't cover the entire vehicle, usually just the frontal arc and maybe 75% of the flanks. Also applied to the roof of the vehicle, and perhaps the engine deck. Rarely do I see a Russian MBT that's as well protected with ERA as the crew would prefer, I'm sure.

The smarter conscripts probably decide to stand or crouch where there's no ERA plating - typically this is the back of the turret, some spots on the roof of the turret (Tank crewmen probably don't want ERA near the hatches they've got to scramble in and out of), and the rear roof of the hull.

In any case, it's already on, I don't think anybody wants to go about trying to remove it, and if it really bothers you - just don't put troops on it.

Edit:

KingHomer - Nice signature image. I like it.

It gets you killed if you're sitting on it pretty much and you are attacked.

Looks good can't wait for it.

Well, I think it's generally dangerous to ride any MBT ;) This problem was actual in 50-60s when USSR didn have enough APCs and IFVs to transport infantry. Now it's pretty senseless.

Of course, they also didn't have the problem of "Mobile Bunker Mentality" from 39-63.

Put conscript troops in a BMP without stressing the importance of getting out to fight on foot, and they'll sit in that BMP. They won't sit on a tank for long. I think the Russians stopped putting handlebars (Literally. They'd weld grips to the side of the turret, the rear, and the top of the hull so that troops could hang off them.) on their tanks when they developed the T-64, perhaps earlier.