Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

SV-98 would be nice to have.

Quote[/b] ]what was wrong with lesnaya for that pic? it was amazing. i was looking forward to give those guys heavy sniper rifles(will there be KSVK or OSV-96?) and ambush a few convoys. btw how many shots from 12.7mm rifle(from your weapon pack) does it take to disable CBT APC? anyway, i hope the new woodland camo will be even better. nice work so far.

Wait and see. Nothing was technically wrong with Lesnaya, but for reasons beyond my understanding, it was changed.

The antimaterial rifle is in 12.7x108mm. (.50BMG) As to which model of rifle it is, wait and see. Wait and see.

And if you're asking a question as vague as "How many rounds to disable a COMBAT! APC?" then you want to specify not only model, but version number as well. For instance, a v1.20 M2A2 "Bradley" would take more rounds than the 1.43, for example, or the M-113 would take fewer, and suchforth.

yes, the question was vague. i'm just curious how is this promissing weapon pack balanced. never mind. will find out when it's released.

as for SV-98, i thought it was intended primary for units like SOBR and OMON. but it would be a nice toy.

well, there's nothing wrong with waiting. and this will be worth it.

boy ya keep addinf stuff to be made thus it increasses the amount of time it will be before release. I sences people really don't wish to see thise items released. =P

Yes always a hard to balance between quality and requests by the community.

The Les was exchanged with something more fitting the GRU, Sumrak if anyone knows it...

Thank you all for replying! biggrin_o.gif

And one more question: I will be able to play with them already in January? I am asking because i am planing to remake some campaing, using your GRU and Motorized inf. units. wink_o.gif

And one more question: I will be able to play with them already in January? I am asking because i am planing to remake some campaing, using your GRU and Motorized inf. units. wink_o.gif

Nice try, mcbean wink_o.gif

Damn! You got me! wink_o.gif

MEDICUS or someone from RHS, post some new screens? If you can. rock.gif

what the hell does that camoflage agaisnt tounge_o.gif a bloddy volcano lava camo tounge_o.gif

"I wont be seen if i jump in the lava"

"AGHHHHHH it burns" tounge_o.giftounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gifghostface.gif

That's an emergency unit camo if I'm not mistaken, it's not meant to camouflage you. wink_o.gif

Note the CPR! biggrin_o.gif

For those who wonder, the Sumrak is kind of a modern KZS revival, cool idea i think, should get me one of those smile_o.gif

Cpt. Frostbite:

Partizan is so recently developed that any images showing GRU Spetsnaz troops wearing it during operations are not available. Partizan uniforms have only been seen thus far on Spetsgruppe assigned to the MVD.

I think the reasoning behind the removal of the Lesnaya camouflage was:

"Why have something that looks American there? They're not American units."

Went with Sumrak, Gorka-S on the GRU Spetsnaz. More Spetsnaz are on the way, perhaps one of them will be wearing Partizan.

For this release, changing it now just adds another two, three weeks onto the process.

ok. Good call though on removing the US woodland like pattern. Although it looks nice it doesn't give them this typical russian look. Looking forward to it

That seemed odd to me and the rest of us down at RCG at first. In the Great Patriotic War, the Russians were "pWned," "owned," "killed," and everything inbetween by the Waffen-SS.

Then they go and adopt a pattern so very similar... confused us all. It's actually quite effective. Apparently the Fascist connotation with that kind of uniform pattern has worn off.

The pattern is indeed very simular, although the colors are slightly different, but still almost the same.

Does it remind you of the SS? I know that the Waffen SS used camouflage in Russia, but I don't know if this specific pattern was used on the eastern front (western front for you guys). This pattern was also used in the battle for the bulge (autumn side)

But the camo works, and is a good choise. This pattern is much better than (for exampe) US woodland, due to it's smaller dots. So if something is better you better use it.

Partizan camouflage from what I heard is not an official Russian camouflage, some soldiers just like it so they buy it for themselves to wear. Pretty good choice, I have heard that it is popular amongst some operatives because it is effective. Ofcourse no doubt that it is a modern day variant influenced of the old Waffen SS camos.

Sumrak looks fine as a replacement. I was hoping the woodland would stay because there are a few differences in patterns between the Russian type and US type, but the Sumrak will probably be fitting of GRU better like Shadow said. Good job as usual RHS smile_o.gif

Belgerot:

- Yeah, Russian Lesnaya is actually more effective than US Army-issue WOODLAND-I, at least in my tests. Uniforms printed in Lesnaya also tend to be more comfortable, but that's not a function of the pattern.

Partizan, Karhu, all those, aren't issue, as was mentioned before, but troops do wear them. MVD Designated Marksmen / Snipers are fond of the Partizan suit as either a base for a ghillie or their standard uniform.

Gorka-S, Sumrak, Flora, VSR/Schoefield. We've covered a fair bit there. Next up would be things like Kamysh, Tigr, Podlesok/Reed, possibly SMK, GOROD-1 and -2, et cetera.

Something that atleast I think would be REALLY nice and quite Russian, would be odd camouflage-combinations on some soldiers. Like Gorod-1+Schofield, kamysh+urban kamysh etc. etc...

E.g.

Sniper in Moscow

Russians in Chechnya

Something like that wouldn't take too much time would it? Maybe I am the only one interested, but...

But at this point, going back and redoing the textures would add yet more time onto the already lengthening release date.

Most conscripts seem to be issued complete uniform sets more and more nowadays, so the full VSR or full Flora set is fine. With regards to the Spetsnaz, they're GRU Spetsnaz. Not much different from any other kind of Spetsnaz, granted, but to change textures (again), now, would drive Laser and his 28.8K or 32.2K modem insane.

33k wink_o.gif

One of the reasons why i really really respect him for his amazing work, must take lot of patience